Whose Got The Best Builds? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 Old 02-25-2015, 08:34 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Whose Got The Best Builds?

I like to day dream from time to time, and nothing gets the juices flowing more then staring at awesome JK builds and pictures.

It got me thinking, which shops do you think are putting out the best/most unique builds. Builds that we don't see all over the web or cookie cutter builds. Something more outside the box of the norm.

For example, I really like what I see out of Gfab Motorsports:
http://gfabmotorsports.com/2014/01/2...r-shop-builds/

Anybody else have any to share?

Professional Web Wheeler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 Old 02-25-2015, 08:44 AM
Rock God

For me it's River Raider. They don't just bolt up a bunch of parts...
post #3 of 35 Old 02-25-2015, 09:04 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

There are a lot of good builders out there, but River Raider takes it to such a whole new level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 35 Old 02-25-2015, 10:12 AM
JKO Dickhead

Garage

Rock Solid Fabrication

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54712

Building a capable off road Jeep is easy...building a street legal one that you can drive two hours away to wheel and then drive to work the following morning is the challenge...
post #5 of 35 Old 02-25-2015, 11:35 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biginboca View Post
For me it's River Raider. They don't just bolt up a bunch of parts...

Just Orange County Chopper only Jeeps.

It's all subjective though. Some people will think that dude in AZ who builds the big ricer Jeeps is the best, some RR, some Metal Cloak, etc...

Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever.

Last edited by terrahawk; 02-25-2015 at 12:34 PM.
post #6 of 35 Old 02-25-2015, 03:50 PM
JKO Addict!

The dudes on this forum.

Troy is buildin' a bad ass stretched 2D in his garage...
https://www.facebook.com/pages/JK-Fo...26?pnref=story

Marcus always has some interesting stuff going on, lol.
Jon has some beasts under wraps as well.

2012 Jeep Wrangler - Gecko
3.5" Rock Krawler X Factor
40x13.5 Nitto Mud Grapplers / 17" Fuel Hostage
Poison Spyder Brawler Lite / Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers
Poison Spyder RockBrawler w/ Tire Carrier

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx View Post
and yet... canada still sucks worse

we'd make fun of your prime minister if we could... unfortunately nobody's ever heard of him!
post #7 of 35 Old 02-25-2015, 04:07 PM
Rock God

Whose Got The Best Builds?

While the high dollar shop builds are cool, I think the creativity and out of the box thinking is better on the DIY custom fab'd rigs. Lots of good ones out there.
post #8 of 35 Old 02-25-2015, 04:16 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

I vote that bluewave has the best build I've seen on here.

2012 JKU Rubicon - Build Thread -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 35 Old 02-26-2015, 09:58 AM
JKO Dickhead

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason View Post
I vote that bluewave has the best build I've seen on here.
lol.... good one !!!

Building a capable off road Jeep is easy...building a street legal one that you can drive two hours away to wheel and then drive to work the following morning is the challenge...
post #10 of 35 Old 02-26-2015, 10:25 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrahawk View Post
Just Orange County Chopper only Jeeps.

It's all subjective though. Some people will think that dude in AZ who builds the big ricer Jeeps is the best, some RR, some Metal Cloak, etc...
First line nailed it. Raider was really cool, Rockster was cool, and the green and tan builds were cool. Everything is has just been goofy and repetitive.

Teraflex has done some really nice Jeeps. I can think of a bunch of individual builds by shops but no one shop that consistently turns out killer custom builds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
OKAY FUCKMOUTH.
post #11 of 35 Old 02-26-2015, 11:05 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlgrav182 View Post
First line nailed it. Raider was really cool, Rockster was cool, and the green and tan builds were cool. Everything is has just been goofy and repetitive.

Teraflex has done some really nice Jeeps. I can think of a bunch of individual builds by shops but no one shop that consistently turns out killer custom builds.
I disagree, I like most every build I've seen from RR. I don't find this build for this years SEMA repetitive at all, really different and cool. Maybe some might find it goofy but it's definitely original from top to bottom...

post #12 of 35 Old 02-26-2015, 04:04 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
I disagree, I like most every build I've seen from RR. I don't find this build for this years SEMA repetitive at all, really different and cool. Maybe some might find it goofy but it's definitely original from top to bottom...

I like it, but it reminds me a lot of a buggy that Poison Spyder did in the Pre-McRae years, and I've also seen another build -- a truck, I think -- done in a very similar way, so I can't call it original (which sort of makes it repetitive, even if not repetitive of their own stuff). Don't get me wrong, I like some of RR's older stuff, but they lost me on the "roadster" idea with the swept-back windshield and the curved roll cage. Even this one is too swept back on the windshield to suit me.

I agree with whoever it was that said there is no standout shop consistently putting out killer builds. If you're looking for "show and go" builds, I do tend to appreciate what Rebel Offroad puts out. Otherwise, if you're more into function than appearance, I agree that some of the threads on here have some great out-of-the-box thinking in them.

My Build Thread:

I'm the NRA
JOIN HERE:
post #13 of 35 Old 02-26-2015, 04:22 PM
JKO Addict!

The Poison Spyder KOH builds were always pretty good.

post #14 of 35 Old 02-26-2015, 04:42 PM
It never ends...

TNT of course. What else could I say?

I love Wheeling, it frees the mind
T-REX
Meet Rex Thread:
Adventures of Rex Thread:
post #15 of 35 Old 02-26-2015, 04:43 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALASHA View Post
This ^^^

Understand from a marketing stand point, there is a need to build the SEMA type rigs with multiple light bars, 22's, and machine guns. But really prefer seeing the more purpose built rigs like the BFH and Crispy that have innovation and tech that you can learn from.
post #16 of 35 Old 02-27-2015, 08:28 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descent View Post
This ^^^

Understand from a marketing stand point, there is a need to build the SEMA type rigs with multiple light bars, 22's, and machine guns. But really prefer seeing the more purpose built rigs like the BFH and Crispy that have innovation and tech that you can learn from.
I do really like the builds coming out of Poison Spyder as well.

Are there any wheeling videos of RR builds?

I hear Rock Krawler will be building a JK for 2016 or 2017 KOH. I will be curious to see how it turns out.

Professional Web Wheeler
post #17 of 35 Old 02-27-2015, 10:26 AM
JKowners Vendor

River Raider has done some great builds on here.

C04LO, Troy G, Poison Spyder, our Victim and Rock Racer builds are on here.

With regards to our next KOH rig. We are starting with a JK! Not sure how much JK will be left by the time we get done! Our KOH LJ build is on here, but there is a lot more Jeep still left on it compared to what we expect to see from the JK build.. If you are familiar with the rules, we are building it for the Legends class so what we can do with it are almost unlimited.

RK
post #18 of 35 Old 02-27-2015, 03:11 PM
Wheeler

Quote:

Saw this in person. Its a novelty build. Im sure it functions very well but better hope you never have to look down hill....cant see anything in front of you. Very Very good fabrication though.
post #19 of 35 Old 02-27-2015, 07:01 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALASHA View Post
Agreed. And I have a pretty good batch of Poison Spyder stuff on my rig, so I wasn't overlooking them. Just thought the OP was looking for something a little different since he asked about non-"cookie-cutter" builds. Except for Krispy (Crispy?) most of their builds are pretty similar. Krispy, on the other hand, is very impressive. Had a chance to get up close and personal with it at the 4WP Truck and Jeep Fest in San Mateo last weekend. It's a nice piece of work.

My Build Thread:

I'm the NRA
JOIN HERE:
post #20 of 35 Old 02-28-2015, 02:29 AM
Rock God

Never understood why shops dont utilize the forums more to show off their work.

With all the money spent on advertising, a build thread is virtually free. (Short of the cost a yellow star).

Understand most just throw a couple pics here and there up on their FB Page. But to me, a shop or build thread better shows the detail and quality of their work.
post #21 of 35 Old 02-28-2015, 05:02 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringer View Post
While the high dollar shop builds are cool, I think the creativity and out of the box thinking is better on the DIY custom fab'd rigs. Lots of good ones out there.
100% this ^^^

post #22 of 35 Old 02-28-2015, 06:49 AM
Apt
I Put the FU in FUN

Garage

I don't know who the 'Best' builders are - many shops do some awesome stuff - most have been named already; River Raider, PSC, RK, and so many others. I thought Tribe 4x4 needed a mention as well.
However, from a home builder I thought these guys deserved a mention. In no particular order: Ringer, Doc, Jon, andrelopez, Brut4ce to name a few. There are a lot of guys on here that are doing some innovative and coo stuff though. That's what makes this forum so cool compared to some of the others.
post #23 of 35 Old 02-28-2015, 10:24 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

No doubt, there are awesome home/garage builds on here for sure. I'm looking for anything to inspire my rig to the next level. I think we all can look at builds and take the good and leave the indifferent.

I can never figure out why the larger companies aren't using forums to showcase there hard work as well. Never made any sense to me.

Professional Web Wheeler
post #24 of 35 Old 02-28-2015, 11:03 AM
JKO Dickhead

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGreg View Post
No doubt, there are awesome home/garage builds on here for sure. I'm looking for anything to inspire my rig to the next level. I think we all can look at builds and take the good and leave the indifferent.

I can never figure out why the larger companies aren't using forums to showcase there hard work as well. Never made any sense to me.
Look at the link I posted above for fat booty Judy

Look at Co4LO - Big Red build

it starts as inspiration, then turns to slight jealousy and a mixed emotion of inadequacy

post #25 of 35 Old 02-28-2015, 11:07 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
re:Whose Got The Best Builds?

Ive always liked Synergy's JKs from the old catalogs -the 2&4 door silver JKs? &that Stormtrooper build is great.

Rebel's are cool. Jeep Speed Shop out in Cali has that bitchin' thread on here and does great work...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode