Floor jack, jack lift - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 03-01-2015, 03:10 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Floor jack, jack lift

I've been searching with no real concrete help. I have a 4" lift and 35s. I have a 2010 unlimited 4 door Sahara. I assume I'm playing roulette right now with my stock jack and my setup. I want something in my jeep in case I get a flat on the road and also in my garage for changing out my tires once a year for inspection. Could someone point me to the right product? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-01-2015, 03:54 PM
Rock God

Garage

I'm also on 35's with 4" lift on my 4dr JKUR. I find that the stock jack is still sufficient if you jack up from the lower control arm mounts. Other than that I used Hi-Lift Jack until it broke, and will get another next time I visit my local offroad retailer. When using a Hi-Lift you want to use a ratchet strap from the axle to the frame so the suspension doesn't droop.

For the garage a Harbor Frieght 4-ton shop jack works just fine. Any shop jack that provides at least 20" height is going to work. 35's are just 17.5" radius, plus an inch to 3 inches of axle tube or diff. So really an 18" jack should just lift the tire off the ground.

I'm a JKO Reject
post #3 of 4 Old 03-01-2015, 07:05 PM
Granite Guru

I just put a piece of wood between the axle and floor jack. Works great and less pumping. I'm running 37" MTR's.

On trail, I'd do the same. Shim the stock jack with whatever you can find.

Hi lift is great but not ideal for changing tires. Actually useless for most people since you have to find a safe jacking point and as mentioned above, secure the axle from flexing down.

I don't carry one although they look cool. I have used my stock jack on the trail numerous times when I was hung up on the belly and it worked fine. Didn't look cool but it worked.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 03-02-2015, 12:48 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

3 ton harbor freight jack for the garage.
AEV jack extension for side of the road.
Hi Lift for the trail.

The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.-Thomas Paine

See Garage for Mods
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode