Recognize This Jeep? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 04-07-2015, 05:46 AM Thread Starter
Cod
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via MSN to Cod
Recognize This Jeep?

I think this is RPMExtreme's Jeep they did but can't find it on site or social media. I have a buddy who's looking at this and just wanted to check and see if anybody knew who's it was.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...45415902&Log=0

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
We liked you better when we didn't know you. If you just fucked off we could go back to not giving a shit about you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 04-07-2015, 06:24 AM
JKO Addict!

Quick search didn't find any RPMExtreme jeeps in that color.

Edit: Looks like it was in Chicago at some point in its life. VIN matches on both sites:
http://inventory.chicagomotorcars.co...inois/1579977/

AMP

AMP

'07 JKUR, Steel Blue, Spun Main Bearing Mod @ 46k miles
My new engine is a four letter word ..............
post #3 of 13 Old 04-07-2015, 07:34 AM Thread Starter
Cod
JKO Addict!

Garage

Wonder who took the time to change out Hard Top and Fenders......

Weird, don't know to keep investigating or run like hell from it....

Quote:
We liked you better when we didn't know you. If you just fucked off we could go back to not giving a shit about you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 04-07-2015, 01:18 PM
JKO Addict!

Good eye. I didn't notice the change of hard-top and fenders from color matched to black.
It was for sale on e-beh back in August. Looks like it didn't sell back then.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-JEEP-WR...-/181499783280

Is that a reservoir for hydro-assist steering? I can't find any good pix of the front end to tell if it has it or not.

Looks like a decent build, just has been on pavement for its whole life. Somebody needs to rescue this thing and get some mud on the tires.

AMP

AMP

'07 JKUR, Steel Blue, Spun Main Bearing Mod @ 46k miles
My new engine is a four letter word ..............
post #5 of 13 Old 04-07-2015, 01:36 PM
Granite Guru

It won't sell for that much money. The GM LS3 V8 is a strong engine but you can get pretty close to the same with a 3.6L and a supercharger for a lot less money. Plus you get to keep your manual transmission.

That's a lot of money. personally I'm looking forward to when my Wrangler is paid for so I take more risks off road. I have fun.. but I haven't done a lot of rock crawling. The hardest trails I've been on are washed out fire roads so far. By washed out I mean sinkholes that are deep enough to bury a volkswagen.
post #6 of 13 Old 04-07-2015, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
Cod
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryn View Post
It won't sell for that much money. The GM LS3 V8 is a strong engine but you can get pretty close to the same with a 3.6L and a supercharger for a lot less money. Plus you get to keep your manual transmission.

That's a lot of money. personally I'm looking forward to when my Wrangler is paid for so I take more risks off road. I have fun.. but I haven't done a lot of rock crawling. The hardest trails I've been on are washed out fire roads so far. By washed out I mean sinkholes that are deep enough to bury a volkswagen.
You so silly ..... sorry no way in hell a Supercharged 3.6 would even keep up with a 6.2 LS..... Didn't have the 3.6 but had the 3.8 Supercharged and now have the 6.2 no comparison whatsoever....

Quote:
post #7 of 13 Old 04-07-2015, 03:14 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod View Post
You so silly ..... sorry no way in hell a Supercharged 3.6 would even keep up with a 6.2 LS..... Didn't have the 3.6 but had the 3.8 Supercharged and now have the 6.2 no comparison whatsoever....
Just playing a little devil's advocate here but the a stock LS3 is rated at 400 hp (Yes there are different cams that get you into the 480 range). 3.6 is rated at 280. You only need a 42% bump to get the same numbers which is more than reasonable with a good SC kit.

Other factors to consider obviously like transmission and power band but point is, same power levels are theoretically obtainable...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 13 Old 04-07-2015, 05:12 PM Thread Starter
Cod
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALASHA View Post
Just playing a little devil's advocate here but the a stock LS3 is rated at 400 hp (Yes there are different cams that get you into the 480 range). 3.6 is rated at 280. You only need a 42% bump to get the same numbers which is more than reasonable with a good SC kit.

Other factors to consider obviously like transmission and power band but point is, same power levels are theoretically obtainable...

I understand completely and I'm sure you've driven an LS / Hemi powered jeep so...... I did the SC hoping it would suffice and it did as claimed but it just wasn't enough.

But..... Have you seen this jeep in your travels? I'm curious as to who's kit it is and who did it, it seems like ive seen it I a YouTube vid but can't find it

Quote:
post #9 of 13 Old 04-08-2015, 05:08 AM Thread Starter
Cod
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixty5vdub View Post
Good eye. I didn't notice the change of hard-top and fenders from color matched to black.
It was for sale on e-beh back in August. Looks like it didn't sell back then.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-JEEP-WR...-/181499783280

Is that a reservoir for hydro-assist steering? I can't find any good pix of the front end to tell if it has it or not.

Looks like a decent build, just has been on pavement for its whole life. Somebody needs to rescue this thing and get some mud on the tires.

AMP
I believe what you're referring to is the Radiator overflow cannister.

And i agree it looks like a good build i'm just curious as who did it etc....

Thanks for the help!

Quote:
post #10 of 13 Old 04-08-2015, 06:26 AM Thread Starter
Cod
JKO Addict!

Garage

And it's sold.......... no not to my friend just got word back from the now previous owner

Quote:
post #11 of 13 Old 04-08-2015, 07:03 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod View Post
I understand completely and I'm sure you've driven an LS / Hemi powered jeep so......
Actually I am itching for a ride in a 6.2 LS but I dont think there is anyone close to me

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #12 of 13 Old 04-08-2015, 07:41 AM Thread Starter
Cod
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALASHA View Post
Actually I am itching for a ride in a 6.2 LS but I dont think there is anyone close to me
I know what mine does on 37's NOW compared to what the SC did on 35's Then...... no where even close to the comparison... same gears etc..

I would hate to see a 6.2 on 33's (as some have said they are doing in various LS threads) it would be a beast... or any large displacement V8 for that matter

Quote:
post #13 of 13 Old 04-08-2015, 08:18 AM
Granite Guru

Cod,

When I had the stock tires on my 6.4 L for only a day, it was a kick. Even here in the altitude it would haze the tires easily just pulling out from an intersection. I felt like leaving them on for a while. I'm careful not to really lay into it with 35" tires. Someday when I get the cash to put a 60 in it I will though.

2014 JKU, red, 2.5" AEV lift,6.4L VVT, 35" Duratrac's. 4.10, Gen Right bumpers, VR 8000 winch, Pro Rock 44.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode