2.5' TF lift + spacers - flightly ride - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 04-19-2015, 07:09 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

2.5' TF lift + spacers - flightly ride

So I just got new ball joints TRE's, drag link and RE adjustable track bar for the front. Basically front end rebuild and new 35 KM2's to replace my old 35 KM2's. I already had a TeraFlex 2.5" spring lift with shocks and 35's since new and it used to ride great....just has gotten a little sloppy and tires shot at 58k miles. I asked 4WParts if I could get away with adding a 1" TF spacer to my existing lift OR if I should just got 3" new kit with front LCA's and Rear UCA's. They said go spacer....so I let them do it.....however they cannot get the camber right......It's flighty as heck like trying to ride the edge of a razor blade with the back and forth steering. They added cam bolts without even asking me....which hopefully can be fixed. I much rather would've preferred the LCA's because I think it would fix everything. The thing drive like pure sh*t now. I'll be talking to them this week and hopefully they'll make it right. I took it right back that day and they told me it was just because the ball joints need to be broken it......Well I've had new ball joints before and that's not it at all I don't believe. Any suggestions? I may just remove the spacers and call it a day.

Thanks in advance for any helpful advice. Probably should've not gone over the original 2.5"....it's kind of a mess now.

12 JKU, AUTO

Last edited by loanwolf2005; 04-19-2015 at 07:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 04-19-2015, 07:36 PM
JKO Addict!

You answered you're own question.
Assuming you mean caster ?
get a set of adjustable LCA's, UCA's or fixed lowers.

2007 JKR | PSC Big bore box | Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor arms l SteerSmarts YETI track bar, tie rod, no drill flipped drag link, Griffin | Synergy frame brace | 37x12.5x17 Nitto RG's | Dana front DS | Fox IFP shocks | Artec front armor kit/Currie JJ's | Teraflex rear axle bracket | EVO Rockstars | Ridged D's, A pillar mounts | VKS sliders l Trek Armor seat covers | Superchips/Sprint booster | Savvy half doors w/ Bestop uppers
post #3 of 11 Old 04-19-2015, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Caster...sorry about that. Yep that's what I thought. I told them I'd do that from the start....guess they kinda went their own route. Don't know much about cam bolts....haven't read much good on them though. We'll get it straight though.

Last edited by loanwolf2005; 04-19-2015 at 08:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 04-19-2015, 08:00 PM
JKO Addict!

Cam bolts work but risk loosening. You can get the fixed length Synergy lowers for around $200
Drop brackets are another option. I would choose them over cam bolts any day.

2007 JKR | PSC Big bore box | Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor arms l SteerSmarts YETI track bar, tie rod, no drill flipped drag link, Griffin | Synergy frame brace | 37x12.5x17 Nitto RG's | Dana front DS | Fox IFP shocks | Artec front armor kit/Currie JJ's | Teraflex rear axle bracket | EVO Rockstars | Ridged D's, A pillar mounts | VKS sliders l Trek Armor seat covers | Superchips/Sprint booster | Savvy half doors w/ Bestop uppers
post #5 of 11 Old 04-19-2015, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I guess it's easy enough to take them out and fill them with weld or something and do the ARM's
post #6 of 11 Old 04-19-2015, 08:16 PM
JKO Addict!

Oh shit .. So you have them already ?
Google synergy cam bolt eliminators.

post #7 of 11 Old 04-19-2015, 08:18 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Yea man, They didn't even call me before they did it......I told them I wanted the Arms if they couldn't get it right. Yep I looked that kit up, shouldn't be too hard of a fix. I think the LCA's will square me away.
post #8 of 11 Old 04-19-2015, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Wonder if you tack those things in? Or they're held in by the slot?

Would you stay away from the adjustable LCA's? I want it dialed in too for as much highway driving as I do.
post #9 of 11 Old 04-20-2015, 12:41 AM
Granite Guru

They Synergy kit will allow you to go back to round holes so you can run standard bolts. The adjustable control arms will enable you to dial-in the Caster angle as needed. Get rid of those cam bolts if you're going off road.
post #10 of 11 Old 04-20-2015, 03:11 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loanwolf2005 View Post
Wonder if you tack those things in? Or they're held in by the slot?

Would you stay away from the adjustable LCA's? I want it dialed in too for as much highway driving as I do.

I would tack them in just for piece of mind.

post #11 of 11 Old 04-20-2015, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I gave them a chance to fix it today......they replaces the ball joints with a new set and said they rarely have that problem......kept the cam bolts in but it drive 100% better with the new replacement set. Said they get some that just don't work out sometime......night and day difference. I will eventually go to the LCA's for sure though just in case anyone else goes through the same thing. Must have been a bad set of ball joints.

They offered to take out the cam bolts too but said they'd work with me on patching the holes if I came back for the LCA's at some point.

Got them replaced with front LCA's, it's dialed in and drives great now.

Last edited by loanwolf2005; 09-12-2015 at 08:01 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode