Starting my build... - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 04-14-2015, 07:59 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage
Starting my build...

Well i have read, and studied the site and all the info you guys have put out for everyone. I finally decided on my lift, just ordered this from Northridge:http://www.northridge4x4.com/suspens...cks-jk35fs-kit

My jeep is a 2014 JKU Sport-S 6 speed manual, if you guys have any advice or know of any thing else i will need please let me know. For example, im pretty sure i need the exhaust extensions? From what i understand my drive shafts should be ok?

Wheels are already purchased: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=A4Z4J7HCQ5UTQ

Cant decide on tires yet but leaning toward MT/Rs. 35s. Man! 5 wheels and tires are expensive as [email protected]!!! Lol

Im not a hard core wheeler, but do play around on the weekends. Hunting, fishing, goofing off. May be a little over kill but im a firm believer in installing parts that are as good (but preferable better than stock).

Thanks for your input!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-14-2015, 08:09 AM
Wheeler

Good choice of lift! Look forward to pics.

Driveshafts will go sooner at 3.5 than at 0 - but when that day comes is anyone's guess. Typically you get a little warning tho with vibrations, a torn boot or grease on the underside. You will need an exhaust crossover. Make sure to get a programmer for the bigger tires.

What gearing do you have? If 3.21 you will dislike life on 35s. Even if 3.73, look into regearing. Most folks run 4.56 or 4.88.

2014 JKR "Bob" - RK X Factor 2.5, Nitto Trail Grapplers 37x12.5x17, Auto, 5.13, Rock Hard Skids, PS HD Cross member, Artec Axle Armor F&R, Artec Rear LCA Mounts/Skids, Synergy Rear Axle Side Weld on TB Bracket, PSC Hydroassist
post #3 of 4 Old 04-14-2015, 08:33 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage

Yeah i got the crappy 3.21s but i knew they would be swapped out any way. I got pretty lucky, bought it used and it had every option i wanted except for the gears. I havent decided on a brand of gear yet, ECGS looked to have very good pricing. Im just a big kid though, put the cart before the horse. Big tires first then gears! Lol its not my DD so the gears will come in a few weeks.

Exhaust crossover?

With the D30 are 37s completely out of the question without building it up or replacing. Again im not beating it off the rocks.

Also is there any concern of sagging with a front bumper and winch. Obviously its a good bit of weight, didnt know with the RK coils. I dont like any rake on a jeep.

Last edited by Heisenberg; 04-14-2015 at 08:37 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 04-14-2015, 09:52 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage

This is what i need exhaust wise?
http://www.4wd.com/Jeep-Engine-Perfo...FUlo7AodnDoADg

Also what programmer do you guys recommend?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode