Mopar lift with Fox shocks - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 05-19-2015, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Mopar lift with Fox shocks

Been away from JK Owners for a while (over a year, I think) and looking to see if anyone has input/advice on the lift kit seen in some of the catalogs that is from "Mopar" and the sales pitch is that it will not affect the warranty since it is from "Mopar". The parts seem like good quality stuff and look comparable to other budget boosts but the package price seems high for just a couple inches of lift.
BTW, the install would go on a '14 JKU that is now my 16 year old's daily driver and he is paying for most of the parts. Anyone that has purchased this kit have anything to say about it?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-19-2015, 07:46 PM
Wheeler

Garage

I have a 15 JKU Rubicon with the Mopar Stage 3 and Fox 2.0 setup. I currently have just under 3500 miles on it and I lifted it with just under 500 on the clock. This is my first Jeep but I am quite impressed with the capability and ride of this system. I did also add the Teraflex Monster adjustable track bar and a fox 2.0 steering stabilizer to match the shocks. I am running 35x12.50x17 Grabber Red Letters on Fuel Trophys. Have not regard and have a 6 spd... only place I am in need of extra power is on the Freeway in 6th gear but I can always down shift for the extra umpfhh. All the parts are top quality and installation was straightfoward. Would recommend to anybody. Thanks.
post #3 of 7 Old 05-20-2015, 12:05 PM
Wheeler

Just an FYI
I spoke to the Mopar reps at Blessing of the Jeeps and the kit actually designed and tested by Jeep, not a Superlift knockoff. The springs are from their OE supplier, driveshaft is a Dana. The only thing I question is not replacing control arms, particularly front lowers. Rep said it flexes as much as competitors 2.5-3" kits and didn't need to replace control arms.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 05-23-2015, 06:29 PM

i have the 3.5 fox lift no issues yet2015 ,6k. havnt tried it in the mountains yet.
post #5 of 7 Old 05-24-2015, 02:59 AM
JKO Addict!

The 3" is Mopar/Teraflex.
People are seeing more then 2" with the new 2" kit with DS and fox shocks. Replace the cam bolts with front lower arms or geo brackets for caster angle. Sweet setup for the cost imo.

2007 JKR | PSC Big bore box | Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor arms l SteerSmarts YETI track bar, tie rod, no drill flipped drag link, Griffin | Synergy frame brace | 37x12.5x17 Nitto RG's | Dana front DS | Fox IFP shocks | Artec front armor kit/Currie JJ's | Teraflex rear axle bracket | EVO Rockstars | Ridged D's, A pillar mounts | VKS sliders l Trek Armor seat covers | Superchips/Sprint booster | Savvy half doors w/ Bestop uppers
post #6 of 7 Old 05-24-2015, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Thanks all. I like what the lift has to offer. And, I thought it needed control arms to make it more complete. More to think about, but definitely leaning that way.
post #7 of 7 Old 05-31-2015, 08:56 PM

Just an FYI, a few dealerships in my area are installing the Mopar lifts on brand new 2015 JK's and selling them with the full warranty. The sales rep told me its all covered just like the stock suspension would be.
It's definitely pricey for the amount of lift but having the warranty on it is pretty nice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode