Evomfg plush ride coils - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 04-11-2015, 07:35 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Question Evomfg plush ride coils

Hey everyone! I have a set of the 4inch pluch ride coils from evomfg. For weight I have the orfab stinger bumper with a warn Vr10 winch and or fab rear standard bumper. I went ahead and ordered 1inch front coil spacers because of the weight up front. What I'm wondering is, do I need to add the spacers to the front coils or will my jk be level without them?. I hate the rake that's in it now on the rc coils. I don't carry or load my jk with weighted items so rear sag won't be an issue. Any help would be great! If anyone has pics of their 4 Dr jk running evo coils, post pic, I would like to see how your Jeep is sitting

08 JKUS, Rubi T-Case, EVO MFG 4" PR Coils, Synergy high steer, Synergy tie rod, OR-Fab Bumpers, Bilstien shocks, AEV Saverges, Warn VR10, Trucklite LEDs NLJO FOUNDER
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-11-2015, 07:53 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Evomfg plush ride coils

Only way to know for sure, since every jeep is different is to pop the springs in and see. If it's level, good to go. If not, pull the front springs and put the spacer in. Super easy

RC coils sag like a 75 year old set of titties(man or women, no gender bias), your EVO's should be much better.

TC
Crawling For Reid March 23, 2019 Adventure OffRoad Park

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by TCdawg; 04-11-2015 at 04:46 PM.
post #3 of 7 Old 04-11-2015, 08:00 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCdawg View Post
Only way to know for sure, since every jeep is different is to pop the springs in and see. If it's level, good to go. If not, pull the front springs and put the spacer in. Super easy

RC could sag like a 75 year old set of titties(man or women, no gender bias), your EVO's should be much better.
yea just the image I want in my already unstable mind first thing in the morning lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 04-11-2015, 08:09 AM
Wheeler

Are you running stock control arms and drive shafts? most of the time a 4in lift needs more then just the coils...?
post #5 of 7 Old 04-11-2015, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCdawg View Post

RC could sag like a 75 year old set of titties(man or women, no gender bias), your EVO's should be much better.
The 4 inch rc coils when I added bumpers and a winch it sagged a good 1.5 inches in the front and 1inch in the rear they ride like sh!++ on and off road but flexes nicely I'd recommend the kit to Anyone that plans to have it all swapped out for better quality within the first 2 years. That's my route.

08 JKUS, Rubi T-Case, EVO MFG 4" PR Coils, Synergy high steer, Synergy tie rod, OR-Fab Bumpers, Bilstien shocks, AEV Saverges, Warn VR10, Trucklite LEDs NLJO FOUNDER
post #6 of 7 Old 04-11-2015, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRDJK View Post
Are you running stock control arms and drive shafts? most of the time a 4in lift needs more then just the coils...?
Still running stock drive lines and control arms. Swaybar stays connected offroad and the stock ds and ca's are getting swapped out soon.

post #7 of 7 Old 04-13-2015, 02:30 PM
Granite Guru

Lift kits tend to generate more lift than advertised but they do it on both ends. Some don't even eliminate all of the rake and it's rare for them to create negative rake unless your light in the front and have a 110 lb spare + tire carrier. The only way to provide for a plush ride on a coil is to have a lower initial spring rate. This will lead to sag.

Weight is going to make any coil compress. You might as well add the spacer while you have anything disassembled.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode