American Outlaw Drifter Netz - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 05-12-2015, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

American Outlaw Drifter Netz

anybody ever heard of this or by chance use it? kind of interesting, and curious if its a rope/webbing style material or elastic.

http://www.americanoutlawjeepparts.c...fter-netz.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-22-2015, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

without finding one single review on this...I went ahead and purchased one. the guy who owns the company was really easy to get in touch with via email and answered any question I had. came in yesterday and got it installed

install is pretty simple and held in place with Velcro strips with buckles on them so you can get a pretty good pull to make things tight. the entire edge of the webbing is reinforced and feel pretty stout. im gonna give it a few days to see how much it stretches and tighten everything back up. you have to get a little creative with mounting points and play around, but you can string up the net however you want. I think the netting over the front seats could be really nice for storing lighter and low profile things, plus the top would keep it all dry. ive got a 4 day, 3 night camping trip coming up next month and ill post up how this net does after the trip. its also supposed to be spaced out to where you can use Molle or Alice clip style attachments. ive got a some alice clip pouches im gonna put on to see how well they stay in place. it interested me because the mounting options are limitless whether it be bungee cord, rope, carabiners (sp?), ratchet strap, etc and you could hang stuff on either side of it.
post #3 of 3 Old 05-26-2015, 09:34 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

got a chance to use this over the holiday weekend on more of a road trip. the gf and I took a 2 night stay camping trip over approx. 450 miles and im happy to say everything stayed right in place. we didn't get on any trails, nothing more than gravel roads and potholes but the net made organizing gear much easier

I found using s-biners made hooking everything in place very easy and secure. some of the smaller items were held in place with the same Velcro straps that hold the whole net in place. on the bottom floor of my jeep is:
36" spare tire
recovery bag
1/2 impact in a carrying bag
12v air compressor
blue tarp
large piece tool kit
small cooler
and still room for spare axles/driveshaft

supported by the net was
2 folding camp chairs
XPG dash duo tent
3 piece surplus sleeping bag
coleman lantern
my back pack on the left
her duffle bag on the right
large cooler in the center (I did slide a 2 burner cook stove above the spare tire and under the large cooler to help keep the net from sagging too much. this worked out very nice, and the net will still support the full weight of the cooler.)
at one point I was able to rearrange some more items onto the top of the net and make room room for 8 pieces of good sized firewood between the spare tire and tailgate too.

theres still a lot of room for other items, I stuffed our pillows behind the seats but even in the back theres a lot of room to place stuff on the cargo net. next month for our wheeling trip ill likely be carrying more items and have a good review for how things do in rocky situations. overall im really happy with it so far. I need to pull all the mounting points tight as the webbing did stretch some over the trip as I figured it would. didn't find much that could fit on the net over the front seats with out it hitting your head, but it does work great for easy access to the road atlas.

and a happy little camping picture

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode