Front Drive Shafts - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By GRIZZLY47

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 02-17-2015, 10:12 PM Thread Starter

Front Drive Shafts

Looking for advice on front drive shafts for my rubicon unlimited with 4.5 inch lift and 35 in tires. I am leaning towards Adams drive shafts. Any thoughts on Adams or any recommendations besides Adams? Adams or Tom Woods? Please help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 02-17-2015, 10:39 PM
Granite Guru

I just put a Tom Woods front drive line in last weekend. It's a little on pricey but the workmanship was great. Was shipped super fast too, ordered it Friday afternoon and was delivered Tuesday. And that's with them building it too.
post #3 of 20 Old 02-17-2015, 10:50 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for your input. There is a $100 dollar difference between Tom Woods and Adams. I know you get what you pay for but I have heard pretty good things about Adams. Just want to be sure. If Tom Woods are that great I am willing to pay. At the same time if I could save $100 dollars and get just as good performance and durability, why not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 Old 02-18-2015, 12:21 AM
Granite Guru

I have always used Tom Woods and always received a quality product and great customer service from them. They have been around a long time building custom shafts. Aside from Adams also consider Tatton.
post #5 of 20 Old 02-18-2015, 02:54 AM
JKO Addict!

Adams or check out the newer Krawl off road shafts.

2007 JKR | PSC Big bore box | Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor arms l SteerSmarts YETI track bar, tie rod, no drill flipped drag link, Griffin | Synergy frame brace | 37x12.5x17 Nitto RG's | Dana front DS | Fox IFP shocks | Artec front armor kit/Currie JJ's | Teraflex rear axle bracket | EVO Rockstars | Ridged D's, A pillar mounts | VKS sliders l Trek Armor seat covers | Superchips/Sprint booster | Savvy half doors w/ Bestop uppers
post #6 of 20 Old 02-18-2015, 04:09 AM
A JKO DICK

Garage

Running Adams with no problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
What is wrong with stupid people? Never mind
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
If I'm gonna kiss a man, I want it to be hard and rough... not gay!
post #7 of 20 Old 02-18-2015, 05:59 AM
Wheeler

I'll give a vote for JE Reel.....

13 JKU, 21/2" AEV Lift | 35" Duratracs, KMC Wheels | ARB Locker, Rear/Trutrac FR | AEV / Expedition One Bumpers | Warn Winch | Currie Adj Control Arms |Synergy TieRod,Draglink | TrailReady Limiting Straps | EVO Sliders | Rockhard/ AEV Skids | Dynatrac Diff Covers | G2- 4:56 Gears, Chromoly Axle Shafts
post #8 of 20 Old 02-18-2015, 06:10 AM
Rock God

Adams on my JK and LJ and happy with them. No problems. Just make sure you get a good measurement using whatever method the mfg you go with expects.

I have jeeps. I do shit to them.
post #9 of 20 Old 02-18-2015, 06:20 AM
Granite Guru

Similar spec as the OP.

Went with Tom Woods. Great service and advice from them.

Ended up getting the 1350 instead of the 1310 which is overkill for my current setup but will work well in the future when I upgrade around it. Peace of mind.
post #10 of 20 Old 02-18-2015, 06:25 AM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeeper10 View Post
Adams or check out the newer Krawl off road shafts.
Thank you sir!

Yes we build all our shafts in house. We custom build them to the specs of YOUR JK. Our shafts are not a "off the shelf" type shaft. We also use all Spicer joints for a good strong shaft.

Let us know and we will get you taken care of!

-Jason

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phone: 864-437-8029
post #11 of 20 Old 02-18-2015, 07:27 AM
Wheeler

Front Driveshafts

There is a discount for Tom Woods that gets you 10-15% off. I have it at home or can search for it in "modified" forum under Rock Krawler tech support thread, that's where I found it.
post #12 of 20 Old 02-18-2015, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

Can you please post a link to discount. I was unable to find.
post #13 of 20 Old 02-18-2015, 04:29 PM
A JKO DICK

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrawlOff-Road.com View Post
Thank you sir!

Yes we build all our shafts in house. We custom build them to the specs of YOUR JK. Our shafts are not a "off the shelf" type shaft. We also use all Spicer joints for a good strong shaft.

-Jason
Your shafts look interesting. Seems like the 1350 front would allow for more caster than most. Do they use sealed or greaseable joints?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
What is wrong with stupid people? Never mind
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
If I'm gonna kiss a man, I want it to be hard and rough... not gay!
post #14 of 20 Old 02-18-2015, 04:43 PM
JKO Addict!

That's one thing I'm still not grasping.
How a 1350 joint can operate at a steeper angle.

2007 JKR | PSC Big bore box | Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor arms l SteerSmarts YETI track bar, tie rod, no drill flipped drag link, Griffin | Synergy frame brace | 37x12.5x17 Nitto RG's | Dana front DS | Fox IFP shocks | Artec front armor kit/Currie JJ's | Teraflex rear axle bracket | EVO Rockstars | Ridged D's, A pillar mounts | VKS sliders l Trek Armor seat covers | Superchips/Sprint booster | Savvy half doors w/ Bestop uppers
post #15 of 20 Old 02-18-2015, 05:16 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by asalas87 View Post
Can you please post a link to discount. I was unable to find.
The discount code is "RKD25"
post #16 of 20 Old 02-23-2015, 12:08 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrawlOff-Road.com View Post
Thank you sir!

-Jason
Interested in the difference of maximum angle as well.. Is that just how they are built or do all 1350 double cardon joints allow this?
post #17 of 20 Old 02-23-2015, 03:45 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

get a Woody FTW & not wondering about quality ; nothing wrong w/ Adams or Tatton but Tom Woods takes care of his customers , even emailing me all manner of useful insight and help personally while I was awaiting delivery and even checked in w/ me a month or so after I had installed it simply to follow-up w/ a customer . Who the f*ck does that anymore ?!
plus , the shafts I replaced my OEM turd nuggets w/are works of mechanical art that I grease once or twice a year and never have to think about aside from those maintenance sessions . I'd buy from them again and highly recommend ....

post #18 of 20 Old 02-23-2015, 05:22 PM
Rock God

Vote for Oliver's driveshaft here

2010 4-DOOR MOUNTAIN
post #19 of 20 Old 02-23-2015, 09:12 PM
Granite Guru

I bought JE Reel for my 2 door. Had a bad vibration after installing. I took them to a local driveshaft shop. they had to cut one apart and reweld because it was so crooked. Both shafts where way out of balance. Cost me $87 to fix what should have been a good set of shafts.

EVO King Coil overs on front 3.5" Rock Krawler springs Radflo shocks on rear, RK Long Arm, ARB Stubby front, DNA rear winch bumper, 37" Super Swamper M16 on Raceline Monster Beadlocks, Rockhard 4X4 cage......
post #20 of 20 Old 02-24-2015, 06:40 AM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASSFROW View Post
Your shafts look interesting. Seems like the 1350 front would allow for more caster than most. Do they use sealed or greaseable joints?
Thank you. Yes they are greaseable.

The reason on 1350's have a higher operating angle is because the joint is larger, more heavy duty. This not only makes the hardware larger (to take more abuse) but also allows from more room in the joint. This allows the joint to be able to operate at a stepper angle. Our 1350's have a operating angle of 32* and our 1310 has a operating angle of 23*.

-Jason

:

Phone: 864-437-8029
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode