buying new. 2016 specs? how to get the best price? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 05-12-2015, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

buying new. 2016 specs? how to get the best price?

I'm in the market for a JK. I wanted something used, but the prices around here are so high there is little benefit to buying used. I'm not in a hurry to buy, so I want to see what next year offers before buying.

When could we expect the 2016 specs to be released? I don't want to buy one then have regrets that I missed out on a diesel by a few weeks!

What sources have you used to get the best price on a new JK? Costco? truecar? something else?

Last edited by 61scout80; 05-12-2015 at 02:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 05-12-2015, 02:34 PM
Wheeler

Kinda in the same boat. My wife was ready to buy a 15 Orange Rubicon. Dealer pissed her off,so now she is gonna wait until mid June. We also have seen the same thing with the used JK's around us. Used prices are eextremely high. So we have decided to buy new. She is now really stuck on the hydro blue pearl.
post #3 of 17 Old 05-12-2015, 02:51 PM
Rock God

Special order. The dealer's call it a "Sold Order" and they have no money in it.
A plus for buying new, regardless, is that YOU own the inflated resale price, as opposed to having to pay for it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 05-12-2015, 06:22 PM
Granite Guru

I believe ordering for the 2015 model year ends this month (May). Ordering will not open up on the 2016 models until around September. The specs for the 2016 will probably be released shortly before ordering becomes available.
post #5 of 17 Old 05-13-2015, 04:19 PM
Wheeler

There is nothing special in terms of Powertrain for 2016

Thanks
Guls
post #6 of 17 Old 06-13-2015, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funfred View Post
Special order. The dealer's call it a "Sold Order" and they have no money in it.
A plus for buying new, regardless, is that YOU own the inflated resale price, as opposed to having to pay for it.
How certain are you on being able to get better pricing with a special order? Are the 2015's no longer able to be ordered? I am still trying to figure out exactly what I want to get. Too many options but slowly narrowing it down. Lol

Larry
post #7 of 17 Old 06-13-2015, 02:30 PM
Granite Guru

Ordering for the 2015 closed in the 3rd week of May.
post #8 of 17 Old 06-13-2015, 06:47 PM
Rock God

Cash.

"Government is not the solution, it is the problem."
"We are never defeated unless we give up on GOD."
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be protected, and handed on for them to do the same."
Ronald Reagan
Life is 10 percent what happens to you and 90 percent how you respond.
post #9 of 17 Old 06-13-2015, 07:57 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC7 View Post
Cash.

Sorry, just remembered a friend of mine trying buying his wife a traverse cash. He was told that they could give him a better deal if he financed??? Well he paid it off when the bill came in but I was surprised.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be protected, and handed on for them to do the same."
Ronald Reagan
post #10 of 17 Old 06-14-2015, 12:36 PM
Wheeler

Garage

Quote:
Sorry, just remembered a friend of mine trying buying his wife a traverse cash. He was told that they could give him a better deal if he financed??? Well he paid it off when the bill came in but I was surprised.
Dealers will give you a better deal if you finance since they get a kick back from the bank for writing the loan. They also don't like dealing with the paperwork involved with a cash purchase.
post #11 of 17 Old 06-15-2015, 01:45 PM
Wheeler

I'll tell what's worked twice for me, assuming you're going to custom-order. Contact Dave Smith in Kellogg, ID. Send them a list of your specs and request a bid. Offhand, I think that their price is the one to beat. Then, go in to your local dealer and tell them you're ready to buy if they beat Dave Smith. Lithia did so twice for me, one Power wagon and one Jeep.
post #12 of 17 Old 06-15-2015, 02:18 PM
Wheeler

Garage

join treadlightly. get chrysler affiliate rewards. pay maximum 1% under invoice. easiest thing to do.
post #13 of 17 Old 06-15-2015, 08:58 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecTxAg06 View Post
join treadlightly. get chrysler affiliate rewards. pay maximum 1% under invoice. easiest thing to do.
This is the best way. Many will even go lower than 1% under.

2013 JKUR
post #14 of 17 Old 06-16-2015, 02:45 AM
Wheeler

You can do much better than 1% below invoice, especially if you custom order. Use the internet for research and go into the dealership at the end of a fiscal quarter.

2013 COMMANDO GREEN
6-Speed, A/C, 3.73's
Support the 2nd Amendment - It's your right!
MOLON LABE
post #15 of 17 Old 06-16-2015, 04:33 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by 61scout80 View Post
I'm in the market for a JK. I wanted something used, but the prices around here are so high there is little benefit to buying used. I'm not in a hurry to buy, so I want to see what next year offers before buying.

When could we expect the 2016 specs to be released? I don't want to buy one then have regrets that I missed out on a diesel by a few weeks!

What sources have you used to get the best price on a new JK? Costco? truecar? something else?
I don't know when they will be available, but about a month ago I passed a car hauler full of new Wranglers, and they all said CRD on the back.
post #16 of 17 Old 06-16-2015, 06:28 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTB View Post
I don't know when they will be available, but about a month ago I passed a car hauler full of new Wranglers, and they all said CRD on the back.

CRD? Let's hope that's the dealer logo.

Ronald Reagan
post #17 of 17 Old 06-16-2015, 07:12 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
CRD? Let's hope that's the dealer logo.
Dealer logo or heading to a port for shipment to all of the countries where you are able to buy a diesel Wrangler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode