Door Hinge Bushing Fit - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 04-18-2015, 09:52 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Door Hinge Bushing Fit

For those of you that have replaced the bushings on your door hinges, what kind of fit have you observed on the replacement bushings of various types (plastic, metal, etc.) and from different suppliers? What did you purchase and who from? Were they too loose, too tight?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 04-20-2015, 09:38 PM
Wheeler

Are you referring to the Delrin bushings? Mine fit very snug. I very gently tapped them into the hinges with a plastic mallet. They don't move at all and my doors go on and off like butter. So far, after a year, they're holding up well. As far as where I purchased them, the website doesn't appear to be in business any more, but I paid $30 for mine (2 Door). Check out this website: http://www.justjeepgear.com/TMR-Cust...ers_p_942.html

2013 COMMANDO GREEN
6-Speed, A/C, 3.73's
Support the 2nd Amendment - It's your right!
MOLON LABE

Last edited by Scott2373; 04-20-2015 at 09:45 PM.
post #3 of 10 Old 04-21-2015, 03:49 PM
JKowners Vendor

Garage

Yep I am running TMR's too.
I used a long 9mm socket to pop out the old ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott2373 View Post
Are you referring to the Delrin bushings? Mine fit very snug. I very gently tapped them into the hinges with a plastic mallet. They don't move at all and my doors go on and off like butter. So far, after a year, they're holding up well. As far as where I purchased them, the website doesn't appear to be in business any more, but I paid $30 for mine (2 Door). Check out this website: http://www.justjeepgear.com/TMR-Cust...ers_p_942.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 04-21-2015, 06:48 PM
Granite Guru

http://www.magnitude-engineering.com...&product_id=55

I just installed these. They fit perfectly. Doors open and close like new now and they come right out!

08 JKU 6.0 LC8 6L80 Atlas 2 39" KM3's on Trilogy race beadlocks, prorock 44,rcv's arb front. rock jock 60 rear 40spline shafts,arb 5.13's and a bunch of other stuff
post #5 of 10 Old 04-21-2015, 06:51 PM
Granite Guru

Just saw that you are actually the one that sells those... Lol

08 JKU 6.0 LC8 6L80 Atlas 2 39" KM3's on Trilogy race beadlocks, prorock 44,rcv's arb front. rock jock 60 rear 40spline shafts,arb 5.13's and a bunch of other stuff
post #6 of 10 Old 04-22-2015, 06:42 AM
Granite Guru

Not sure if I should ask this here or in a new thread...

What are people using to replace the rusting out stock pins? How hard is it to remove/replace the pins?

My bushings are already delaminating and are shot. the pins are rusting (thanks New York!). Might as well do both when I pull the hinges to powdercoat them.

Edit:

What are the differences between the TMR and Magnatude bushings? Why is one more expensive?

Last edited by Grimscale; 04-22-2015 at 06:44 AM.
post #7 of 10 Old 04-22-2015, 08:45 AM
JKowners Vendor

Garage

See below for more info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimscale View Post

What are people using to replace the rusting out stock pins? This Delrin bushing replaces the stock. How hard is it to remove/replace the pins? Not too hard soak them with a penetrating oil, like PB Blaster. Use the long 9mm socket to knock them out.

My bushings are already delaminating and are shot. the pins are rusting (thanks New York!). Might as well do both when I pull the hinges to powdercoat them.

Edit:

What are the differences between the TMR and Magnatude bushings? Why is one more expensive?

post #8 of 10 Old 04-22-2015, 10:11 AM
JKO Addict!

Bought TMR's Ty

2007 JKR | PSC Big bore box | Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor arms l SteerSmarts YETI track bar, tie rod, no drill flipped drag link, Griffin | Synergy frame brace | 37x12.5x17 Nitto RG's | Dana front DS | Fox IFP shocks | Artec front armor kit/Currie JJ's | Teraflex rear axle bracket | EVO Rockstars | Ridged D's, A pillar mounts | VKS sliders l Trek Armor seat covers | Superchips/Sprint booster | Savvy half doors w/ Bestop uppers
post #9 of 10 Old 04-22-2015, 10:14 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89yjon View Post
Just saw that you are actually the one that sells those... Lol

Oops lol

2007 JKR | PSC Big bore box | Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor arms l SteerSmarts YETI track bar, tie rod, no drill flipped drag link, Griffin | Synergy frame brace | 37x12.5x17 Nitto RG's | Dana front DS | Fox IFP shocks | Artec front armor kit/Currie JJ's | Teraflex rear axle bracket | EVO Rockstars | Ridged D's, A pillar mounts | VKS sliders l Trek Armor seat covers | Superchips/Sprint booster | Savvy half doors w/ Bestop uppers
post #10 of 10 Old 04-24-2015, 07:49 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimscale View Post

What are people using to replace the rusting out stock pins? How hard is it to remove/replace the pins?

Edit:

I'm a Rochester native as well, so I used Never Seize on the hinges from day one of owning the Jeep. As far as cost of the bushings, that's all it is. Delrin is Delrin, so follow the link I posted above for TMR and they're only $30. Same as Rancho, I used a 9mm deep socket to remove the old bushings. I used a good heavy maul and with two whacks they were out. Just be sure to protect the door in case you slip with the BFH!

2013 COMMANDO GREEN
6-Speed, A/C, 3.73's
Support the 2nd Amendment - It's your right!
MOLON LABE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode