Another RCO Thread. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 Old 03-06-2015, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Another RCO Thread.

That one guy, Marcus, well he's at it again...

... More of this good customer service bullshit! Hard to believe that anyone who provides the kind of spot on, hassle free, immediate customer service can be successful in a day and age where customer is always #2, literally and figuratively.

I mean, c'mon! I ordered some lights and set Gra-Bars from him three days ago, got the tracking number while on the phone with him listening to him banter on about cool Jeep stuff and then the stuff actually arrived today, same week!? Pretty much unacceptable, I almost rejected the shipment just so i'd have to drive down to the UPS warehouse to pick the stuff up just so it would seem less suspect.

To add to it, he cut me a hell of a deal on one of the two lights because he was sent that light as a sample to evaluate, he basically passed it on to me for two wiggles of a jack rabbits ass and a kiss on the cheek. He then found out that "sample" wasn't free as he assumed it was and was immediately billed for it because he was honest with the vendor about where it went. Seriously, very suspect behavior. So I offered him the difference in price to be squared up and he said he would eat it. Since it was in his possession, he had to ship it on his own time and own dime. The nerve of this guy apologizing to me because he waited until yesterday to ship it out.

What in the actual fuck kind of shit is this guy trying to pull offering this kind of service and humble behavior to a customer. Something seems odd here.

You're a hell of a guy Marcus! Thank you for doing what you do and the way you handle people! It was good talking to you and all I can say is that Tink is going to be a bad mamma jamma! I'll post up a review of the lights in a separate thread and give some props to BD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 Old 03-06-2015, 08:47 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Always good to hear positive stuff. Marcus deserves it.

TC
Crawling For Reid March 23, 2019 Adventure OffRoad Park

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 27 Old 03-06-2015, 09:44 PM
Wheeler

I have been buying from him over the last few months. Nothing but smooth sailing so far. Kind of waiting for him to flip on the phone with my silly noobish questions but he just puts up with it and keeps on truckin. All good stuff coming from RCO for me as well.

"Every man dies, not every man really lives."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 Old 03-06-2015, 09:51 PM
Granite Guru

He does pull some bullshit.

Year before last, I was getting my C gussets installed on a Monday afternoon. Ended up needing new sway bar links ASAP. Well I was leaving for Moab on Wednesday night. Called up Marcus and he promised to have them to me on Wednesday morning. Those damn links showed up the next day, Tuesday morning. WTF? I was expecting them on Wednesday, not a day earlier. I wouldn't be surprised if he drove the 3 hours to Houston and dropped them off himself. pfff.

Then last month I tell him I want to buy a Warn. He tells me there's a Warn rebate coming out in March. The nerve of him not letting me buy it and missing out on the rebate. Ordered the winch this past Monday. And some lights just because his voice sounded sexy.

Seriously though. I may be able to get a few things cheaper elsewhere because through Marcus I have to pay taxes being in Texas with him. But I gladly support him due to his awesome customer service and eagerness to help at the drop of a dime.

Thanks Marcus!!!!
post #5 of 27 Old 03-06-2015, 11:11 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Ha ha! This thread put a big ole smile on my face. Thank you guys very much for taking the time to show your appreciation.

I couldn't be here without ya'll and I appreciate you guys too!

Never hesitate to call me. I enjoy the questions and I am always happy to help. Its what I'm good at and I'm honored to be your go-to guy for Jeep parts and tech help!

Thank you!

Marcus

post #6 of 27 Old 03-07-2015, 02:46 PM
Rock God

Garage

I ordered a diff cover and a fairlead mount for my Poison Spyder BFH the other day from Marcus. I got a tracking number within about 20 minutes from ordering it, the other one I got the next day. I ordered on Thursday and both are scheduled to arrive before the end of next week... and that was placing orders online.

Fuckin eh Marcus. I wouldn't even care if it took longer to ship, or if you were farther away... I'm always going to be ordering through you.

2011 Sahara Tan 2dr Rubicon
Rock Krawler Stock Mod w/ Fox Evolution 2.0's - 36 X 12.5 X 15" Interco TSL's on Black Steel wheels - Rock Krawler track bars front and back - Poison Spyder Customs BFH front bumper w/ Brawler bar - Warn HS9500i winch w/ synthetic rope - Trail Head Deflators - Viair 440P Compressor Instagram: jeepethan
post #7 of 27 Old 03-07-2015, 04:16 PM
Granite Guru

Never met the guy but have exchanged emails. Marcus when I get the cash flow that 3.5 RC will be coming my way from you.
post #8 of 27 Old 03-07-2015, 04:47 PM
Granite Guru

Make that a RK not RC.... Man the whiskey has set in
post #9 of 27 Old 03-07-2015, 05:35 PM
Granite Guru

Marcus will be getting another big chunk-o-money from me here in a few weeks. Going for an RK lift, RK shocks and Artec truss. Great price, ships ultra fast and top notch customer svc.

ParrotHead Racing....we love going PHast!
2010 JK Unlimited, 3" Zone lift, 33" Fierce Attitudes, PSC Brawler Lite front, XRC8comp winch
post #10 of 27 Old 03-08-2015, 08:01 AM
Wheeler

Agreed.
post #11 of 27 Old 03-08-2015, 09:45 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartj17 View Post
Make that a RK not RC.... Man the whiskey has set in
The best time to order jeep parts is when your drinking...just saying always seems to happen like that.

OIF
post #12 of 27 Old 03-08-2015, 10:21 AM
Rock God

Yeah, that guy completely sucks. He makes it way too easy to be satisfied, giving us nothing to grumble about.

To top it off, if there's gonna be any kind of delay, he e-mails ya to keep you informed and updated while asking if it's okay!!!
Seriously, who does that!?! Aliens?!?

He's definitely getting more of my business...
post #13 of 27 Old 03-08-2015, 11:16 AM
Rock God

He sucks! All he ever does is take my money!!

Though he makes it so easy for me to throw it at him with the deals and service.

Thanks as always Marcus. Got to say you keep me informed of any shipping issues and the invoice emails are awesome!

2008 JKU: continual work in progress
post #14 of 27 Old 03-08-2015, 05:11 PM
Wheeler

I've been ordering from him all month. Pretty soon I'm going to need big RCO decals on the side of mine.
post #15 of 27 Old 03-08-2015, 10:30 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Yup, that sons-a-bitch needs to be shipped off to Utah...

Service of his kind is priceless, we need more of it out here. I ordered a set of Yukon 5.13's from him on Friday and received nothing but the best service. Take My Money! Hey Marcus, Utah has a lot to offer. They let you have multiple wives out here if you're into that kind of thing, oh, aaannnd... Moab. I'd be more than happy to put some miles on that jeep of yours.
All joking aside, thanks for what you do, it is appreciated.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If you don't like it, go break it!

'07 JKRU
3.5" RK X-Factor Lift on 37x12.5x17 MTR-K's wrapped around AEV Pintler Wheels
post #16 of 27 Old 03-08-2015, 11:02 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Ha ha! You guys are awesome. Thanks for taking the time to say something here. I'm proud to be of service and it is awesome to be appreciated so much!

Thank you!

post #17 of 27 Old 03-09-2015, 07:23 AM
Granite Guru

Just starting to see all these RCO threads in the past few weeks....good timing considering I'm heading to Austin at the end of this month to look at making a move down there!
post #18 of 27 Old 03-09-2015, 07:32 AM
Granite Guru

Another RCO Thread.

Submitted for a price quote on a Sunday evening. This guy replied with all info needed that night. Needless to say I have a bumper on the way. Thanks Marcus !

Sent by packets

RIP 2010 jku "stretch"

2010 bright silver jku
2.5 teraflex coil lift
35 toyo open country m/t
Bilstein 5100's on all
Bilstein 5100 steering dampner
Smittybilt safari top
smittybuilt fender flares
One off front bumper/vks additions
Rubicon rails
Or-Fab Tire carrier
17 inch black MB TKO wheels

Last edited by arasco85; 03-09-2015 at 07:56 AM.
post #19 of 27 Old 03-09-2015, 07:52 AM
Rock God

Marcus is seriously good people.

The cool part is that I sold my jeep to move into a Ram CC 4x4. He even likes talking about other 4x4's. Not just jeeps.

My next set of wheels will be through him. As others have said, sometimes it's a little more expensive - being in TX and having to pay taxes, but well worth the fast shipping and hassle free service you get.

08 Unlimited: Lift, Wheels, Tires, Winch ... and an ever shrinking bank account
post #20 of 27 Old 03-09-2015, 07:57 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by etl330 View Post
Just starting to see all these RCO threads in the past few weeks....good timing considering I'm heading to Austin at the end of this month to look at making a move down there!
Austin SUCKS but I hear Dallas is great!!!!

It's the reason RCO is so bad too!!!
post #21 of 27 Old 03-09-2015, 07:59 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartj17 View Post
Austin SUCKS but I hear Dallas is great!!!!

It's the reason RCO is so bad too!!!
Haha Austin seems like a love it or hate it place. Guess we'll see which side we fall on after our trip at the end of the months.
post #22 of 27 Old 03-09-2015, 08:41 AM
JKowners Vendor

Marcus is a hard working, honest guy who provides good customer service. This industry needs that!

RK
post #23 of 27 Old 03-09-2015, 09:06 AM
Jeepineer

Garage

Who's Marcus?

He's never done anything less that exceptional in my book.

-Mike
2007 2dr X, 6sp, 35's on D44's, 2" lift, cage, hydro, etc.
post #24 of 27 Old 03-09-2015, 10:53 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landoom View Post
Yup, that sons-a-bitch needs to be shipped off to Utah...

Hey Marcus, Utah has a lot to offer. They let you have multiple wives out here if you're into that kind of thing, .
are you crazy? multiple wives would mean you'd never get money for Jeep parts.

better to stay away from UT and have multiple vehicles instead. LOL
post #25 of 27 Old 03-14-2015, 01:21 PM
Granite Guru

Name:  ImageUploadedByAG Free1426360838.002345.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  57.8 KBfinally got everything cut and installed! Thanks Marcus

Sent by packets

RIP 2010 jku "stretch"

2010 bright silver jku
2.5 teraflex coil lift
35 toyo open country m/t
Bilstein 5100's on all
Bilstein 5100 steering dampner
Smittybilt safari top
smittybuilt fender flares
One off front bumper/vks additions
Rubicon rails
Or-Fab Tire carrier
17 inch black MB TKO wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode