Clover Patch Window Roll™ - Anyone have one? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 03-31-2010, 05:21 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
Clover Patch Window Roll™ - Anyone have one?

I just ordered one in order to keep the windows in one place. I hope it doesn't turn into an easier way to steal all of my windows.

I was going to order it from QT but looked on ebay. The manufacturer sells it for $76.30 and free shipping. Would have been $92 delivered from QT.

The guy emailed me and was out of stock but has the material coming in next week and it sounds like they make them pretty fast. Glad to know it's made in the US by a small business owner.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Granite,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 03-31-2010, 07:36 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Nobody has one? C'mon already, I posted this 2 hours and 14.258 minutes ago.

, Granite,
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles
post #3 of 16 Old 03-31-2010, 03:01 PM
Rock God

Garage

I have one. Bought it originally for my TJ. It holds the windows fine, just not sure how it will fit in the back. I doubt there will be any problems though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 03-31-2010, 03:13 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

No offense intended, but having just looked on QT to see what you were talking about, I'm thinking reusing the carrying bag from one of those folding camping chairs would work just as well. Wal-mart has those chairs for around $21-$30. I reused one to carry my spare front driveshaft for the TJ. Many also use them to house their spare axles. Just a thought.

/

post #5 of 16 Old 03-31-2010, 03:19 PM
Wheeler

I have one and it works pretty well. There are layers of felt to separate the windows and then it all rolls up and slides into the bag. the bag clips to the roll bars so I leave it on top of the top when it's down. If I were to make it I would do it a bit differently but it works. I think it will fit down behind the seat if you're worried about someone walking off with it.
post #6 of 16 Old 03-31-2010, 03:41 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Use mine all the time. I will have had the Jeep for 4 years this year with 40k miles and my windows still look basically new. They've got some scratches but nothing like what they could have looked like.
post #7 of 16 Old 04-01-2010, 04:56 PM
Granite Guru

I have two. One for my Clear Windows and one for my Tinted Windows. Here's a hint for you. To keep them out of sight, when they're off and the top's down, I sometimes hide the roll between the tailgate door and the soft top material in the back. Can't see it with the soft top material hanging down!

You'll like it!

Cheers!

BB

Blackbeard

'09 Yellow Wrangler X JK - "Scooter"

-Sony CDX-GT540UI Head Unit
-Alpine SPR-17C Coaxial 6.5" Speakers
-Alpine SPR-17S Component 6.5" Speakers With Tweeters & Crossovers
-Rockford Fosgate Punch 400W 4-Ch Amp
-Factory Half-Doors & Full-Doors
-Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor Tires
-Black Rock Viper 900 Tungsten 17" Wheels
-Pre-Runner Light Bar
-KC-127 6" Fog Lights

"The Floggings will continue until Morale improves!"
post #8 of 16 Old 04-02-2010, 10:01 AM
Wheeler

I bought a ski bag at a local discount store for $15, bought about 3 yards of felt from Wallyworld. Works just as good and way cheaper. It even has straps and clips in the right spots for the roll bars
post #9 of 16 Old 04-02-2010, 03:10 PM
Granite Guru

We've got one for our TJ, works really well. Actually we've got two for the TJ -- like Blackbeard we've got one for our clear trail windows and one for the tinted ones.

As soon as I get the soft top installed on our JK, I'll probably pull one from our stock to use with it too.

Jason West -
|

'16 JKUR HardRock, Granite Crystal, RE/Synergy 3.5", 37s, the new project
'09 JKUR, RE 3.5", 37" MT/R-Ks, Expedition One bumpers, TNT Customs armor. SOLD.
'95 XJ lifted and locked on 35s.
post #10 of 16 Old 04-02-2010, 04:42 PM
Rock God

Garage

We love ours. does what its supposed to well. We wrap the top in the shipping cover that came with it new.Not perfect but cheap and has held up well.i just toss the wrap in the back, not many thieves around here.

got Jeep got stuff, never enough of the right stuff tho

Am I in deep enough yet?
post #11 of 16 Old 04-02-2010, 06:41 PM
JKO Addict!

For me it was a waste of money, my windows are scratched already and when I take them off I lay them in the back flat. Other than that they lay on an unused bed.

08 2 door (yes they made them) 3.5 RK lift, 35s lunchbox locked 30 front 44 LSD rear

Ocala Jeep Club CERT member. Nation's 1st jeep CERT team

Proud to be deplorable

post #12 of 16 Old 04-02-2010, 07:48 PM
Rock God

Garage

Bought it, used it once, realized I'd NEVER use it again, tried to sell it and couldnt. If you want one in never used condition, cancel your order and I'll send you mine. You're in GA so... $60 including shipping?

Joe -
-
-
-
post #13 of 16 Old 04-20-2010, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Got mine a couple of weekends ago. I really like it. Sure, I could have made one cheaper but I'm happy with it. This way I'll have my windows with me.

, Granite,
post #14 of 16 Old 04-20-2010, 10:53 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to paramaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki646 View Post
No offense intended, but having just looked on QT to see what you were talking about, I'm thinking reusing the carrying bag from one of those folding camping chairs would work just as well. Wal-mart has those chairs for around $21-$30.
this is what i use, with a couple of old blankets to keep the windows from rubbing on each other.

post #15 of 16 Old 06-11-2010, 04:57 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

I've had mine for a couple of months now and love it. Keeps everything in one place. It was worth the money to me.

, Granite,
post #16 of 16 Old 06-15-2010, 04:01 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike View Post
Got mine a couple of weekends ago. I really like it. Sure, I could have made one cheaper but I'm happy with it. This way I'll have my windows with me.
I have had one for a few years now for the same reason you got it, and it is still going strong. Lay it out on the hood, and pack them out, but I only use the piece to separate the windows. Not the bag, and have yet to have a problem. If I have concerns, I put mine behind the front seats in the floorboard otherwise it goes behind the back seats... However I have a 4 door..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode