Info needed on insuring heavily modified JK's - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 03-18-2015, 10:34 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Info needed on insuring heavily modified JK's

Many of us end up with a lot of money invested in our vehicles. If stolen or totaled we want more than a few thousand above book value from our insurance company.

I figure that with an LS, 6L80 trans, dynatrac axles, etc it would cost me 90k to replace my rig. My main insurance company (USAA) will only go 5000 above book value. On the recommendation of some folks from the Mile High Jeep Club I went with American Family Insurance. I have recently been told by two people that they are horrible on paying claims. The first was a roofing contractor who said that they are the worst of all companies for paying for home roof damage. The second was my wives assistant whose uncle was an American Family agent who had sold a lot of policies in the town he lived in. He had to quit selling it because people got so angry with him when they had a claim and weren't taken care of.

So the question is have any of you found any companies that will insure for what it would cost to replace or repair our vehicles and who pay claims well?

08 JKU Rubi, GM 6.2 LS, 6L80 6 sp automatic, Atlas 4 sp TC, Dynatrac ProRock 80 rear and in front PR60 w RCV shafts, DynaLock w Stub hubs, 4.88 gears and ARB Lockers, 4.0" lift, Synergy Long Arm, King coilovers, 40" Nitto's, Hutchison Rock Monster wheels, GenRight alum bumper and fenders, GenRight 20 gal aux gas tank, PSC steering, Warn Zeon 12K.

2nd Jeep is a 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland with a 5.7 Hemi, Quadra-Lift Suspension and Quadra-Drive II. My wife says I can't do anything to it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-18-2015, 11:01 AM
Cod
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via MSN to Cod

I got an "agreed value" policy through Progressive....... i couldn't find anybody else at all who would insure it.... or even think about insuring it.

I'm sure there are some loop holes or areas that they could side step a claim but it is what it is....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
We liked you better when we didn't know you. If you just fucked off we could go back to not giving a shit about you.
post #3 of 7 Old 03-18-2015, 11:19 AM
Granite Guru

sirch...

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90890

'12 White JKUR

Rugged Ridge Modular XD bumper w/9500 winch
2 1/2 inch Mopar Lift
35" Pitbull tires
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 03-18-2015, 11:21 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Many of us end up with a lot of money invested in our vehicles. If stolen or totaled we want more than a few thousand above book value from our insurance company.

I figure that with an LS, 6L80 trans, dynatrac axles, etc it would cost me 90k to replace my rig. My main insurance company (USAA) will only go 5000 above book value. On the recommendation of some folks from the Mile High Jeep Club I went with American Family Insurance. I have recently been told by two people that they are horrible on paying claims. The first was a roofing contractor who said that they are the worst of all companies for paying for home roof damage. The second was my wives assistant whose uncle was an American Family agent who had sold a lot of policies in the town he lived in. He had to quit selling it because people got so angry with him when they had a claim and weren't taken care of.

So the question is have any of you found any companies that will insure for what it would cost to replace or repair our vehicles and who pay claims well?
Hey Chuck,

I had good luck getting mine insured through Travellers. They let me add the swap & accessories to the value of the Jeep. I also added my wife's accessories that I put on her Jeep which was just $ 5,000.00 opposed to $ 20,000.00 on mine. You should get a good rate living in a smaller town.

2014 JKU, red, 2.5" AEV lift,6.4L VVT, 35" Duratrac's. 4.10, Gen Right bumpers, VR 8000 winch, Pro Rock 44.
post #5 of 7 Old 03-22-2015, 06:19 PM
Granite Guru

I posted in the other thread but I finally found an insurance company that will insure my extra's on my jk on top of the actual vehicle replacement cost. I have 30k additional coverage on my jeep plus full coverage on a 07 grand caravan for roughly 2k a year. The company is QBE.

08 JKU 6.0 LC8 6L80 Atlas 2 39" KM3's on Trilogy race beadlocks, prorock 44,rcv's arb front. rock jock 60 rear 40spline shafts,arb 5.13's and a bunch of other stuff
post #6 of 7 Old 03-22-2015, 07:54 PM
Granite Guru

Haggerty does policies for agreed cash value. You are basically taking out a policy for a max value. If you want to pay premiums on the full value that is the way to go.
post #7 of 7 Old 03-22-2015, 08:11 PM
Comfortably Numb

Garage

I just googled American Family Insurance and I suggest you do the same. I googled American Family Insurance Colorado". You may change your mind.

08 Rubi Unlimited named Freebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Cat killing would almost certainly decline if we were allowed to hunt liberals.
Asylum media group llc all rights reserved 2015
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode