Right Side Dash Rattle - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 05-06-2015, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Right Side Dash Rattle

2011 Rubi. I've got one hell of an annoying rattle that I have not yet been able to track down. It sounds like it is coming from the right side dash just behind and to the right of the glove box. I have had the glove box out and found nothing loose behind it, been in the engine bay and found nothing loose, been underneath and found nothing loose. My fender liner was a bit loose so I secured that and the rattle is still there. Also did a search on here but didn't find anything. The only thing I can think of is it is something within that right speaker box but I cant figure out how to get in there without removing the dash. Any help or experience with this is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-06-2015, 01:05 PM
Granite Guru

I too thought I had a rattle in the right side of the dash.... turned out that it was my gas tank rubbing under neither the vehicle.. (stock skid plate took a hit and pushed the tank upward)..

Could that be your issue?

Jeep sold 9/18/2015.
post #3 of 7 Old 05-06-2015, 01:37 PM
CalmerThanYouAre

I had a mysterious rattle like that and it was the windshield fasteners forward of the passenger mirror. I removed the glove box and did test drives and everything till I found it. Worth checking out, good luck.

I support the military, fiscal responsibility, Hemp, legalization of Marijuana over 21, smaller government and the Bill of Rights.

NSA: The only part of the government that actually listens.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 05-06-2015, 01:40 PM
JKO Addict!

Check the bolts that secure the trim where the A pillar meets the roll cage. Mine were loose and caused a very annoying rattle.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 Old 05-07-2015, 09:30 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll give those a try
post #6 of 7 Old 05-07-2015, 02:02 PM
Rock God

I also have a 2011 Rubi with the same rattle. Mine seemed to start after I installed a snorkel. It sounds almost like there is loose change in the glovebox, which there isn't. Going to also check those things mentioned...
post #7 of 7 Old 05-07-2015, 03:51 PM
Granite Guru

2011 Rubi here too with an annoying inner dash rattle also. I look crazy trying to pin point it while driving, holding things and hitting things to try and stop it... It feels like an endless search...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode