2.5 lift kit - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 02-18-2015, 12:41 PM Thread Starter

2.5 lift kit

HI I'm new to the forum and Jeep community. I am interested in purchasing a 2.5 coil Lift kit and adding the Fox 2.0 shocks for front an rear. I just wanted to get input on the two kits i am looking at. First is the Rubicon Express 2.5 Coil kit and the other is the TeraFlex 2.5 kit. Can I get the goods and bads maybe some pictures, I will be running 35" tires with 17" wheels. I saw the teraflex video on install looks like a good kits just didnt like that I had to drill into the jeep. Was this difficult to install since I will be doing it myself?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 02-18-2015, 01:08 PM

Send a message via AIM to jawest12

There seems to be many, many more positive reviews of Teraflex.

I researched heavily and came down to Teraflex 2.5 for AEV 2.5. Went with the AEV and their tuned Bilstein shocks.
post #3 of 13 Old 02-18-2015, 01:44 PM
Granite Guru

check out rock krawler also

2007 rubicon unlimited
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 02-22-2015, 09:51 PM
Granite Guru

It's a popular lift/tire size combo, run a quick search or check the Pic Request Forum. The TF is a better kit than the RE.

The installation is not difficult. Read the instructions and a couple of the many write-ups in advance and watch some of the videos on YouTube. If it's your first lift do it with a friend.
post #5 of 13 Old 02-22-2015, 11:14 PM
Wheeler

Just bought my jku Friday and I'm looking to install the same size tires and lift so I'm tuned into this thread.

Camorales, hope you don't mind if I ask a few questions since I'm looking to do the same mods. how much wheeling do you plan on doing? And are you going to re-gear also?

Jawest, how do u like the AEV kit?
post #6 of 13 Old 02-23-2015, 02:44 AM
JKO Addict!

2.5 lift kit

The only drilling (TF kit) I know of is installing the rear frame side drop bracket.
If you choose the kit without shocks, extensions or with their 9950's It comes with a bolt in axle side. NO DRILLING and a much better bracket.

2007 JKR | PSC Big bore box | Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor arms l SteerSmarts YETI track bar, tie rod, no drill flipped drag link, Griffin | Synergy frame brace | 37x12.5x17 Nitto RG's | Dana front DS | Fox IFP shocks | Artec front armor kit/Currie JJ's | Teraflex rear axle bracket | EVO Rockstars | Ridged D's, A pillar mounts | VKS sliders l Trek Armor seat covers | Superchips/Sprint booster | Savvy half doors w/ Bestop uppers
post #7 of 13 Old 02-23-2015, 09:29 AM
JKowners Vendor

If you have any questions on our RK systems, let us know. We are hear to help! All our 2.5" systems come with true multifunctional rate coils that ride nice, handle well, and perform off-road in our opinion.

Good luck with your builds guys...

RK
post #8 of 13 Old 02-23-2015, 07:40 PM
Granite Guru

Search Metalcloak and Poly performance.

2009 Red Rock Rubi-MetalCloak Gamechanger + armor-37"MTR/K on 17" Birddogs-Teraflex gusset+sleeve-Yukon 5.38-LineX tub-ORH top-Igees-Shrockworks stubby-Warn Powerplant w/Viking synth
Tuffy-Genright rear-River Raider full skid-Tattons-AEV slider-Advance adapters-Poly stuff everywhere-ZERO rockrawler!!!!!! shiiite
post #9 of 13 Old 02-23-2015, 08:28 PM
Rock God

Between the 2 you mention (Rubicon Express and Teraflex), go with Teraflex.

If your still open to other options, look into Synergy and Metalcloak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAPJEEP View Post
Search Metalcloak and Poly performance.

They will have everything you need. Complete kits and great components, you wouldn't go wrong with either or a mix of both.

Metalcloak
http://www.metalcloak.com/

Synergy
http://www.synergymfg.com/Jeep-JK-p-1-c-4055.html

Last edited by -SLADE-; 02-23-2015 at 08:35 PM.
post #10 of 13 Old 02-23-2015, 10:50 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

I took the 2.5" Teraflex lift kit that was on my Jeep when I bought it off and sold it. replaced it with a 3.5" Rubicon Express lift kit and couldn't be happier. I wasn't impressed at all with the Teraflex kit.

2011 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
- 3.5" Rubicon Express lift /w 1.25" BL
- 5.38 Yukon gears
- 40" Pro Comp MT2's
- Lot's of extra's
post #11 of 13 Old 02-24-2015, 06:29 AM
JKO Addict!

For a 2.5" lift you basically really just need to look at the coils as things like bump stops and sway bar links are pretty much the same and you don't see the lift function any different from those items because of the brand.

I would do a search on coils to determine which type you want as there are many brands and types of coils out there. Progressive, dual rate, triple rate. Different types will have different ride characteristics and different lengths so you can dial in the maximum amount of articulation if you need to.

Don't buy a kit that uses drop track bar brackets, drop pitman arms, or cam bolts, there are better ways to solve the geometry issues that will give you better ride and reliability.

Between the two companies you mentioned you could flip a coin and choose. I would do some more research and look into other options but if you were to end up with either I am sure they will allow you to run 35" tires with proper wheel adapters.

Good luck with the build.

Some build info here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[COLOR="Red"]New to jeeps, check this link
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #12 of 13 Old 02-24-2015, 08:46 AM
JKowners Vendor

Along with what Dirtman said, we would also recommend some sort of Caster correction for the front end as once you go over 2" of lift up front, you will notice a slight loss of caster and if you are sensitive to how your vehicle handles it will be a little "looser" than it was in the stock configuration...

RK

Last edited by Rock Krawler Suspension; 02-24-2015 at 08:56 AM.
post #13 of 13 Old 03-19-2015, 09:18 PM
Granite Guru

I have had the TF 2.5" spring lift for a couple years now. So far the only issue I have had was recently got some DW from the rear TB bracket. The bolt at the top had loosed up some and elongated the main mount bolt hole so the whole thing was moving. I had tightened that bolt a couple times but it kept backing out. This last time I just welded the bracket on, that took care of that. Overall I feel it is a great lift. I had an alignment done a couple weeks ago and everything was dialed in perfect. I will probably be replacing the lift soon because I feel I have outgrown the lift, I want adjustable arms for bigger tires. I will probably go with RK or MC, still haven't decided.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode