Recommended Adjustable Lower Control Arms? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 04-02-2010, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Recommended Adjustable Lower Control Arms?

I find myself in need of adjustable lower control arms (front) for one of my rental Jeeps to correct a mild alignment problem. Although we have put lots of these on for customers, I have never used them on my rentals. I need the toughest thing out there for a Jeep with a 0-3" lift. The factory arms are fine (the mounts are a different story), but we tend to KILL aftermarket stuff when we put it on. I don't want something I have to grease or flimsy bushings that are going to rip and fall out in three months.

Input?

Nena Barlow

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-- downloadable maps & trailbooks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-02-2010, 03:34 PM
JKO Addict!

Rock Krawler is the best is my opinion. I have them and they are bent fore more clearance. They are solid and I would be real surprised to see one bend. They have a no questions asked warranty if you do bend it. Best of all is the joint. I've seen way to many of the johnny joint style wear out and need replacing. So far, these work great. They only need a couple drops of 3 in 1 oil at oil changes for lube instead of greasing them (and then setting preload). And the price is hard to beat.

The only down fall is adjusting them. They don't have adjusting collars like the Poly ones, and they are only adjustable at one end so you have to actually remove the bolt to spin it in or out. But, once it's adjusted to where you need it you don't have to do it again so I don't see it as a big deal.

Support the sport. GLFWDA.org
post #3 of 7 Old 04-02-2010, 03:36 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

That's going to be hard to fill. The no service requirment kills most options. I think RK has the easiest to service but it still requires some lubricant. I'm partial to Ballistic Joints, I run straight tube which makes it cheap and easy to come by. You could run 2"x.5 wall with inserts and you'd break the axle before the arms. You will have to run some 3.5-4" backspaced wheels to clear the arms with 35's. They have a Lifetime warranty on the joints too(Most of the vendors here have similar).

Obama, The greatest gun salesman since the invention of firearms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jscwerve View Post
This is exactly why we need to practice proper gun control.

If he was aiming down the sights correctly and had plenty of practice rounds under his belt, there would only be one side of this story.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 04-02-2010, 03:47 PM
JKO Addict!

Send a message via Yahoo to rob4607

For what you describe the new jks arms make more sense since you are looking for install and forget. They are expensive, but I would like to try 'em out as well.
post #5 of 7 Old 04-02-2010, 07:07 PM
JKO Addict!

RK or TF would probably be your best bet. Both need the occasional squirt of grease but both are bullet proof.

United States Army 1997-Present

When a life or death decision must be made in seconds.....the police are only a minute away.

Last edited by 09rubicon; 04-03-2010 at 08:45 AM. Reason: Spelling
post #6 of 7 Old 04-02-2010, 08:51 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I slipped off a boulder on a very technical trail and my jeep did a 4 ft free fall and landed right on one of my Teraflex control arms. The control arm was just scratched, but the bracket welded to the axle ripped off and the mount on the frame twisted.

I don't know which brand is the best, but I can vouch that the Teraflex arms are tougher than the brackets that they connect to.
post #7 of 7 Old 04-02-2010, 09:07 PM
JKO Addict!

I would run the Rock Krawler arms, I have beat the hell out of mine and they keep taking it.

|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode