anyone running the AEV lift kit - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 03-25-2010, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

anyone running the AEV lift kit

What do you guys think of the AEV / Nth Degree 3.5" Premium Suspension System with Bilstein Shocks kit. It comes with allot of the components including a procal. for 1599 at quadratec. A buddy is looking at this kit and the only thing I can see is no solution for the camber that will be out of wack after lifting it 3.5".

Thoughts?

jk-forum, jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler, jk-forum.com, jeepforum, jk-board.com, wayoflife, 2007 jk, 2008 jk, 2009 jk, 2010 jk, jk, jk wrangler
Quote:
Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.[/SIZE][/B]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 03-25-2010, 05:24 PM
Rock God

They come with cam bolts to adjust the caster. If you're not into those, throw in some adjustable control arms and call it good. I really like the ride on mine by the way and I have yet to install the high steer kit.

BEER Helping me do stupid things to my JK since 2007!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 Old 03-25-2010, 05:37 PM
Wheeler

Like Seer stated cam bolts, if that is a concern (wasn't for me) adj ca's. I have the 4.5 with high steer kit on an unlimited and I love it.

My opinion is it's a good balance between street and off road, probably doesn't have the flex that some of the other kit's have, enough for my tastes and it has very good road manners which is important to me since it's daily driver.

My thought is you can't go wrong with RK, Teraflex, AEV..... Were I to build another jeep it would be one of those three......

--------------------------------------------------------------
"Members of Congress should be compelled to wear uniforms just like NASCAR drivers, so we could identify their corporate sponsors." ~ Chris Offut
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 03-25-2010, 05:37 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by seer View Post
They come with cam bolts to adjust the caster. If you're not into those, throw in some adjustable control arms and call it good. I really like the ride on mine by the way and I have yet to install the high steer kit.
A set of control arms is the only thing I would have done differently. Still can't get the cam bolt noise fixed.....besides that the lift is great.

'08 Stone White Rubi Unlimited, 3.5 AEV Premium, BFG KM2 35's on Pintler Argents, AEV Front and Rear with Tire Carrier, Warn 9.5ti, Shrockworks Rails, Airaid CAI, Cooltech Muffler Relo, Iggee's, Dirty Dog 4x4 Mesh Tops and Grab Handles, Dirt Bags & M-Pac Storage Solutions.
post #5 of 13 Old 03-25-2010, 05:40 PM
JKO Addict!

HEY KOOLAID!

everyone that runs em loves em....

2015 JKU Sport Virgin
post #6 of 13 Old 03-25-2010, 05:46 PM
Wheeler

Don't mind Green he is just unhappy he hasn't figured out the whole water and powder thing......

--------------------------------------------------------------
"Members of Congress should be compelled to wear uniforms just like NASCAR drivers, so we could identify their corporate sponsors." ~ Chris Offut
post #7 of 13 Old 03-25-2010, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

You guys hit the main issue that I found, Cam bolts. I've already told him he at least needs to do the lower control arms instead and skip the whole cam bolt thing. He does plan on wheeling it much but then again he's just getting the bug and originally was telling me he was getting a BB kit. He's getting 35s and 2.5" is enough but now he's thinking bigger.

jk-forum, jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler, jk-forum.com, jeepforum, jk-board.com, wayoflife, 2007 jk, 2008 jk, 2009 jk, 2010 jk, jk, jk wrangler
Quote:
Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.[/SIZE][/B]
post #8 of 13 Old 03-25-2010, 05:54 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenAmphibious View Post
HEY KOOLAID!

everyone that runs em loves em....
Hahahaha What took ya so long?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 13 Old 03-25-2010, 05:57 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMJK View Post
Don't mind Green he is just unhappy he hasn't figured out the whole water and powder thing......

2015 JKU Sport Virgin
post #10 of 13 Old 03-26-2010, 03:51 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by NE Wrangling View Post
You guys hit the main issue that I found, Cam bolts. I've already told him he at least needs to do the lower control arms instead and skip the whole cam bolt thing. He does plan on wheeling it much but then again he's just getting the bug and originally was telling me he was getting a BB kit. He's getting 35s and 2.5" is enough but now he's thinking bigger.
The 2.5" should be enough to clear 35's. If he wants to go bigger tire wise, he can always add some flat fenders like the xenons of bushwackers and have enough room, and probably come out ahead price wise.

SOLD-08 Unlimited X, "jeep green", auto, limited slip, hushpower muffler, Aerotech Interceptor gauge,Powerstroke tranny cooler, skidrow evap skid, AFE Pro 7 filter, Teraflex leveling kit, EVO control arm skids, 15x8 Black Rock 909's, 33" KM2's
post #11 of 13 Old 03-26-2010, 04:25 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Damn it Green, how many times we have to tell you, you can't simply snort the powder and drink the water.....its doesn't work that way!.....

I've always liked AEV/nth degree's stuff, but all the above posts are about dead on....I say go for it then sub in the cams with Teraflex CA's...

/

Last edited by Loki646; 03-26-2010 at 04:57 AM.
post #12 of 13 Old 03-26-2010, 04:51 AM
Rock God

I'd say take a long look at Poly Performances CA's. They have some neat features.

post #13 of 13 Old 03-27-2010, 08:34 AM
PIG
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seer View Post
I'd say take a long look at Poly Performances CA's. They have some neat features.
If you are looking at our stuff check out the Synergy Stage 1.5 System. Its basically the same kit (components wise) as the AEV kit and comes out to be $50 less. If you want adjustable arms instead of the cam bolts then look at the Synergy Stage 2 System or the 1.5 kit without cams but with adjustable lowers. Thats the nice thing about our kits; you can build your own system any way you want it.

USE CODE: JKO10 FOR 10% SAVINGS ON YOUR NEXT ORDER!!!

//
//

//
//

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode