Got dirty today! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 07-12-2008, 06:22 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Got dirty today!

Probably nothing exciting to you guys, but I had fun finally getting my new jeep muddy. Gf was at a bridal shower, so I took her little 4 year old boy (I think of him as my own though) out to Hawk Mountain, out at Fort Indian Town Gap for those of you familiar with the area. I moved his booster seat up front so he could ride with me and he had a blast. We were just blasting through mud puddles, nothing exciting, but he loved it. We saw a bunch of deer on the way up through, some wild rabbits, and even a hawk (go figure) Sorry I didn't get any pics though, I didn't think to grab the camera before we left. I'll say one thing though, Jeeps were ment to be muddy! Theres just something about the look of a jeep covered in mud, especially when its painted Jeep Green! The little guy already wants to take the doors off and go through deeper mud next time. I told him you'll get full of mud though, he said thats ok, he'll just were his greasy cloths he wears to help his "Pap" and I out, out in the shop. He thinks were gonna need bigger tires to climb on the rocks though (I only have the lowly, little 225's). He can't wait to go on our next "Adventure." I gotta tell you guys, this is why I got a jeep again, just for experiences like today. Top down, doors off, wind in your hair, and your favorite little man, or woman sitting next to you. And dirt, lots of dirt

SOLD-08 Unlimited X, "jeep green", auto, limited slip, hushpower muffler, Aerotech Interceptor gauge,Powerstroke tranny cooler, skidrow evap skid, AFE Pro 7 filter, Teraflex leveling kit, EVO control arm skids, 15x8 Black Rock 909's, 33" KM2's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 02-22-2012, 07:33 AM
Granite Guru

Yep we will need to watch this one...check the forum Saturday morning or Friday evening before heading out.....

sent from the mall parking lot while Coating my tires with Armor All...
post #3 of 9 Old 02-22-2012, 07:50 AM
Granite Guru

We're you at Second Mountain Hawk Watch at the gap or did you head to Hawk Mountain up near Pottsvile. I am right up the road from the Gap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 02-22-2012, 07:54 AM
Rock God

Thats awesome and those memories will be with both of you for a long time. Great way to pass time while "babysitting"

Courtesy of Hit - "You should only fuck the fuckable.. to fuck the unfuckable or to un-fuck the fuckable is like crossing streams in Ghost Busters"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 9 Old 02-22-2012, 11:23 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

Very cool

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 9 Old 02-22-2012, 11:46 PM
Banned

Not one pic?

FAIL

J/K sounds a helluva lot better than my day.

post #7 of 9 Old 02-23-2012, 12:30 AM
ADDICTION II build begins....

Very cool!

I haven't been to FITG since I was a little kid and they still housed the Cuban Refugees there. We lived in one of the trailers across from the Refugee camp with the Military Police guard tower right next to the trailer! Use to stand out in the yard throwing the football back and forth across the street with the refugees!

U.S. Army
post #8 of 9 Old 02-23-2012, 02:39 AM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via MSN to b1pig

holy post resurection!

'19 Ram 1500, '01 BMW R1100RT, '99 Fat Boy
needed: ̶b̶o̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ plane
post #9 of 9 Old 02-23-2012, 04:20 AM
DaK
Rock God

Something about offroading in a Jeep that turns all into little boys and girls again. From that write up seems you both were amp'ed up over the "run".

Something the little one will remember for a long time.

Don't take the doors off and go muddin... cleaning the interior sucks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode