ball joints...good or bad on this video? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 04-10-2015, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

ball joints...good or bad on this video?

Just got my passenger knuckle off. Upper is solid...lower wobbles a lot IMO. What say yall? I am barely touching that lower ball joint BTW. Please tell me it is toast and I might have just found my death wobble.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...l%20joints.mp4

2014 JKUR, 3.5" X Factor RK lift, 40" Nitto Trail Grappler's, RIPP supercharger and UD60s.

Last edited by stretch79; 04-10-2015 at 05:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-11-2015, 11:03 AM
Granite Guru

Bad. When I pulled my OEM ball joints I could ring them like a bell. You've gone this far trying to diagnose the DW, I wouldn't overlook these.
Look at Synergy's, Poly's, the new Rare Parts look pretty sweet, and of course Dynatrac's if you have the coin. I put in the Teraflex adjustables about 2000 miles ago, Jeep's in the shop now getting new axles and will look to see how they are wearing. Good luck, hope this solves it.
post #3 of 5 Old 04-11-2015, 11:48 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

The rare parts have been on my work bench for a week now...was just curious what everyone thought. I assumed they were bad but just thought I'd ask. Theyre in the trash can now.

2014 JKUR, 3.5" X Factor RK lift, 40" Nitto Trail Grappler's, RIPP supercharger and UD60s.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 04-11-2015, 04:17 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch79 View Post
The rare parts have been on my work bench for a week now...was just curious what everyone thought. I assumed they were bad but just thought I'd ask. Theyre in the trash can now.
I might be misunderstanding... the original BJs are bad and NOT the Rare Parts BJs...??? just sayin...

Anyway, for the OEM BJs, the weight is carried mostly on the bottom, so if your bottom is as bad as you are describing, then yes.

The nice part (in theory) of the new Rare Parts BJs, is that you can offset some of the weight burden to the top BJ.

I just received my new Rare Part BJs yesterday, but am also waiting for new u-joints and axle tube seals before I change mine out.

2010 Red Unlimited Rubicon 6 speed - Traded!

2014 Red Unlimited Rubicon X 6 speed - starting over!

Last edited by membrain; 04-11-2015 at 04:30 PM.
post #5 of 5 Old 04-11-2015, 04:38 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Sorry for the confusion. I am currently removing the OEM ball joints which is what is flopping around in the video. I have a brand new set of RARE PARTS ball joints that are going in. I just got done welding the gussets in place and am about to start putting my RK arms back in. Then I'll prolly call it a night and install the rare parts BJ's tomorrow.

What part of DFW are you in?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode