JKOwners Forum banner

Lift/Mod Suggestions

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Bigjerm 
#1 ·
Looking to put a 3" lift on my 08 2dr X but I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the choices/prices/options out there. Any suggestions?

Its my first jeep, my daily driver and there are no other jeep owners anywhere near me that I can tap for info.

#3 ·
Though advertised as a 2" lift (Australian laws), in actuality, the Old Man Emu shock and HD spring combination gives an actual 3"-3.5" lift, assuming you don't have a ton of bumpers and winches front and rear, and if so, then 2"-2.5" is the norm for those with a 1000 lbs. or more of steel bumpers and side and undercarriage armor...cost is less then $800 with install.

#5 ·
why do you like the poly kit? whats so good about it? what do you think of the rubicon express 4.5 kit?
Click those links and read! That'll tell you all you want to know! :laughing:

However, if you're too chicken to click ;) here are some reasons in a nutshell:

• Control arms with Curry Enterprises Johnny Joints for max articulation and urethane bushings for comfort and longevity
  • Adjuster sleves on control arms - Make castor/pinion angle adjustments without removing the control arm from the vehicle
  • Track Bar brackets supplement/replace OEM mounting points providing a radically stronger mount and improved handling via repositioning of the Jeeps roll center
  • Awesome swarbar disconnect solution for non-rubicon models
  • High Steer drag link flip kit corrects steering geometry preventing bump steer and improving vehicle roll center
I could go on and on but suffice it to say that the attention to detail and thoughtful engineering that has gone into these kits is amazing. :smokin:

#6 ·
...and the fact Poly is very involved in the forum so getting in contact with a member of Poly is really really simple and they back up their products. Quality and customer service, ill pay more for that. If I ever man up (aka the woman allow me to) one day to put 37’s on the Rubi it will be with a Poly 4” lift.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.