SuperChip Flashpaq 3872 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 03-11-2015, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage
SuperChip Flashpaq 3872

I just picked up a superchip flashpaq for my 08 JKU auto on 35's. I did a the 87 tune and I corrected my tire size , stiffen up the shift points and i set throttle response to the SuperChip map. I really noticed a difference in drive-ability . the throttle response and correcting the tire size was probably the biggest money makers. I dont have access to 93 octane in the OKC area, so running the 93 tune my not be an option. wut tuner set up are people running ?
Thanks
Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 03-11-2015, 05:39 PM
Granite Guru

I am running a Flashcal that has been upgraded to be a Flashpaq via the Superchips website. I run the 91 octane tune her in California and am happy with the results. However, the main reason I got the Flashcal was to tell my '13 JK's auto transmission that I had changed the gears to 4.88 which worked perfectly.

2013 JKR - with one of everything.
post #3 of 17 Old 03-11-2015, 06:10 PM
Random Dude

I'm running the "tow" tune on 91 octane gas - seems fine for my purposes.
Adjusted TPMS threshold, gear ratio, and tire size. Checked / cleared DTCs a time or 2.
Haven't played with it much beyond that.

PLEASE BUY AMERICAN SO I DON'T HAVE TO LEARN CHINESE
-The 4th little pig made his house of reinforced concrete, with wolfskin rugs in every room-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<-- Random crap you might find useful
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 03-11-2015, 06:34 PM
Wheeler

I've had mine less than 2 weeks. So far I have set up my JK with the 87 tune and adjusted for tire size. As soon as I have the nerve, I'm going to play with the trans. shift points.
I can tell quite a difference with the 87 tune, more pep, shifts aren't as sloppy as they were before. Money well spent, IMO.
post #5 of 17 Old 03-12-2015, 02:37 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

i'm running the same tuner. I bought it mainly to adjust tire size and change gear ratio for my automatic transmission. i'm running the 93 octane tune and noticed the difference in my transmission shifting immediately. works great.

2011 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
- 3.5" Rubicon Express lift /w 1.25" BL
- 5.38 Yukon gears
- 40" Pro Comp MT2's
- Lot's of extra's
post #6 of 17 Old 03-13-2015, 01:31 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoCop View Post
i'm running the same tuner. I bought it mainly to adjust tire size and change gear ratio for my automatic transmission. i'm running the 93 octane tune and noticed the difference in my transmission shifting immediately. works great.
With the 93 tune, do you feel the trans. needs a little more line pressure ? With my 87 tune, shifts have improved, but I still think it could be better. I want to adjust my shift points and possibly line pressure.
Has anyone else played around with the line pressure on theirs ?

'08 RHD, Auto, Trimmed flares, Pro Rock 44, 5:13's, Truetrac, RCV front axles, Nitro rear axles, KOR front driveshaft, AEV 2.5" Dualsport, RK adjustable LCA's, Teraflex track bar and stabilizer, Mishimoto Alum. Radiator, Level 8 Strike 5, Cooper STT 315x70R17, Smittybilt SRC Gen 2 bumpers, Smittybilt SRC side armor, Smittybilt XRC Gen 2 winch, Yeti tie rod & draglink, Poison Spyder hood louver, Mastercraft Baja RS, Superchips Flashpaq, Powerstop Z36, Cibie H4.
post #7 of 17 Old 03-13-2015, 05:17 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage
update

300 MILES OUT OF A TANK! i don't know if it was the fresh oil change and the tuner but i just got 300 miles out of my last tank of gas. the day before i got the tuner i changed my oil with 6 quarts of mobile one full synthetic 5w-20 . i was averaging around 230-240 ish per tank. i will be going on a road trip this weekend towing a small camper . i'm going to try a tow tune with 91 octane . i will post results when i get back . but so far i'm very happy with the tuner, money well spent...
post #8 of 17 Old 03-13-2015, 01:47 PM
Rock God

i run the 93 tune and i thank the good lord every time i drive the jeep for the tune. i cried every time i drove the jeep before the tuner, but it had a big difference with shift points corrections and the tune. its still a slow brick, but when i get on the gas i can tell i have a little extra and i can get out in traffic much better.
post #9 of 17 Old 03-13-2015, 04:19 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhjeepdriver View Post
With the 93 tune, do you feel the trans. needs a little more line pressure ? With my 87 tune, shifts have improved, but I still think it could be better. I want to adjust my shift points and possibly line pressure.
Has anyone else played around with the line pressure on theirs ?
it feels fine to me but it is the only "tune" I have run with it. I have not tried to adjust the shift points manually for fear I would screw something up....lol. even with the 93 tune I am getting 19.4 mpg on the highway and that is with my 37" tires and 5.38 gears. granted that is with me babying it trying to get the best I can get. driving it normally on the highway I usually get around 18 mpg.

2011 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
- 3.5" Rubicon Express lift /w 1.25" BL
- 5.38 Yukon gears
- 40" Pro Comp MT2's
- Lot's of extra's
post #10 of 17 Old 03-13-2015, 05:41 PM
Wheeler

I tried the 91 tune today, it failed and said it went to recovery mode with an error E-55 and to call Superchips. I disconnected it and then plugged it back in. The unit then reverted to the stock settings. So, with trembling hands I tried again. It finished the procedure and said the 91 tune was installed. Jeep definitely feels better than before.
I wish the manual had a little more detail than just giving general descriptions of what can be changed.
I'm leaving it at the 91 tune for now. Soon I will be going to 35's and 4:88's and will adjust for those changes, hopefully with no problems.

'08 RHD, Auto, Trimmed flares, Pro Rock 44, 5:13's, Truetrac, RCV front axles, Nitro rear axles, KOR front driveshaft, AEV 2.5" Dualsport, RK adjustable LCA's, Teraflex track bar and stabilizer, Mishimoto Alum. Radiator, Level 8 Strike 5, Cooper STT 315x70R17, Smittybilt SRC Gen 2 bumpers, Smittybilt SRC side armor, Smittybilt XRC Gen 2 winch, Yeti tie rod & draglink, Poison Spyder hood louver, Mastercraft Baja RS, Superchips Flashpaq, Powerstop Z36, Cibie H4.
post #11 of 17 Old 03-16-2015, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

91 tow tune ... Well the trip was shorter than expected. In stead of 1000 miles round trip we did about 80 miles(we woke up late and wife got sick). Towing a 2500 lbs box behind a box went ok . I was able to hold 60 mph with no issues. I ran the ran the data logger to see how thing we're doing . Engine temp was 97' degrees C trans temp was 195degrees F on highway but 201 in town. Surprisingly enough the temps were the same with no trailer . Over all I'm still very happy with the tuner.
post #12 of 17 Old 03-19-2015, 08:39 PM
Granite Guru

I usually run the 87 tune unless I'm wheeling. I'll switch it to the Tow tune for wheeling trips. On long interstate runs I'll run the Mileage XS or whatever it is called. It can be a little aggravating at times having tunes fail to load or whatever, but it is a good piece. I will be looking for another one soon
post #13 of 17 Old 03-20-2015, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage
Vehicle Features

So i was waiting for a buddy to show up for lunch and i pulled out the tuner and started to mess around a bit. The Vehicle features option is pretty sweeeet. i can now run high beams and fog lights together , no more beep when locked. they also can turn off daytime running lights and change a few more options.

on another note since i have had a tune installed ive had the check engine light come on twice.. both times with the same codes 2/2 O2 sensor low voltage and then left fog lamp resistance high and right fog lamp resistance high. both fog lamps work and i ran the data logger to watch O2 sensor voltage and it looked normal. anyways i still like the tuner its made the jeep alot more fun to drive.
post #14 of 17 Old 03-22-2015, 08:17 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
re:SuperChip Flashpaq 3872

Happy Days!
This may not be new news to everone, but I had not heard about the update that Superchips now has as the latest update download for this Tuner including the new setting for ' TPMS OFFROAD' which, for those of you that have been just dealing-with the setting that only let you choose as low as 21PSI and having that little TPMS exclamation point yellow dash warning, did not allow just turning the TPMS to OFF; Well, this is now an option on the latest up-date!
The upgrade to the latest version will bring up the option to add a $0.00 "purchase" of the function on your SPARKS utility that, once you add it, at next plug in of the Flashpaq to your PC via USB cable, it then lets you TURN THE FREAKING TPMS OFF!
Thank you, Superchips!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #15 of 17 Old 03-22-2015, 08:59 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post
Happy Days!
This may not be new news to everone, but I had not heard about the update that Superchips now has as the latest update download for this Tuner including the new setting for ' TPMS OFFROAD' which, for those of you that have been just dealing-with the setting that only let you choose as low as 21PSI and having that little TPMS exclamation point yellow dash warning, did not allow just turning the TPMS to OFF; Well, this is now an option on the latest up-date!
The upgrade to the latest version will bring up the option to add a $0.00 "purchase" of the function on your SPARKS utility that, once you add it, at next plug in of the Flashpaq to your PC via USB cable, it then lets you TURN THE FREAKING TPMS OFF!
Thank you, Superchips!
I updated my 3872 when I first got it, now I have probably what will be considered a stupid question. Do you need to return your Jeep to stock before you check for and install any available updates each time ?

post #16 of 17 Old 03-22-2015, 10:38 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
re:SuperChip Flashpaq 3872

rhjeepdriver,
I do not and no, you can change /add the updates while connected to your PC/Mac via USB cable and the thing reboots after the update. Then, you hook it into the ODBPort just as always and your previous tune and everything is the same ( it is retained within the Flashpaq memory) as it was with the exception of having a newer version number under the 'Tuner Information' and the new "Additional Setting" or whatever they are called will include the "TPMS OFFROAD" setting for which you can choose "ON" for enabling the feature that disables the TPMS ..

but, you do not have to set it back to stock to change settings or after an update.

post #17 of 17 Old 03-22-2015, 02:21 PM
Wheeler

Just wanted to be sure. I build and maintain computers for people as a hobby, but flashing a PCM is new territory for me. I have seen software do some strange things, including Microsoft updates rendering computers unbootable.
I certainly don't want to brick my PCM.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode