My JK is going CRAZY?!?! HELP!!! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 03-22-2010, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

My JK is going CRAZY?!?! HELP!!!

so my jeep is an 07 and i have had no problems out of it...until now. Note that the jeep is stock. I parked it and went into the gym and everything on it was perfectly fine, come back out start it up and my esp, abs and esp/bas lights are all on and wnt go off. Esp stays on even after turning it off and the accelerator has tendencies to just randomly not work. Is this something my warranty would cover? And what is it?! Need help BAD. Much thanks in advance

I have changed the battery to no avail, cant find any corroded/split/or missing wires.
Have done NO MODS and NO OFFROADING.
Does seem like it's getting slightly a bad connection in the fuse box under the hood.
Any help here?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 03-22-2010, 02:25 PM
Granite Guru

Could be related to a bad throttle body ? ECU? ... Gremlins!
post #3 of 21 Old 03-22-2010, 02:30 PM
Granite Guru

Check for thrown codes and go from there.

Turn the key from off to on (one click before start). Turn the key back one click (accessory) and back to on and back to accessory and back to on. The odometer should go to all dashes if you do this correctly. After that, any trouble codes will be displayed followed by the word "done" when everything has been displayed.

There may or may not be thrown codes, but if there are, it'll give you an idea what might be wrong or where to start.

Best of luck

-Randy

2007 JKU (ex)Rubicon w/bolt-ons: LS3 / 6L80E • Synergy Long Arm 4.5" Lift • 40"s • Dana 60s • PSC Hydro • etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 Old 03-22-2010, 02:57 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Yea I did the whole fault codes thing, and it came back with nothing to show for it. Im thinking its something that the warranty would cover (its still under warranty luckily). Does this sound about right?
post #5 of 21 Old 03-22-2010, 03:01 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to sniper41

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayers316 View Post
Yea I did the whole fault codes thing, and it came back with nothing to show for it. Im thinking its something that the warranty would cover (its still under warranty luckily). Does this sound about right?
If you're under warranty then yeah, I'd say take it in and let the warranty work for you!

Doug 08 4dr X 6 spd Det Yellow
You are a load that should have been swallowed, but someone as bitter as you are probably would have been spat out. Ahh Dancin Dan
Jersey
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Crew
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 21 Old 03-22-2010, 03:02 PM
Rock God

Quote:
If you can get the computer crap done under warranty do it. Don't bother with the head ache

"Dude, did you see that Green Jeep out in the parking lot?"

"Yeah, its' mine..."
post #7 of 21 Old 03-22-2010, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

my only problem there is im pretty seriously strapped for cash and if they take it and find out its say a bad alternator or a bad battery, then im out $85 PLUS having to take it home, buy the parts and then put them in myself
post #8 of 21 Old 03-22-2010, 08:50 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
my only problem there is im pretty seriously strapped for cash and if they take it and find out its say a bad alternator or a bad battery, then im out $85 PLUS having to take it home, buy the parts and then put them in myself
This certainly doesn't sound like a battery or charging problem.
post #9 of 21 Old 03-22-2010, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgalway View Post
This certainly doesn't sound like a battery or charging problem.
yea thats what I was thinking but when I took the jeep to Autozone it tested for a bad battery, would this problem cause the bad battery test?
post #10 of 21 Old 03-22-2010, 08:52 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
If you installed a new battery and you're still experiencing these problems, then it's clearly something that would be repaired under warranty. If the alternator is your problem then it should be covered under warranty (verify in your service literature).

Autozone or another local parts store can test and recharge your battery free of charge in order to rule that out before taking a trip to the dealer.

2008 2 Door Rubicon
4" Zone Lift
15x10 Ion 138
35x13.50R15 Toyo Open Country MT
A bunch of other stuff done and yet to do
post #11 of 21 Old 03-22-2010, 08:53 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Bad clock spring.

Why wouldn't they cover it?

How many miles are on it?

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #12 of 21 Old 03-22-2010, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Bad clock spring.

Why wouldn't they cover it?

How many miles are on it?
its still under warranty, it only has 17k miles on it, but I had the lady at the service center tell me "yea, I have had problems alot with mice crawling up and chewing wires"
post #13 of 21 Old 03-22-2010, 09:20 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
its still under warranty, it only has 17k miles on it, but I had the lady at the service center tell me "yea, I have had problems alot with mice crawling up and chewing wires"
I think it's a more likely scenario that it is a clock-spring or bad ECU, etc...than mice. Regardless- that's enough glitching to justify taking it in. "Mice" seems like a cop-out answer, unless your town is infested with the little bastards.

Hope you get it resolved.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #14 of 21 Old 03-23-2010, 05:32 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think it's a more likely scenario that it is a clock-spring or bad ECU, etc...than mice. Regardless- that's enough glitching to justify taking it in. "Mice" seems like a cop-out answer, unless your town is infested with the little bastards.

Hope you get it resolved.
Yea thats my thoughts on it, it was also why I decided to leave the dealer at the time and go exhaust EVERY option I could, hell obviously I knew what she would be telling me was the problem
post #15 of 21 Old 03-23-2010, 06:05 AM
JKowners Vendor

Send a message via AIM to njjeepthing Send a message via Yahoo to njjeepthing

When I read the first post I thought maybe you were on the wrong forum, was going to tell you this is a Jeep forum not a TOYOTA forum.

FOR RENT
post #16 of 21 Old 03-23-2010, 01:33 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

scheduled the appointment, going thursday to Jeep to see what the deal is.
post #17 of 21 Old 03-23-2010, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
scheduled the appointment, going thursday to Jeep to see what the deal is.
Be sure to keep us posted. I am really interested to see what they find. Good luck.

post #18 of 21 Old 03-23-2010, 03:40 PM
Granite Guru

Mine is doing the same thing exactly. Dealership diagnosed it as a bad abs sensor. Parts and labour is $500. I am getting new axles after an 8 month tour to Afghanistan instead. Lol.
Not a hard job to do yourself though.

"And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?"
post #19 of 21 Old 03-23-2010, 08:49 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
I highly doubt it is the cause of your problem, but I will say that in our area I have known multiple people with cars parked outside having serious damage done by pack rats. First time I heard about it I thought it was BS, but I now know multiple people who have experienced it.
post #20 of 21 Old 03-24-2010, 06:28 AM
Wheeler

mice

I jsut took mine back to the dealership for a different problem and they told me the same thing. "This problem should be covered under warranty, unless you have a pack of mice in there eating wires."
Stupid dealership
post #21 of 21 Old 03-26-2010, 12:19 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

true, not hard to do yourself, but why bother with the time and money when its free under warranty? lol

OK the jeep went in yesterday (thursday) and the dealer said it was bringing up multiple codes (I took it in with the original problem from this thread, plus the towbar recall and the gas tank overflow problem, even though they "had never heard of this problem"). Anywhoo they had to order parts for it so it could be monday before its out (however it IS all covered under warranty). So when I get the work order and whatnot I can update everyone, im not sure what (if anything) they did about the gas tank though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode