Can You Identify this Cargo Netting? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 03-27-2010, 11:06 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to DiscoBayJoe
Can You Identify this Cargo Netting?

Anyone know who makes this cargo netting?

I dig the way it mounts like a top.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2008 JKUR 3.5" Frankenlift : RK/Artec/Synergy/Reid/Currie/PSC - Spyder'd Out - 35" MTR/K's on Spyderlocks - BinksFab Tailgate

Last edited by DiscoBayJoe; 03-27-2010 at 11:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 03-27-2010, 11:17 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I believe that it's the Smittybilt. From what I've heard, the quality sucks.
I have the Safari Straps and love them.
The thing about the smitty's is that you have to take them off when you put the top on.
With the Safari Straps, put them on and forget it.
post #3 of 13 Old 03-27-2010, 11:24 PM
Rock God

Garage

It is smittybilt. Get the Safari Straps... 2" warrior full cage setup. Nothing on the market comes close.

'07 2 door Rubicon Steel Blue & Black 2 Tone
PROUD to be an
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 03-28-2010, 04:18 AM
Granite Guru

I kinda like the cargo nack. Big money for that though

2007 2D 6SPD JK X
post #5 of 13 Old 03-28-2010, 10:57 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoBayJoe View Post
Anyone know who makes this cargo netting?

I dig the way it mounts like a top.
It looks like complete crap. Not only does it not line up properly but it looks loose too. Not to mention the way they have the top all crunched up and tucked under is bad as well. They gotta make it at least look clean for gods sake! Im gettin the ORH top and then ill have a net as well to go under it.
post #6 of 13 Old 03-28-2010, 11:36 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKrazed View Post
Get the Safari Straps... 2" warrior full cage setup. Nothing on the market comes close.

X2... And you won't find a product with better customer service!

post #7 of 13 Old 03-28-2010, 03:04 PM
Granite Guru

mine are Jeepcargonet.com out of MT, they come in colors is the only reason I didn't get the Safari Straps. No pics of them on, just bought them this winter.

ND Jeep Girl~'07 Salvaged Silver Wrangler X 4X4 Hardtop~in the process of a slow renovation

Neoprene seat covers, Jeep cargo net, Rampage 2pc Safari top, Smittybilt XRC rear bumper w/ tire carrier
post #8 of 13 Old 03-29-2010, 01:39 AM
Granite Guru

I personally am a fan of this one. Although I am partial. Wish I could afford one of the really nice ones but with three big dogs, had to come up with something. Under $50 for everything and some time. Not pretty, but gets the job done.

2007 Sahara Unlimited. Zone 3" lift. JKS adjustable front track bar, Fox steering stabalizer, Crown kevlar brake lines, MBRP grill guard w/PIAAs. pistol grip Hurst shifter. Spiderweb sun shade. Homemade "raingler" style rear and side nets. Flowmaster Super 40. Stock 17" wheels. 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers. DVD/Nav head unit. MBRP stubby w/ mm winch. PJ stubby rear.
post #9 of 13 Old 03-29-2010, 09:11 AM
Rock God

Yours still looks leaps and bounds better than that pile of ass in the OP's picture. In fact I would probably run yours on my Silver JK if I could just figure out how they are held down on the sides...I can't tell where they are going.
post #10 of 13 Old 03-30-2010, 06:00 AM
Granite Guru

Without a doubt www.safaristraps.com are the way to go. Great quality and great customer service.
post #11 of 13 Old 03-31-2010, 05:42 AM
Granite Guru

On each side I drilled 5 small holes. I then took an L shaped bracket and secured it to the rail on the jeep. Drilled a hole in the netting where the horizontal and vertical straps meet. Right now its secured with a wing nut and bolt but Im going to try and change it to a pin or something I can take off easier.

I have to undo 8 buckles to put the top up which isnt bad considering. Their just dog collar buckels so it takes no time at all.

2007 Sahara Unlimited. Zone 3" lift. JKS adjustable front track bar, Fox steering stabalizer, Crown kevlar brake lines, MBRP grill guard w/PIAAs. pistol grip Hurst shifter. Spiderweb sun shade. Homemade "raingler" style rear and side nets. Flowmaster Super 40. Stock 17" wheels. 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers. DVD/Nav head unit. MBRP stubby w/ mm winch. PJ stubby rear.
post #12 of 13 Old 03-31-2010, 05:43 AM
Granite Guru

Oh and thanks for the compliment.

post #13 of 13 Old 03-31-2010, 01:44 PM
Rock God

Garage

cop's is way to thick imo. cant even see out of it. i mean mabey if i was strapping my house to the top my jeep, but other than that i like the safari strap.

09 4dr rubi-3" teraflex-35x12.50 km2s-17" xd addicts-kc 100 watt slimlights on kc brackets-riddlers-S.B.S. plug-orfab e-disco skid-Rugged Ridge stubby stinger-xrc-10 comp-Finishlinewest Gen 4.0!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode