Stuck in "D" status 5 weeks - need info. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 04-06-2010, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Angry Stuck in "D" status 5 weeks - need info.

HI Folks. I need some info, hopefully from someone who has sold Jeeps or worked for Jeep.

I ordered a Rubicon on 2/25. The Dealer tells me it went right to D1 status, and then a week later went backwards to "D" status. Been stuck there ever since. I called the customer support number 4 times, and each time they said my Jeep shipped on 3/25. The dealer continues to tell me it's still in D status, but won't/can't tell me why it's stuck there.

So, I got multiple questions:
1. Why does Chrysler say it has shipped when the dealer software says it's in D status?
2. Why can't the dealer give me the reason why it has not been built yet?
3. Is an order effected by the current dealer allocation? i.e. they won't build one for a dealer who has too many jeeps on the lot.
4. Is there anything I can do to find out why it's not being built?
5. is this normal with a jeep order, or am I getting jobbed here?

Jeepless in NJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 04-07-2010, 07:00 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Bueller...Bueller...Bueller??
post #3 of 16 Old 04-07-2010, 07:08 AM
Rock God

Send a message via Yahoo to joeglock

mine got lost in a train yard for two days. i know that was no help what so ever. sorry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 04-07-2010, 08:13 AM
Granite Guru

It may have shipped from the plant but it could very well be sitting in a train yard. Mine was stuck there because they didn't have anyone to unload it from Friday to Sunday. The dealer should be able to find out where its at though. They can call the train yard to see if its sitting there, mine did. Good luck.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]2009 Wrangler Unlimited Rubi
post #5 of 16 Old 04-07-2010, 08:28 AM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

First off if you are going to order a Jeep you need far more patients, most here have waited up to 8 months for a Jeep order. I ordered a Jeep on the same date and it shipped and delivered by the 28th of March. That is not typical BTW!

Quote:
So, I got multiple questions:
1. Why does Chrysler say it has shipped when the dealer software says it's in D status? Who knows
2. Why can't the dealer give me the reason why it has not been built yet?
All they have is a computer system that tells them shitty info at best

3. Is an order effected by the current dealer allocation? i.e. they won't build one for a dealer who has too many jeeps on the lot.
Yes/no Allocation is given on a monthly basis, if they have 10 and order 11 there will be no Jeep built for you. The larger dealers get more allocation like Airpark gets 44 month.

4. Is there anything I can do to find out why it's not being built?
No

5. is this normal with a jeep order, or am I getting jobbed here?
Yes/No....depends on parts restrictions like hardtops for example.

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #6 of 16 Old 04-07-2010, 08:33 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdemonto View Post
First off if you are going to order a Jeep you need far more patients, most here have waited up to 8 months for a Jeep order. I ordered a Jeep on the same date and it shipped and delivered by the 28th of March. That is not typical BTW!
X2 patience is the name of the game. We all understand how anxious you are to get your new toy. A lot of us ordered it the way we wanted it. Trust me when I tell you it's worth the wait, this was my first ordered car. I'll order one everytime from now on. As Tom Petty said, "The waeetin is the haRdest part..."

"Dude, did you see that Green Jeep out in the parking lot?"

"Yeah, its' mine..."
post #7 of 16 Old 04-07-2010, 08:39 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Yes patience is key. When we ordered ours it was the week after Easter '07. Some time in July the dealer called and said the factory canceled the order and re-ordered as an '08 model since it didn't get made in time. It finally arrived on August 08, 2007 and we still had to wait until the next day for dealer prep.

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #8 of 16 Old 04-07-2010, 09:51 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Understood Guys, and thank you for all your responses. Yes, I need more patience!!

I was really just looking for a reason, but it looks like I just have to suck it up until they finally build it.

Be well everyone!
Thx,
Duker
post #9 of 16 Old 04-07-2010, 10:02 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by duker51 View Post
Understood Guys, and thank you for all your responses. Yes, I need more patience!!

I was really just looking for a reason, but it looks like I just have to suck it up until they finally build it.

Be well everyone!
Thx,
Duker
Jdemonto gave you the reason in post #5. He works at a dealership.

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #10 of 16 Old 04-07-2010, 10:24 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold knight View Post
Jdemonto gave you the reason in post #5. He works at a dealership.
Yes, you are right.

Thanks JD, much appreciated!!

That allocation deal is weak though. BOO!!

Last edited by duker51; 04-07-2010 at 10:40 AM.
post #11 of 16 Old 04-07-2010, 12:05 PM
Rock God

is it really that hard to get a jeep rubicon right now?
I bought mine exactly 1 year ago and it came out of the factory in march.
I just called the local dealership and told them to find me the exact jeep im looking for (white 6 speed rubicon unlimited with hard top and loaded). A day later they called back telling me they found 3 of what im looking for and couple days later i was a proud owner of my jeep.

09' White JKU Rubicon with some stuff
post #12 of 16 Old 04-07-2010, 12:16 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

It is out here on the East coast. I want a loaded two door and gave them 3 colors to choose from. Every time we find one my salesman calls them and they tell him it's sold already. Been going through this drill since Feb. The warm weather has them flying off the lots.

There are plenty out there, but I don't want to settle on the options. I want a fully loaded one with Nav and they are scarce.
post #13 of 16 Old 04-07-2010, 04:17 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by duker51 View Post
It is out here on the East coast. I want a loaded two door and gave them 3 colors to choose from. Every time we find one my salesman calls them and they tell him it's sold already. Been going through this drill since Feb. The warm weather has them flying off the lots.

There are plenty out there, but I don't want to settle on the options. I want a fully loaded one with Nav and they are scarce.
With hardtop restrictions through May loaded anything Jeeps will get scarce.

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #14 of 16 Old 04-07-2010, 06:50 PM
Granite Guru

Duke, mine came in today, ordered 3/8, shipped 3/25, all I can say is trust the customer service, not the dealer, the dealer always seemed to get the info ight after me :-)
post #15 of 16 Old 04-07-2010, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

In fairness to my salesman, he did tell me about the hardtop shortage. I thought that was over with since they cut the deal with the new supplier. I guess it is taking them time to get up and running.

Thanks for the info Jason!
Best,
Duker
post #16 of 16 Old 04-08-2010, 02:01 PM
Wheeler

You can use the vehicle locator on jeep.com to find what you want in inventory, or at least something very close. They are out there and some with hard tops.

Allen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode