Hid Projectors, the ultimate upgrade - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 51 Old 04-27-2015, 09:23 PM Thread Starter

Hid Projectors, the ultimate upgrade

Hid Projectors is a company that has been taking over the jeep headlight market, featured in every major sema build alongside other industry leaders such as Warn industries, VPR bumpers and Poison Spyder. They're often seen with an angry boar grill (also available by Hid Projectors).

Its definitely a misconception that these are just for "looks" or just to be cool with the color matched housing. These headlights constantly have me wondering why i even bothered to purchase other led equipment. In the pictures, you can clearly see that these headlights beam out 35-50 yards of clear vision ahead of the car, and when turning on the highbeams its taken to a whole new level, its basically like an led lights while the brights are on. If i drive with the brights on i will get a bunch of people flickering their lights at me in order for me to turn them off( only happened once by accident). Overall, the light produced by these headlights shouldn't be misunderstood by its looks.

The install was as simple as can be, i got a friend to help me out. It took about an hour and a half but thats just because were slow and weren't in a rush. There is definitely no trick to the install and no other equipment is needed in order to get these headlights set up. theres also a install guide on the website that we followed and worked out very smooth.

To conclude my review, i really just want you to get two things; (1)these headlights look crazy cool while retaining a "simple/clean" look, they don't pop out too much and don't look cheesy, with custom painted housing and monster shrouds, you can't get any better jk headlights. (2) The actual light produced by the headlights will blow you away. As i said earlier these reach about 50 yards when you turn on the brights, lighting up either whats infront of the car. The light also goes up, it lights up the area a led bar typically lights up(see in photos).

Thanks in advance for reading let me know if you have any questions id be more then happy to answer any questions.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 Old 04-27-2015, 09:33 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Interesting first post. Typically when someone bypasses the welcome room, makes their very first post basically a brown turtle neck about a specific company while sporting the company logo down the side of the vehicle regarding the product in question, we usually raise an eyebrow. You come off as a shill for Tom. He already has a vendor sponsorship here and we are very aware of his product. Maybe an introduction and a little bit about your Jeep would make that vibe calm down, jus' saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #3 of 51 Old 04-27-2015, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKCTAZ View Post
Interesting first post. Typically when someone bypasses the welcome room, makes their very first post basically a brown turtle neck about a specific company while sporting the company logo down the side of the vehicle regarding the product in question, we usually raise an eyebrow. You come off as a shill for Tom. He already has a vendor sponsorship here and we are very aware of his product. Maybe an introduction and a little bit about your Jeep would make that vibe calm down, jus' saying.
What do you care ya crybaby! and what the fuck is a brown turtle neck!?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 51 Old 04-27-2015, 09:57 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric5371 View Post
What do you care ya crybaby! and what the fuck is a brown turtle neck!?
I care because it's just a fuck you to other members. Think of it like this:

Neil and Bob are having a discussion in Neil's garage.

Neil: Bob, check out my three link!

Bob: Badass, wow, great welds, look at that truss, sweet.

Neil: Thanks bro, sure am glad I have this garage to share my builds and have great discussions with guys like you.

Bob: Yeah, it's totally grea...

Dickhead neighbor(newb with disco projector halo lights): Guys, guys, guys, guys! Look at my badass lights! Fuck yeah, arrrggggg!

Bob: Who the fuck are you?

Neil: You know this guy?

Bob: No, WTF, cool lights, who gives a fuck? Nice Jeep, but who are you?

See my point?

A brown turtle neck occurs when you have your head really far up another dudes anus.

Quote:
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
post #5 of 51 Old 04-28-2015, 05:06 AM
Granite Guru

You think those don't look cheesy? Just out of curiosity how much did those run you and how much would they have run without putting that sticker on your jeep?
post #6 of 51 Old 04-28-2015, 05:54 AM
Cod
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via MSN to Cod

Definitely looks like a sales ad to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
We liked you better when we didn't know you. If you just fucked off we could go back to not giving a shit about you.
post #7 of 51 Old 04-28-2015, 05:59 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod View Post
Definitely looks like a sales ad to me
Indeed.
post #8 of 51 Old 04-28-2015, 06:02 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Those lights are gay as fuck with a gay fucking grill as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Granite,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles
post #9 of 51 Old 04-28-2015, 06:41 AM
Granite Guru

the high beams are basically like having an LED light...that sucks dude. My Morimoto Sealed7s are way superior to LED light. Their high beam distance is actually more impressive than my recently departed 50" LED bar. Driving around with the high beams on cause people to flash theirs at you? Holy SHIT I've never heard of high beams on any other 'car'(he called it a car) eliciting this response from other drivers.
post #10 of 51 Old 04-28-2015, 06:44 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike View Post
Those lights are gay as fuck with a gay fucking grill as well.

How do you feel about the dual lightbars? hahah
post #11 of 51 Old 04-28-2015, 06:47 AM
Granite Guru

Very tacky!

to each his own though....

Jeep sold 9/18/2015.
post #12 of 51 Old 04-28-2015, 07:03 AM
Granite Guru

So far I've seen this exact thread on Wrangler Forum and JKFreaks. I am tempted to log in to Wayalife and see if he posted this there lol
post #13 of 51 Old 04-28-2015, 08:22 AM
JKO Addict!

Can this thread be deleted because we all know that this will end one of 3 ways:

1. Marketing genius never returns because he knows his job is done.
2. Dufus returns and claims no corporate affiliation. Hilarity will ensue and this thread will move to shit shat.
3. He returns and fesses up. Claims he didnt try to doop anyone. No one will care.

post #14 of 51 Old 04-28-2015, 09:08 AM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by etl330 View Post

Actually, look again, triple diple light bars...

Quote:
post #15 of 51 Old 04-28-2015, 08:46 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKCTAZ View Post
Actually, look again, triple diple light bars...
You forgot the double cubes, headlights and fog lights. How many lights does one need to see at night?

NDTguy

2017 JKU Sport S
post #16 of 51 Old 04-28-2015, 09:18 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

A lot! A whole fucking lot of light! Damnit!

After getting real headlights and fogs, all I have (and really need) is the single set of Baja Designs Cubes and that is it for auxillary forward facing light.

Triple 50's and quad cubes is so fucking dumb that I can't process it. My brain simply can't throttle down the neural impulses to make sense of it.

Quote:
post #17 of 51 Old 04-28-2015, 10:00 PM
Granite Guru

I want this idiot to come back. I've got to say seeing this shit makes me glad I supported The Retrofit Source.
post #18 of 51 Old 04-29-2015, 06:46 AM
Granite Guru

Well, I'll never buy a damn thing from HID Projectors now. Triple light bars and a quad of cubes? Seriously? Not to mention how retarded the red/blue halos and the angry eyes grill look. This slimy sales job post makes Tijuana look like a seminary.
post #19 of 51 Old 04-29-2015, 08:21 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyJLH View Post
Well, I'll never buy a damn thing from HID Projectors now. Triple light bars and a quad of cubes? Seriously? Not to mention how retarded the red/blue halos and the angry eyes grill look. This slimy sales job post makes Tijuana look like a seminary.
Not the first time they've done this. When JKCtaz posted his morimoto Sealed 7s the HIDProjectors guy spammed the post with an ad.
post #20 of 51 Old 04-29-2015, 08:43 AM
Rock God

Garage

I was thinking about some HIDs. But not now. This is pretty pathetic not to mention the pixelation around the HID url in the picture. Looks photoshopped......

"Gremlin"
Nothing in my jeep is sacred, except my jelly beans and apple liquorice. Don't touch those...
post #21 of 51 Old 04-29-2015, 08:43 AM
Granite Guru

Sounds like I need to ditch my Trucklights for HID Projectors and get that angry grill thing. Maybe then I'll have the "Ultimate Upgrade"
post #22 of 51 Old 04-29-2015, 09:00 AM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

The worst part is that I recommended Tom to a friend of mine to get his parents motorhome retrofitted. The BiX portion of the setup still doesn't function correctly and I will probably have to go and correct it.

Now i'm not certain that Tom put this guy up to this ad spam BS, but it certainly doesn't bode well for his business when you have customers pulling these antics. I love my setup, but I don't have TRS all over my Jeep and I sure as fuck don't go to random forums with the same carbon copy thread. I just politely answer questions and help out fellow Jeep enthusiasts with the product, word of mouth travels fast and I have helped quite a few people decide on and install their housings. I even helped out a little with a full blown retrofit recently inspired by my setup. When Tom stepped in and rubbed his dick all over my write up, I was polite, but pissed that he came in and started promoting his shit and never deleted his spam posts.

Quote:
post #23 of 51 Old 04-29-2015, 09:02 AM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LepreCon View Post
Sounds like I need to ditch my Trucklights for HID Projectors and get that angry grill thing. Maybe then I'll have the "Ultimate Upgrade"
Dude, when properly done, projectors will stomp all over LED options, JW Speaker excluded. Truck Lite makes a solid and simple upgrade that plain works. Won't take that away from them. But, I recently had my S7's side by side with a set of TL's. I was amazed at the difference.

Quote:
post #24 of 51 Old 04-29-2015, 10:34 AM
JKO Dickhead

Garage

Quote:

Building a capable off road Jeep is easy...building a street legal one that you can drive two hours away to wheel and then drive to work the following morning is the challenge...
post #25 of 51 Old 04-29-2015, 10:45 AM
Rock God

Quote:
You think those don't look cheesy? Just out of curiosity how much did those run you and how much would they have run without putting that sticker on your jeep?
They're far from cheap. Then you just hope they work, and Tom doesn't blame the high beams not working on you. Had them, and am much happier with my Trucklites.

2012 Silver JKU Rubicon
5 speed auto, 4.10s

For all your protection needs:

M101 trailer, RTT, Awning, etc
5 wide Little Guy Rough Rider Teardrop
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode