Teraflex lift question?? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 07-06-2008, 11:54 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Teraflex lift question??

I just installed 2.5 bb lift,It was a easy install.Was looking in their catalog at the lift i installed and there is a rear trackbar reloc. bracket in the kit i didnt get,hmmm.Do i need it?
Oh yea my wife drove it after the install and hates it,she said it drives like a##.But my elec swaybar disconnect is broken too.(parts ordered from Dealer). Maybe when i get it replaced it will be better

~Richard & The Goddess~
Current Mods: 2.5 BB Teraflex Lift, 35" Nittos, 16"X8" MB Wheels, On-Board Air, Flo Master Exhaust, Power Inverter (800w), Evap Canister Relocation, WOODS S. S. relocation bracket, WOODS Rear Axle, Mopar Hitch, CB, Happy Bunny mud flaps!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 07-06-2008, 12:16 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to venom

must be something new, I've bought 2 TF BBs and didnt get a bracket with either of them.
Adding a bracket in the back will seriously help with the jeep wanting to turn when you hit a sharp bump.
I used a BDS frame side bracket in back on mine and it helped a LOT
https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showth...ht=bds+bracket
Polyperformance makes awesome axle side brackets if you decide to go that route, but either one will help a lot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Wife
I might just go crazy and kill you in your sleep, instead of just planning it.
post #3 of 12 Old 07-06-2008, 12:47 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom View Post
must be something new, I've bought 2 TF BBs and didnt get a bracket with either of them.
Adding a bracket in the back will seriously help with the jeep wanting to turn when you hit a sharp bump.
Polyperformance makes awesome axle side brackets if you decide to go that route, but either one will help a lot
Cool.That looks just like the TF one,will order one.Thanks for the info

~Richard & The Goddess~
Current Mods: 2.5 BB Teraflex Lift, 35" Nittos, 16"X8" MB Wheels, On-Board Air, Flo Master Exhaust, Power Inverter (800w), Evap Canister Relocation, WOODS S. S. relocation bracket, WOODS Rear Axle, Mopar Hitch, CB, Happy Bunny mud flaps!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 07-06-2008, 09:55 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

just looked on their site and they still just list 3 budget boost kits- just spacers, with shocks or with adapters and the pic doesn't show a track bar bracket
this is the only pic I could find

Quote:
post #5 of 12 Old 07-07-2008, 06:00 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Wow, yeah lots of stuff in the catalog thats not on the site!
The new pics of the BB kit in the catalog do show a rear drop bracket that looks just like a BDS except it doesn't require drilling. I wonder if it's as strong being minus a mounting bolt?
I bet so_cal received old stock/ last years BB kit from before they started including the bracket

on a side note
the flipped draglink setup looks pretty interesting

Quote:

Last edited by venom; 07-07-2008 at 06:07 AM.
post #6 of 12 Old 07-07-2008, 06:44 AM
Granite Guru

A friend got this kit with that bracket and it (the bracket) didn't fit. The bend in the Teraflex bracket (where the trackbar will ultimately bolt to) interfered with the factory trackbar mounting bracket. So just be on the look out for that.
post #7 of 12 Old 07-07-2008, 10:48 AM
Rock God

Garage

I live near Teraflex and they are good to work with. Give them a call and request the axle mounted bracket that wraps around the axle and the not the drop bracket that mounts to the frame. PP even makes one as well as a few others I'm sure. I just don't recommend getting a drop bracket or an axle mounted bracket that relies soley on the factory welded bracket for attachment.

The drop bracket intereferes with the shock if left in the stock location. This issue is fairly common with drop brackets from many lift companies not just Teraflex. The intereference happens when that side is fully compressed, and I have seen some of your wheelin' pics so_calif_rubi and I am sure you will reach that compressed point.

post #8 of 12 Old 07-08-2008, 09:51 PM
Rock God

Garage

Here is the Teraflex rear bracket:

TeraFlex JK Rear Trackbar Bracket

post #9 of 12 Old 07-10-2008, 08:45 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom View Post
Ok, I give up. Where can I get one and how much do they cost? I've been all over and can't seem to find this piece. Help a brother out please...

Current Mods:
  1. Cleghorn tailpipe mod
  2. Cleghorn side step ventilation with Gold Mtn. enhancement
  3. Heartbreak Ridge bumper scuffs
  4. Goler gas tank skid mod
  5. Miscellaneous pin striping
  6. Woods evap cannister relocate (Wow, an intentional mod!)
  7. 2"BB and swapped in stock Rubi coils and shocks (thanks Seth!)
  8. Calico fender realignment and texturing
  9. Calico "explodey the side step" ez removal kit
  10. Stock Rubicon rails courtesy of JackTuttle (Thanks Jack!)
  11. Solid Axle dif covers
post #10 of 12 Old 07-10-2008, 10:07 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

If you mean the BDS bracket, OK4WD is where I got mine - $61 shipped
http://www.ok4wd.com/index.php/catal...p_wrangler_jk/
If you mean the axle side brackets www.polyperformance.com or www.trailduty.com they're usually about $125

Quote:
post #11 of 12 Old 07-10-2008, 10:49 PM
Granite Guru

Get the Bracket!!!!!!!!!

The OE rear track bar bracket is crap. It is poorly welded (one side only!)and thin metal. I ripped mine apart going over some woops in Baja. I got the Teraflex bracket and an adjustable rear track bar. The bracket is beefy. It uses the rear OE track bar bracket to line up and the rear link bolt for stability. I was going to weld it, after the install I did not think it was necessary.

Get the Bracket

Rubicon Unlimited, Rescue Green, Warn bumper, Aux lighting, Warn Powerplant, Warn dif protecectors, Rock Hard Rear Bumper all accessories, 5.38, 37x12.50MT on 17"Moto Metals, Edelbrock Extreme Travel shocks, Russell ext S,S, brake lines, Superlift 4'' CAI, Magna Flow, Cobra CB, Staun deflators, Huskey mats, Grab Handles, set up to flat tow, Oil, tranny, shock, muffler & control arm skids, , Chrome, sils, grill inserts & light cages.
post #12 of 12 Old 07-10-2008, 10:55 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiggerMike View Post
Ok, I give up. Where can I get one and how much do they cost? I've been all over and can't seem to find this piece. Help a brother out please...
Hi Mike call Joe @ Treaflex he will hook you up.

Rubicon Unlimited, Rescue Green, Warn bumper, Aux lighting, Warn Powerplant, Warn dif protecectors, Rock Hard Rear Bumper all accessories, 5.38, 37x12.50MT on 17"Moto Metals, Edelbrock Extreme Travel shocks, Russell ext S,S, brake lines, Superlift 4'' CAI, Magna Flow, Cobra CB, Staun deflators, Huskey mats, Grab Handles, set up to flat tow, Oil, tranny, shock, muffler & control arm skids, , Chrome, sils, grill inserts & light cages.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode