Need quick MT/R Kevlar answers... - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 04-06-2010, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Need quick MT/R Kevlar answers...

Almost bought a set of 35x12.50x17" Kevlars today, but ran into the 'nation-wide back order' snag. But, this will give me a chance to find out a few details now before committing. Quick responses needed, which is the reason for me starting another thread, versus searching. I need answers from those who have personal experience with each/any of these issues... not links to opinions or maybes.

#1 - Can black side-wall MT/Rs be ordered. I don't do white letters, and with Discount Tire pushing the tread having to be mounted a certain way, being able to order black would be a trigger pulling must.

#2 - Does the street tread strip really need to be inboard or outboard? DT says the tires will not the warrantied if not mounted a certain way. Inboard I believe.

#3 - Can the old-school MT/Rs still be ordered. I had them on two different Jeeps and love them. Just wondering if the option is still available.

Thanks in advance.

'09 Rock Red JK Unlimited
2.5" BB; 35" Kevlar MT/Rs on ProComp 7089's; Locked D44; Modified HighRock Front Bumper; Crossed Up Offroad Sliders/Rear Bumper & Carrier; California Top; Reshaped Skids

Previous Clubs:
Arctic Offroad - Fairbanks Alaska;
Mountaineers - Fort Collins CO;
Cheyenne Trail Crew - Cheyenne Wyo

Shop TnTCustoms.com!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-06-2010, 07:00 PM
JKO Addict!

1)I haven't seen white lettered MT/Rs due to the fact that they are asymmetrical and have to be mounted a certain way. Doesn't mean they don't make them though

2)Yes, mount them the proper way. People that know a helluva lot more about tires decided that is the best way for traction, noise, treading water, etc.

3)No idea, as far as i know the kevlars at a big step up over the old ones.

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 Old 04-06-2010, 07:01 PM
JKO Addict!

Check out goodyears website. It tells you if the tires are white or black
Edit: Here is the link for ya

http://www.goodyear.ca/goodyeartires...=Light%20Truck

Go to the bottom of the page and view available sizes. The chart will tell you the sidewall availability

Last edited by spillidge; 04-06-2010 at 07:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 04-06-2010, 08:15 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Looks like Black Side Walls for my size. Thanks for posting. Now to call GY tomorrow and see how long of a wait for them.

post #5 of 6 Old 04-07-2010, 02:41 PM
Rock God

Garage

The tread block needs to be inboard. 35 1250 17 should be BLack letters only.
I was watching gears on speedtv and they had a set on a dodge pickup with the tread block outboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.I.I.K View Post
Ok We need to organize a "Strippers and Blow Trail Run" It can raise money for college scholarships
Raleigh Meet and Greet,
Check the thread ------------->
post #6 of 6 Old 04-07-2010, 03:06 PM
Rock God

Garage

Yes you can order in black wall. I have them, actually the same exact ones you are ordering. Had nitro mud grapplers and I love these even more. You will be happy with them. I love mine

07 JK 2/DR Sahara, 35" Wrangler kevlar, 10k Winch, Garvin Roof Rack, 3" Black Diamond, CatBack Exhaust, RR Gen-1 Snorkel, too much more to list

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Welcome to JKOWNERS- Home of boobs, guns, meat, and Jeeps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode