TJ springs on a JK? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 04-17-2015, 12:54 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

TJ springs on a JK?

I am about to pull the trigger on a lift for teh JK (2008 unlimited), however just came across some posts on other forums about using JK springs (stock) to lift a TJ..... interesting, similar fit and a possible free lift if you have the JK parts laying around for your TJ

I have some new TJ Rubicon Express lift springs at home, so am curious about trying them up and see if they woudl actually work. Anyone has any info before I go in that path? I believe my TJ lift springs are either 5" or 7" new from a long arm kit from my TJ. I ended up never using the springs and they are just sitting on the shelf...

quoting an old post here "Also I know that poly performance / synergy suspension lists there TJ/JK front lift springs with the same part number for a 3" lift. ...PPM-8063-20." and directly from Poly's site: http://www.polyperformance.com/Syner...ngs?multi=2039

Thanks!

Gui

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by geberhard; 04-17-2015 at 12:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-17-2015, 12:59 PM
Granite Guru

Fronts work rear don't. It will be less than advertised lift IIRC.
post #3 of 6 Old 04-17-2015, 12:59 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

So yep answering my own question looks like the TJ springs (at least fronts) shoudl work on a JK, and will be close to 1 less inch of lift on a JK compared to a TJ - I am not considering spring rating etc, just part numbers:

8063-20 Jeep TJ/LJ 2.0" Front Lift Springs
8063-20 2-Door Jeep JK 3.0" Front Lift Springs

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 04-17-2015, 10:14 PM
Wheeler

Garage

Yeah, that's all right. Honestly I wouldn't go there, your springs will be more compressed than they were designed, leaving you with a squishy ride and a lack of options when you add bumpers, armor, ect.

Pete from JKS Manufacturing
post #5 of 6 Old 04-18-2015, 08:17 AM
JKO Addict!

Coil rates would be all out of whack as the JK is much heavier then the TJ.
I would expect them to be super soft and compress too easy over rough surfaces.

Some build info here:

[COLOR="Red"]New to jeeps, check this link
post #6 of 6 Old 05-04-2015, 08:00 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

guys thanks for the info, yep biting the bullet and going with a full kit. thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode