favorite soft top - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 03-31-2010, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

favorite soft top

So I was going to get a soft top this year and was wonder what your guy's favorite ones were and why you liked it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 03-31-2010, 07:05 PM
Rock God

Don't know if you can get them anymore but Offroad Heros 1.0. It rolls up and down so you can have open sky or cover in about a minute. The surrounds come off quickly so it can really be opened up if you have the doors off. The only thing you can't do is get it quickly.

Oh yeah, still no leaks.

BEER Helping me do stupid things to my JK since 2007!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 Old 03-31-2010, 08:29 PM
JKO Addict!

Send a message via Yahoo to rob4607

Can't get it anymore???? Why not? And what is their web address I can't find it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 03-31-2010, 08:30 PM
JKO Addict!

Send a message via Yahoo to rob4607

Nevermind found it, duhh.
post #5 of 11 Old 03-31-2010, 08:40 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to venom

Quote:
Originally Posted by seer View Post
Don't know if you can get them anymore but Offroad Heros 1.0. It rolls up and down so you can have open sky or cover in about a minute. The surrounds come off quickly so it can really be opened up if you have the doors off. The only thing you can't do is get it quickly.

Oh yeah, still no leaks.
X2 all the way around
over 2 yrs later, still one of my favorite mods and still no leaks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Wife
I might just go crazy and kill you in your sleep, instead of just planning it.
post #6 of 11 Old 03-31-2010, 10:07 PM
JKowners Vendor

How about "None"? Go topless or go home...

Seriously, the factory soft tops are pretty slick once you get used to them--but they don't have any visual cool factor. It's hard to beat a $150 Safari top from Besttop for simplicity, sexiness and replaceability--as long as you don't mind getting wet when it rains. If I was going to spend money on a fully-enclosable soft top, Offroad Heroes would get my money--they just look COOL!

Nena Barlow

-- downloadable maps & trailbooks

post #7 of 11 Old 03-31-2010, 11:08 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

First of all, sell that stupid hard top. Its 1000.00 just sitting in your garage. You know that its a pain in the ass to take on and off. Don't No Jeep Need A Hardtop. Then get the OEM soft top for bad weather. Now, stay with me.... get 2 Best Top brand bikini tops. A solid one for light rain and a mesh one for a bit of shade but great air flow for the nice summer days.

Spring through fall I run the mesh top but keep the OEM soft top under the protective boot on the back of the Jeep to keep the top clean and safe. The windows are all rolled up in a small storage bag that I toss in the back. If we get bad weather I zip it all up - takes less than 5 minutes. If we are just getting some rain over night I toss the trail cover on.

Recent JK sighting in such trim.....

Well, that's how I roll - and chicks dig it

-My Soft Top Collection-
Water Tight Trail Cover
http://www.quadratec.com/products/11186_0109_07.htm

Dust and cat resistent Trail Cover
http://www.moparsupercenter.com/mopa...382210323.html

Best Top Bikini Tops
http://www.quadratec.com/products/11131_003X_PG.htm

Mopar Soft Top Boot for storage of the top on the back of the JK (check out the smitty built one, 1/3 the price)
http://www.quadratec.com/products/91109_600.htm

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

Last edited by TEXASKEV; 03-31-2010 at 11:48 PM.
post #8 of 11 Old 04-01-2010, 04:21 AM
JKO Addict!

Search craigslist for a stock soft top. I got lucky and found mine, in great shape and with tinted windows for $200 on there.

Marc

2007 2 door Rubicon ROCK KRAWLER - POYL PERFORMANCE - RIVER RAIDER - POISON SPYDER - BILSTIEN - PITBULL - ACE - SMITTYBILT - BLACK ROCK - SUPERCHIPS - SPIDERWEB SHADES

post #9 of 11 Old 04-01-2010, 06:16 AM
Rock God

Garage

i believe tim is still shipping the original version of his 4 door top at off road heros.

the two door should be receiving a make over this month.

get the orh top. dont sell your hardtop unless youre that strapped for cash or space. mine sits in the garage about 10-11 months out of the year, but theres no way in hell im selling it.

Life's hard. It's harder if you're stupid.
post #10 of 11 Old 04-01-2010, 06:28 AM
Heat'n and a beat'n...

I have a trek top and like it, but would get the offroad heros if i had to do it again. I like that you can configure it in different ways. If that company would try to take care of business, they would probably sell more tops.

corey d

corey d
2008 JEEP...
post #11 of 11 Old 04-01-2010, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I could never get rid of my hardtop, we get to much snow and cold weather in nevada from november- april and I don't like freezin the balls off snow wheelin

So it sounds pretty unanimous that you guys love the offroad heros top I think I might be goin that route now, i'll just have to reconfigure my power tank mount since I got it on the back of the roll bar with the clamps

Quote:
-I don't understand the purpose of the line, "I don't need to drink to have fun." Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode