What is your favorite company for Mods and why? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 03-31-2015, 12:42 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

What is your favorite company for Mods and why?

I'm a new Jeep owner and all the different companies providing parts and mods can be very overwhelming. Extreme Terrain seems to be the most affordable, but I can only go off reviews. I am sure all you Jeepers have tried different brands and companies and have feedback for why you would or would not buy those mods again. What are your thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 03-31-2015, 06:28 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Start looking around in the different sections and see what people are running. Or you can find what you like and post up to see if anyone is running that part. There are so many companies out there that lists for just one jeep can be very long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #3 of 20 Old 03-31-2015, 06:49 AM
Wheeler

And different companies are better at different things. I love my Rough Country differential sliders for example - but you could not pay me to put a Rough Country spring lift on my rig. So it all depends.

2014 JKR "Bob" - RK X Factor 2.5, Nitto Trail Grapplers 37x12.5x17, Auto, 5.13, Rock Hard Skids, PS HD Cross member, Artec Axle Armor F&R, Artec Rear LCA Mounts/Skids, Synergy Rear Axle Side Weld on TB Bracket, PSC Hydroassist
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 Old 03-31-2015, 07:54 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Are you looking for specific brands or vendors who rep a number of brands and products?

the latter...

try River City Offroad or Krawl Offroad. These guys are on the forum, you can call and talk to them, they wheel, and they will not dick you over. They rep lots of high quality brands.

TC
Crawling For Reid March 23, 2019 Adventure OffRoad Park

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 20 Old 03-31-2015, 09:49 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy08 View Post
I'm a new Jeep owner and all the different companies providing parts and mods can be very overwhelming. Extreme Terrain seems to be the most affordable, but I can only go off reviews. I am sure all you Jeepers have tried different brands and companies and have feedback for why you would or would not buy those mods again. What are your thoughts?
I have the Extreme Terrain Barricade front bumper, Barricade sliders and the Raxiom lights. I would like to point out all are quality parts and super easy to install. That is the reason I picked them for the ease of install and price. So it all depends on what you are looking for.

Tammy
post #6 of 20 Old 03-31-2015, 10:21 AM
Rock God

Ive fabbed most of my own but if I were to buy them from a vendor I really like the looks of EVO, Poison Spyder, Genright and LOD gear. Sorry I dont have nor know anyone who has extreme terrains stuff yet.
post #7 of 20 Old 03-31-2015, 12:47 PM
Granite Guru

I've had great experiences with EVO, Poly Performance and JCR, and have heard great things about Krawl Offroad. It just depends on what you want to do with your rig.
post #8 of 20 Old 03-31-2015, 02:30 PM
Wheeler

Im a bit of an ARB fan boy, they make quality things. Do your research on the part your looking for. Ask if you cant find answers and then buy what YOU like. Its your jeep if you want to dress it out in chrome and low pros go for it.

The thing that works 95% of the time is you get what you pay for. The other 5% is where the research part helps.

2010 Surf Blue 2 door Islander
Front and rear ARB bumpers
post #9 of 20 Old 03-31-2015, 03:03 PM
Rock God

as far as a place to order from. I have been ordering from 4WD.com for years. I've had nothing but fantastic service from them they are on the site as well I believe. ordered wheels, bumpers, winch etc

like everyone said research your parts that you want than find the best deal on them.
post #10 of 20 Old 03-31-2015, 03:44 PM
JKO Addict!

All good advice. Best words of wisdom, you really do get what you pay for. There are companies in this business that try to wet their beaks in all areas of the JK mod realm, then others that focus on specifics. IMHO, the latter will deliver the best performance long term.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

'09 JKRU. 4" Teraflex long arm, Teraflex R44 housing, Teraflex / Fox Resis, Poly Performance skids, Nemesis Billy Rockers, Nemesis flares, 37" ATZ P3s on 17" 5x5.5" Trailready HDs, Spyntec hubs, Teraflex BBK, Mopar BBK master/booster, Superior front & Alloy USA rear axle shafts, CTMs, Reids, Synergy drag link & tie rod, WTOR hydro-boosted steering, 5.38s, TF Dual Rate front bar, TF bumpers, Warn Powerplant, Tom Woods shafts, AA xfer case cable, Kilby canister relo, RH4x4 cage.
post #11 of 20 Old 03-31-2015, 08:24 PM
Granite Guru

A much better question would be - "I am looking to do X to my JK, which companies have the best parts for this modification?"

There are a bunch of quality vendors who's parts are showcased throughout this site. Many of us don't just run with one company's gear but rather mix and match to suit a design aesthetic or specific performance goal. For example, my front bump is a VKS shorty, my sliders and rear bumper are JCR, my flares are Smittybilt steel flats, my swaybar is a Currie Anti-rock, etc... I researched quite a bit before I made the purchase and there was a reason behind why I picked each part.

2013 JKR - with one of everything.
post #12 of 20 Old 04-02-2015, 05:00 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
as far as a place to order from. I have been ordering from 4WD.com for years. I've had nothing but fantastic service from them they are on the site as well I believe. ordered wheels, bumpers, winch etc

like everyone said research your parts that you want than find the best deal on them.
Ordered tires from them since they were the only ones that supposedly had them in stock on Monday 3-30, as of today 4-2 they are still in CA. Looks like 3 day priority gets you two things..............jack and shit.
post #13 of 20 Old 04-02-2015, 05:48 PM
Granite Guru

I think I am like most seasoned wheelers here where I already know what I want when I order it. First I look for is do they have the part in stock ? can they ship right now,will they ship right now.Do they support what they sell, meaning do they make/ service the part ? Are they idiots or do they know what they are doing/saying ? It's all about service to me, then price. In other words, I would rather, as an example, buy my part from the manufacture in most cases, depending on price, and the part, then the guys who just sell them.
post #14 of 20 Old 04-02-2015, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Hey thanks for all the input. Noted: you get what you pay for, and different vendors excell at different parts depending on what I'm looking for. I definitely don't want to buy cheap and end up paying twice the cost when those parts break. I'll post picks as I go along and add mods to my jeep and then repost after a true wheelin experience.
post #15 of 20 Old 04-02-2015, 07:14 PM
Rock God

Not really sure what your looking for as far as a reference for a brand but I would tell you to call and talk to Marcus at River City Offroad. He won't try to sell you dyantrac axles if your not going to need them. Genuinely a good guy that will stand by his word and that goes a long ways now days.
post #16 of 20 Old 04-02-2015, 07:42 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC7 View Post
Not really sure what your looking for as far as a reference for a brand but I would tell you to call and talk to Marcus at River City Offroad. He won't try to sell you dyantrac axles if your not going to need them. Genuinely a good guy that will stand by his word and that goes a long ways now days.

Can't agree more. Marcus will take care of you for sure.

Sent by packets

RIP 2010 jku "stretch"

2010 bright silver jku
2.5 teraflex coil lift
35 toyo open country m/t
Bilstein 5100's on all
Bilstein 5100 steering dampner
Smittybilt safari top
smittybuilt fender flares
One off front bumper/vks additions
Rubicon rails
Or-Fab Tire carrier
17 inch black MB TKO wheels
post #17 of 20 Old 04-02-2015, 08:08 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

what ever company gives me the best deal on what ever i'm looking for.

2011 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
- 3.5" Rubicon Express lift /w 1.25" BL
- 5.38 Yukon gears
- 40" Pro Comp MT2's
- Lot's of extra's
post #18 of 20 Old 04-05-2015, 08:22 AM

There's no single brand for me. I determine what I need and then research the heck that part until I find the best part in my budget. It helps when I keep a realistic view of what I use my jeep for. For example my next purchase will be barricade rock sliders. They are on the cheaper side compared to most but everything iv read says they will accomplish my need. Protect my jeep during the light/moderate wheeling I get to do a few times a year and give my wife/kids a step to help them get in the jeep.
post #19 of 20 Old 04-05-2015, 08:47 AM
Rock God

I price shop all the time as none of these places are remotely close to me so not like I am supporting my home town shop (I don't have one or I would local shop has to order anything and usually longer wait as likes to make bulk orders). 2 places always end up getting my business. 4wd.com and northridge4x4. I have found that 4wd usually has the best prices and especially on teraflex products nobody can beat their prices period on teraflex (they supply everyone else I guess so hard to beat them) and Rancho products. NR has best prices on Rock Krawler products. Both have provided quick shipping on everything as well. for Rims it is hard to beat Discount tire direct if they have what you want. I actually prefer shopping in the used parts section of various forums and have had great luck that way.

Last edited by Jadmt; 04-05-2015 at 08:50 AM.
post #20 of 20 Old 04-05-2015, 03:26 PM
Granite Guru

Sooner or later your going to want larger tires and a lift kit. There are plenty of places where you can cut corners and go with lower end gear and save some money but resist doing this on your suspension and steering systems; it's a false savings and it will just create headaches sooner or later.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode