Picture of half doors on my 4 door - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 03-27-2010, 09:32 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Picture of half doors on my 4 door

I just bought these from a forum member last week. I can't pull the hardtop off yet - my wife is too weak and I don't have the hoist up yet. I'll post pics later with the top off.

Should I have them painted to match or not? How much should that cost?
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 03-27-2010, 09:36 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Looks awesome. I say paint them. If they had that blue when I bought mine back in 07, my avatar would look a little different. Congrats on the doors.

Where is your antenna?
post #3 of 18 Old 03-27-2010, 09:44 AM
Granite Guru

Looks cool...I would almost be tempted to bedline the grill to match the doors.

Looks like you live in a nice hood...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 03-27-2010, 10:17 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

i say either panit the doors blue or do like body guy did and paint the lower half of the jeep black

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Everyone else can BLOW themselves cause im bad as FUCK!
post #5 of 18 Old 03-27-2010, 10:20 AM
Rock God

congrats man! you'll probably be the envy of half the guys on here

SOLD-08 Unlimited X, "jeep green", auto, limited slip, hushpower muffler, Aerotech Interceptor gauge,Powerstroke tranny cooler, skidrow evap skid, AFE Pro 7 filter, Teraflex leveling kit, EVO control arm skids, 15x8 Black Rock 909's, 33" KM2's
post #6 of 18 Old 03-27-2010, 10:53 AM
Granite Guru

I bet you wish you had a black jeep right now.

2012 JK Rubicon
post #7 of 18 Old 03-27-2010, 10:55 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Post up a picture with the uppers on before you take the had top off. People are asking about running a hard top with half doors all the time. I don't think I've seen a picture yet.

And paint them blue.
post #8 of 18 Old 03-27-2010, 02:20 PM
Rock God

hey looks great ! .. really dosent look bad with them black .. but i think i would paint them.. but looks good either way.. here is one the hardtop and halfdoors/uppers

Last edited by block; 03-27-2010 at 02:25 PM.
post #9 of 18 Old 03-27-2010, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I was thinking I should paint the doors. Looks like you guys agree. The day after I put these doors on I drove to work for 35 minutes through a driving rain storm with the soft uppers on the half doors. Not a single leak. The half doors and soft uppers with the hard top are a perfect match. I'm not sure why they won't sell this combo. If you build one on the website it automatically makes you take a soft top if you choose half doors.

As far as the 'hood goes, you can get a castle for a song in Athens, Alabama.

I'll post some pics with the uppers and hardtop later.

David
post #10 of 18 Old 03-27-2010, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Patrick,

I think you posted the wrong pic. I've seen one of yours with the soft uppers on somewhere.

In a classic wife moment, she sat in the driver's seat after I put the doors on and said, "I don't get it." I told her she didn't have to, but she need to get out of my jeep.

David
post #11 of 18 Old 03-27-2010, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Nevermind. I see you fixed the pic.

David
post #12 of 18 Old 03-27-2010, 02:29 PM
Rock God

haha nice ... yeah she will understand on a nice warm day when your out running around with the top off. maybe

Last edited by block; 03-27-2010 at 02:41 PM.
post #13 of 18 Old 03-27-2010, 04:56 PM
Granite Guru

I dont know guys -- I like the black on blue --- I say leave the doors as they are-looks tough

2009 JK Sahara - 35" BFG KM2s, 3" Teraflex with Bilsteins, Yukon 5.13s, AEV 17" Pintlers, AEV Front Bumper with IPF 900s, Tabor 9K Winch, OR-Fab Rear Tire & Gerry Can Carrier, Delta 150 Windshield Mounted Lights, Tuffy Rear Deck Enclosure, Tuffy Underseat Security Drawer, 48" Highlift, AEV Procal, Rugged Ridge Mirror Relocation Brackets, SpiderWeb Sun Top, HighRock 4x4 Element Doors, more to come
post #14 of 18 Old 03-27-2010, 05:12 PM
Rock God

Paint them...

"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it." -Ronald Reagan-
post #15 of 18 Old 03-27-2010, 05:31 PM
JKO Addict!

Paint the doors blue and then paint the upper part of the b pillar a flat black to match the top

The black on the bottom of mine is primer from me fixing body damage.

and it doesnt look bad with the top off

|
|

Last edited by bodyguy; 03-27-2010 at 05:45 PM.
post #16 of 18 Old 03-27-2010, 05:38 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

^^^^ I bet a bodyguy of some sort could do something with those mirror holes....^^^^^

Do you run the mirror on the windshield all the time? Looks good right there....
post #17 of 18 Old 03-27-2010, 05:47 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RonGilbert View Post
^^^^ I bet a bodyguy of some sort could do something with those mirror holes....^^^^^

Do you run the mirror on the windshield all the time? Looks good right there....
Yeah I run it on the windshield it make it easier for my short ass to see. I have covers just never put them back on and only the good Lord knows why I didnt weld them up before I painted. Oh well the whole side needs repainted now so I guess I'll do it this time.

|
|
post #18 of 18 Old 03-27-2010, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I think the black doors might look better with black wheels instead of the stock wheels. I'll get new wheels before I repaint them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode