Poly Performance is it worth the price ?????? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 03-26-2010, 10:26 PM Thread Starter

Poly Performance is it worth the price ??????

Poly Performance 3" Synergy Stage 2 Suspension Systems w/shock is $2400 is it the best is it worth it or not or is there just as good or better out there. For my 2007 jeep wrangler unlimited x 4door auto.going to get 35" on it as well????????

Parts Included
* PPM-8051 - Front Lower Control Arms (Pair)
* PPM-8052 - Rear Lower Control Arms (Pair)
* PPM-8063-XX - Front Coil Springs (Pair)
* PPM-8064-XX - Rear Coil Springs (Pair)
* PPM-8059 - JK Front Sway Bar Link Kit
* PPM-8060 - JK Rear Sway Bar Links (Pair)
* PPM-80XX - Front Bump Stop Spacers(Pair)
* PPM-80XX - Rear Bump Stop Spacers(Pair)
* PPM-8055 - Front Track Bar Bracket
* PPM-8056 - Rear Track Bar Bracket
* PPM-8001 - High Steer Drag Link Kit
* PPM-8065 - Front Brake Line Kit
* PPM-8065 - Rear Brake Line Kit
* PPM-8074 - Rear Lower Shock Mounts (Pair)

Last edited by kapptinhook; 03-26-2010 at 10:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 03-26-2010, 10:35 PM
JKO Addict!

I'm not about to look up all what is included in the kit (I'm just too lazy) but will say this. Poly makes great stuff. I have a bunch of their stuff on my rig. However, I also believe RockKrawler stuff is hard to beat price wise.

For instance, I am running RK control arms, tie rod, and track bars, but Poly track bar brackets, hi-steer drag link and springs. I'm running normal Bilstein 5100s. And just for kicks, I have Teraflex bumpstop extensions and stabilizer. lol

Polys stuff is nice because it's bolt on instead of many of RKs things being weld on. The adjustments are easier on the Poly stuff too because of their design. However, once it's adjusted correctly, you never have to touch it again so not that big of a deal. RK stuff is also all solid bar instead of tube and all I can say is they are tough. Not to mention RKs warranty. I'm not sure of Polys warranty.

Lastly, for me I like the joints on the RK arms better. I've just seen too many of the johnny joint type joints wear out in the Michigan weather here. RKs design seems more durable over the long haul, and they are based in New York so I figure they designed their stuff to last in the type of weather that they see. So far, my joints are still like new.

Support the sport. GLFWDA.org
post #3 of 14 Old 03-26-2010, 10:36 PM
JKO Addict!

Send a message via Yahoo to rob4607

If you have to ask then it's probably not the kit for you. Not trying to be a smart ass at all. Trust me in the statement of you get what you pay for. And polys kits and many others that are over the say 1500 price level are no holds bar on road and off road to the extreme. If you just want lift for bigger tires and running dirt roads and such then stay with one of the basic lifts under 1500 hell even below 700. But when you get into this price range of lift kits they are as complete as you can get and you can run anywhere you are brave enough to go and from the huge masses poly p's stuff is fucking bulletproof! If you want to do it right the first time if you can afford to then yes it's a good price.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 03-26-2010, 11:13 PM
Granite Guru

i my self am going with rubicon express lifts had a 4.5 on my xj and flexs well and a good ride plus they have a 3 in lift with shocks for under a grand. ck them out
post #5 of 14 Old 03-27-2010, 06:02 AM
Rock God

Garage

I have that lift. It's great. I'm very happy I went with Poly. Great quality. Two selling factors for me was the way they handled the geometry with the trackbar brackets and the flip kit.

I have been told since, that getting the front upper controls arms would help with dialing in the front steering. I still don't have them and it's fine, but they are on my list now. just something to think about if you have the funds now.

- Ruskin
2.5"Tera, 34"Maxxis, Front Stubby, Cobra75, Flapless Seatbelts & Grounded Floormats
post #6 of 14 Old 03-27-2010, 08:28 AM
PIG
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapptinhook View Post
Poly Performance 3" Synergy Stage 2 Suspension Systems w/shock is $2400 is it the best is it worth it or not or is there just as good or better out there. For my 2007 jeep wrangler unlimited x 4door auto.going to get 35" on it as well????????

Parts Included
* PPM-8051 - Front Lower Control Arms (Pair)
* PPM-8052 - Rear Lower Control Arms (Pair)
* PPM-8063-XX - Front Coil Springs (Pair)
* PPM-8064-XX - Rear Coil Springs (Pair)
* PPM-8059 - JK Front Sway Bar Link Kit
* PPM-8060 - JK Rear Sway Bar Links (Pair)
* PPM-80XX - Front Bump Stop Spacers(Pair)
* PPM-80XX - Rear Bump Stop Spacers(Pair)
* PPM-8055 - Front Track Bar Bracket
* PPM-8056 - Rear Track Bar Bracket
* PPM-8001 - High Steer Drag Link Kit
* PPM-8065 - Front Brake Line Kit
* PPM-8065 - Rear Brake Line Kit
* PPM-8074 - Rear Lower Shock Mounts (Pair)
It sounds like you are just trying to get a larger tire on for now and maybe build onto the kit later on down the road. If price is a concern check out the Synergy Starter System. Once you have that you can build onto it as your seriousness with wheeling changes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

USE CODE: JKO10 FOR 10% SAVINGS ON YOUR NEXT ORDER!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
//
//

//
//

post #7 of 14 Old 03-27-2010, 08:36 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

PIG, just a question. I was under the impression that if going with only 4 adj arms that you should start with front lower (to correct caster) and rear upper (to correct pinion angle). Is there a reason why the kit listed above has 4 lowers and no uppers? Not trying to bash, just trying to learn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Killing kids is a disgrace, i don't care how little they are.

post #8 of 14 Old 03-27-2010, 08:45 AM
PIG
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeperjkj View Post
PIG, just a question. I was under the impression that if going with only 4 adj arms that you should start with front lower (to correct caster) and rear upper (to correct pinion angle). Is there a reason why the kit listed above has 4 lowers and no uppers? Not trying to bash, just trying to learn.
You can kinda go about it either way. We put the Stage 2 kit together with just lowers because of the abuse of wheeling. The cost for uppers and lowers is pretty similar but we just figured guys would want new lowers before uppers. If you want to order a kit with just uppers we can do that for you.

//
//

//
//

post #9 of 14 Old 03-27-2010, 09:05 AM
Granite Guru

I actually visited PolyPerformance to have my Ultimate 44 completed. They have awesome customer service, their products have outstanding cost for value, and they research their products for real life use.

I have a RockKrawler 3.5 lift and the quality is outstanding.

I dont think you can go wrong either way. Your use and perhaps your location may be important in making your decision. Cash just may be a consideration also. As always, you get what you pay for.

2009 JK Rubicon:
post #10 of 14 Old 03-27-2010, 09:12 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIG View Post
You can kinda go about it either way. We put the Stage 2 kit together with just lowers because of the abuse of wheeling. The cost for uppers and lowers is pretty similar but we just figured guys would want new lowers before uppers. If you want to order a kit with just uppers we can do that for you.
I see what you're talking about. I'm runnin' a TF 3"/8arm lift right now, but when I got to a LA, I'm really thinkin' hard about your bolt on setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Killing kids is a disgrace, i don't care how little they are.

post #11 of 14 Old 03-27-2010, 09:18 AM
PIG
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeperjkj View Post
I see what you're talking about. I'm runnin' a TF 3"/8arm lift right now, but when I got to a LA, I'm really thinkin' hard about your bolt on setup.
Well, let me know if you want more info on our new LA Upgrade Kit.

//
//

//
//

post #12 of 14 Old 03-27-2010, 09:18 AM
PIG
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal147 View Post
I actually visited PolyPerformance to have my Ultimate 44 completed. They have awesome customer service, their products have outstanding cost for value, and they research their products for real life use.

I dont think you can go wrong either way. Your use and perhaps your location may be important in making your decision. Cash just may be a consideration also. As always, you get what you pay for.
Thanks for the kind words man, we appreciate it.

//
//

//
//

post #13 of 14 Old 03-27-2010, 10:20 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to venom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapptinhook View Post
Poly Performance is it worth the price ??????
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Wife
I might just go crazy and kill you in your sleep, instead of just planning it.
post #14 of 14 Old 03-28-2010, 07:09 AM
Granite Guru

^^^ YES ^^^ x2

2009 JK Rubicon:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode