Help settling my internal debate? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 03-01-2015, 09:47 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Help settling my internal debate?

I am sure someone else on here has had this same debate but I would love a little help deciding and would love it if you happen to have personal experience and/or pictures to go along with your opinion.

I like the look of the stock fender flares with the AEV front bumper. I think the lines just look cleaner than many other options. However, since I am going to a 37 with a 3.5" RK lift, I know that for off road use, I would be better served with flat fenders.

To be clear, I am running a recently purchased 2015 JKU Rubicon that will be getting a 3.5" RK XFactor lift, 37" MTRK on 17" XD Addicts (4.5" BS).

The debate is basically both cosmetic and capabilities. Let me know your opinion.

First option - AEV front bumper with stock flares, Teraflex HD carrier and (haven't decided on rear bumper yet but likely still the same as below).

Second option - PSC Brawler MID Front Bumper with Brawler Bar, PSC JK Front Crusher Flares - Standard Width (Aluminum), Teraflex HD carrier, and PSC RockBrawler II Rear Bumper.

"Every man dies, not every man really lives."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-02-2015, 08:03 AM
Rock God

You will rub offroad with first option on bumper let alone flares.

With 37s and stock flares I could get by but the bigger issue was the front bumper that cleared 35's didn't clear 37's and I had to trim it to get it to work. I don't see you being able to do that with the arb bumper.

I have to say option 2 but not about the flares as main reason. It's the bumper clearance issue with option 1 that makes that option sink IMO.

JKUR auto | 5:38 | tires 36"x17 wheels 9"x4.5"bs | TF 6"| ASFIR bumpers, skids | SuperWinch EPi9.5 | RCV shafts | SC traildash | Xenon fenders | OBA York

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 Old 03-02-2015, 12:19 PM
Granite Guru

37" tires are gonna rub the factory fenders. I would go with something like the Bushwacker flat fender flair and a Rock Hard Stubby front bumper prepped for a winch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 03-02-2015, 01:47 PM
Cod
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via MSN to Cod

^What they said....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
We liked you better when we didn't know you. If you just fucked off we could go back to not giving a shit about you.
post #5 of 7 Old 03-02-2015, 09:50 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryn View Post
37" tires are gonna rub the factory fenders. I would go with something like the Bushwacker flat fender flair and a Rock Hard Stubby front bumper prepped for a winch.
I had bushwackers and now xenon. I prefer bushwackers but need the width of xenons to prevent getting tickets in British Columbia. If I moved to Texas I would get a set of bushwackers again.

Bushwacker make these flares wider! Good for 4.5" bs wheels is ideal

JKUR auto | 5:38 | tires 36"x17 wheels 9"x4.5"bs | TF 6"| ASFIR bumpers, skids | SuperWinch EPi9.5 | RCV shafts | SC traildash | Xenon fenders | OBA York

post #6 of 7 Old 03-03-2015, 03:50 AM
Rock God

Garage

Bushwacker flares are hella stiff though...I've watched them bend a 2 door tub when they were leaned into a rock. And not even a hard hit, just a lean... I'd opt for MCE flares, if you decide to go with the flat flares.

And 37's will fit under stock flares, no worries...you're going to be running a shitload of bump stop though. Depends which way that you want to go with your build. Do you actually need 37's, and are you prepared to do all of the other shit required to make them work? Full width bumper, factory flares, or stubby bumper with flat flares... all up to you. JCR makes a really nice full width bumper that should fit 37's without too much fuss, too.

2011 Sahara Tan 2dr Rubicon
Rock Krawler Stock Mod w/ Fox Evolution 2.0's - 36 X 12.5 X 15" Interco TSL's on Black Steel wheels - Rock Krawler track bars front and back - Poison Spyder Customs BFH front bumper w/ Brawler bar - Warn HS9500i winch w/ synthetic rope - Trail Head Deflators - Viair 440P Compressor Instagram: jeepethan
post #7 of 7 Old 03-03-2015, 07:28 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
re:Help settling my internal debate?

all of the above are good sggts;
I have the Basic DX front bmpr from ExpeditionOne that offers side wings that are movable for stubby wheeling needs (and allow OEM fogs or whtever in the wings )and I have made room for upcoming 37"s via oem fender trim. Just giving options.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode