New Axles? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 03-28-2010, 06:38 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

New Axles?

I am starting research for building a 4 door Wrangler X. My goal is to run a 38 to 40" tire. My first delima is the axles. I was looking at the g2 axle assemblies and the price has me thinking I may build something else. The rock jock 60 was almost $7000 each. Their 44's were reasonable but I did not see an application for the jk. Any one have any other suggestions?

I have a jeep and it goes over shit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-28-2010, 07:12 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by levellinebrad View Post
I am starting research for building a 4 door Wrangler X. My goal is to run a 38 to 40" tire. My first delima is the axles. I was looking at the g2 axle assemblies and the price has me thinking I may build something else. The rock jock 60 was almost $7000 each. Their 44's were reasonable but I did not see an application for the jk. Any one have any other suggestions?
If you want to run 38"+ tires and not brake it takes money...

You can pay for a complete ready to bolt in setup (Tereflex CRD60, Currie RockJock III, or Dynatrac ProRock 60's) that will cost you more money but be nearly bulletproof or you can try to stuff a late model 60 under there from a ford or something (good luck with brackets and ABS stuff).

I guess what I am saying is if you want the really big meats it will cost you money to do it right. I have seen guys run 40's on rubicon axles but that is a ticking time bomb in my opinion.

My long term plans are 40's with a hemi and coilovers...however due to money constraints (I spent my wad on the axles) I am running 37" tires for a while on ProRock 60's... Point here is you can put your money into the parts you will need and then save for the larger tires, awesome coil-overs, and sweet v8 etc?

I hope that was helpful to some degree...good luck finding a "cheap" axle to run 40" tires on the JK that supports all the electronic crap and easy to bolt up.

1997 TJ --SOLD
1999 TJ --SOLD
2001 TJ --SOLD
2007 JK Unlmited Rubicon --SOLD
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2013 JKUR Billet Silver-- SOLD
2016 JKUR White --
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 Old 03-28-2010, 07:23 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

hey Brad River Raider will be coming out with a kit to use junk yard 60's or 14's that will allow you to keep all the abs and esp function.

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21999

Also Chris is building a Junk yard 60
https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showth...t=18628&page=4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post
A Jeep just zipped past my house and I could swear I heard the driver yellin:

"The tkob is coming!! The tkob is coming!!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode