Full Traction?? PLease contact me ASAP - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 47 Old 07-05-2008, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Send a message via Yahoo to vegasjeep
Full Traction?? PLease contact me ASAP

I need someone to contact me ASAP

I have an issue that has come up. Not very happy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 Old 07-05-2008, 09:25 PM
JKO Addict!

Have you tried calling them? Or maybe calling on monday?
It is midnight saturday you know.
post #3 of 47 Old 07-05-2008, 09:37 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcdoc14 View Post
Have you tried calling them? Or maybe calling on monday?
It is midnight saturday you know.
they browse these boards.

With less then 1k miles on an ultimate kit it is now undriveable with bushings that are wasted on the insert side of almost EVERY arm.

lucky it is my jeep and not a customers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 47 Old 07-05-2008, 10:11 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasjeep View Post
they browse these boards.

With less then 1k miles on an ultimate kit it is now undriveable with bushings that are wasted on the insert side of almost EVERY arm.

lucky it is my jeep and not a customers.
uppers or lowers? Are you talking the adjustable "johnny joint" bushings or the "normal" urathene bushings? If it is the uppers (adjustable) what did you preload them to?
post #5 of 47 Old 07-05-2008, 10:11 PM
Granite Guru

You will have a really hard time getting a call back from them. They MUST be really busy. Call Patrick daily and you will finally get what you need. It's good stuff, just takes a little time to get your stuff.
post #6 of 47 Old 07-05-2008, 11:28 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcdoc14 View Post
uppers or lowers? Are you talking the adjustable "johnny joint" bushings or the "normal" urathene bushings? If it is the uppers (adjustable) what did you preload them to?
THe normal urethane bushings.
post #7 of 47 Old 07-06-2008, 07:33 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
THe normal urethane bushings.
Full Traction uses Vecton for their bushings. Do you have some pictures of your issue?
post #8 of 47 Old 07-06-2008, 08:42 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8it View Post
Full Traction uses Vecton for their bushings. Do you have some pictures of your issue?
will be disassembled later this afternoon in which ill have plenty of pics and video for you. With 3/4" play forward and back on numerous control arms there is nothing else it can be.

Rather sad. I know of other companies that have had this problem as well.

Whatever they are using it is not up to be used where it is being used.
post #9 of 47 Old 07-06-2008, 09:30 AM

Is this the second Full Traction product complaint?
post #10 of 47 Old 07-06-2008, 09:55 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Whatever they are using it is not up to be used where it is being used.
What "Vecton" (aka nylon) is not good? It is the same as the high temp nylon used for kitchen utensils. So it should be good enough for a bushing. They used the same material on their TJ bushings. That must have been an exciting drive back to the shop! I hope you do not have any hole elongation in the control arm brackets. That would be easy to fix, but a PITA.

I have mine up on the jacks today. I need to adjust my rear control arms and track bar and install PP rear shock relocation brackets. So I will be able to take a good look at my bushings today also.
post #11 of 47 Old 07-06-2008, 09:57 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustoff '68 View Post
Is this the second Full Traction product complaint?
If only that was true....
post #12 of 47 Old 07-06-2008, 10:05 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8it View Post
What "Vecton" (aka nylon) is not good? It is the same as the high temp nylon used for kitchen utensils. So it should be good enough for a bushing. They used the same material on their TJ bushings. That must have been an exciting drive back to the shop! I hope you do not have any hole elongation in the control arm brackets. That would be easy to fix, but a PITA.

I have mine up on the jacks today. I need to adjust my rear control arms and track bar and install PP rear shock relocation brackets. So I will be able to take a good look at my bushings today also.
Yes, very squirmy. I hope that the bolts did not get pulled and pushed to much before parking it. I really do hope so.
I am now looking for another kit as to what are they gonna replace the crap with? more crap? I drive and I mean dirve alot. 40k miles a year. I cannot imagine having to replace my bushings every week. LOL not to mention everything else it ruins. This is just plain BS

to make matters much much worse. I was suppost to leave this morning for the Rubicon with some friends. 2 of us from vegas and a few form other parts of the country. Scheduling time off for a trip you cannot make sure sucks
post #13 of 47 Old 07-07-2008, 10:55 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
I am now looking for another kit as to what are they gonna replace the crap with? more crap?
I have the the Teraflex control arms and haven't had any issues for the six months they have been installed. I'm sure the Poly arms are great as well.

Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever.
post #14 of 47 Old 07-07-2008, 12:21 PM
Granite Guru

Find some arms with rubber bushings. You will be a lot happier.

Shaffers OffRoad Rocks!

Other Companies that have treated me right!
Poly Performance
Rubicon Express
Trailready
Novak Adapters
Mastercraft
Centerforce
Dynatrac
and KC Hilites
post #15 of 47 Old 07-07-2008, 03:17 PM
Granite Guru

The rubicon express kit I installed rode very nice. They use that johnny joint and rubber bushings. Nice kit.

I will not sell full traction without informing the customer of poor bushings and sqeaks. Just the way it is.

2008 Stone White 2DR X
Cutsom TJ front 2" springs with 2 spacers
Teraflex rear 3" 4dr. springs heated so they actually sit 3" on my 2dr
Custom rear shock mounts
285x75 R16 Treadwright MTRs Yeah they rock soon to be 315x70 R16
Xenon Narrow Flares
Woods Steering Stabilzer Bracket
Teraflex rear driveline
Mopar Frt bumper made Stubby
KC Slimlites
Bikini Top
Custom exhaust - Flowmaster single chamber with Woods tail pipe
Lots of Beer Consumption
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #16 of 47 Old 07-07-2008, 08:03 PM
Rock God

surely there isn't a problem with full traction bushings! eddie, piginajeep and all the moderators at jk-forum have all had their full traction lifts on for a year without a single problem!

they claim you just have to grease the hell out of them and torque the hell out of them and the noises go away.

apparently one must be an employee of jk-forum to know how to do this properly.

oh, and good luck with contacting anyone at full traction. they rarely answer the phone and it is even more rare for them to answer an e-mail.

you might get a response at jk-forum, but if you post this over there, be ready to have all the moderators jump down your throat while coming to the defense of full traction!

Last edited by mcnaught6; 07-07-2008 at 08:05 PM.
post #17 of 47 Old 07-07-2008, 08:18 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnaught6 View Post
surely there isn't a problem with full traction bushings! eddie, piginajeep and all the moderators at jk-forum have all had their full traction lifts on for a year without a single problem!

they claim you just have to grease the hell out of them and torque the hell out of them and the noises go away.

oh, and good luck with contacting anyone at full traction. they rarely answer the phone and it is even more rare for them to answer an e-mail.

you might get a response at jk-forum, but if you post this over there, be ready to have all the moderators jump down your throat while coming to the defense of full traction!
I was banned from their on day two! I mentioned a bad place or something
post #18 of 47 Old 07-07-2008, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

I did however call full traction and potentially have a resolution to my problem. Got a return call within an hour.
post #19 of 47 Old 07-08-2008, 09:19 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:

Yeah you can grease the hell out of them and torque the hell out of them but this is not right IMO. They push Full Traction because they probably got a great deal on it and FT supports that board. People like Poly and Rubicon Express don't need that crap because their products are plan better. My $.02

2008 Stone White 2DR X
Cutsom TJ front 2" springs with 2 spacers
Teraflex rear 3" 4dr. springs heated so they actually sit 3" on my 2dr
Custom rear shock mounts
285x75 R16 Treadwright MTRs Yeah they rock soon to be 315x70 R16
Xenon Narrow Flares
Woods Steering Stabilzer Bracket
Teraflex rear driveline
Mopar Frt bumper made Stubby
KC Slimlites
Bikini Top
Custom exhaust - Flowmaster single chamber with Woods tail pipe
Lots of Beer Consumption
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #20 of 47 Old 07-08-2008, 01:42 PM
Rock God

no need to bring the other forum into this. The issue is with FT, not JK-forum...

2006 LJ - current
2007 4dr Rubicon - sold Project- JK
2007 2dr X - sold JK-forum
post #21 of 47 Old 07-14-2008, 04:54 PM
lbh
Rock God

How was the Customer Service at Full-Traction? Did they scream and cuss you out? Just curious. Glad you got the problem solved.

2007 JK
post #22 of 47 Old 07-17-2008, 09:29 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Just for the sake of accuracy: Eddie has NOT run one Full Traction kit for the last year. He has had two different FT kits and is now running Teraflex kit. So, I would HIGHLY suggest going straight to Full Traction - start with Patrick (very good guy) and have him hook you up with the technical guys. If you can't get Patrick, then I would reach out to who sold you the lift (and the installer if it's not you) and bring them into it.

Patrick is not on this site, but can be easily reached through PM on the "other" site. Or call him. Don't waste your time with the Full Traction website email.

Dirty Minion #6

Last edited by dayton1999; 07-17-2008 at 09:32 AM.
post #23 of 47 Old 07-17-2008, 09:34 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbh View Post
How was the Customer Service at Full-Traction? Did they scream and cuss you out? Just curious. Glad you got the problem solved.
For the record, I have had nothing but GREAT customer service since day one with Full Traction. I got my kit and extras from David at Northridge and between David, Patrick at FT, and Mel at ORE I've had great service!

Dirty Minion #6
post #24 of 47 Old 07-17-2008, 09:52 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
I did however call full traction and potentially have a resolution to my problem. Got a return call within an hour.

Sooooo What was the resolution to your problem, for those of us that have FT lifts and may run in to this problem?

Red Rock Rubicon 2007.
post #25 of 47 Old 07-17-2008, 12:14 PM
Openly Hostile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayton1999 View Post
Just for the sake of accuracy: Eddie has NOT run one Full Traction kit for the last year. He has had two different FT kits and is now running Teraflex kit. So, I would HIGHLY suggest going straight to Full Traction - start with Patrick (very good guy) and have him hook you up with the technical guys. If you can't get Patrick, then I would reach out to who sold you the lift (and the installer if it's not you) and bring them into it.

Patrick is not on this site, but can be easily reached through PM on the "other" site. Or call him. Don't waste your time with the Full Traction website email.
Actually, He had the same arms and track bars through out, when he moved up to the 4" one he changed springs, and added a drop pitman arm. I know from personal experience - helping him on more than one occasion grease his joints. He also replaced the ends on one side of the upper control arms (I cannot remember it it was all four) at one point. I think it was when FT came out with their new end that is very similar to Curries Johnny Joints. He uses this really heavy duty green Lithium grease (as do I) that works really well - I get it from David at Northridge. The only real bummer with FT's stuff is that they don't come with grease fittings and you have to do a little extra work to grease stuff. I know that after taking the assembly joints apart on his and greasing them well it was completely quiet.

I grease the arms in my Currie kit every few months, it may be overkill, but it takes me all of 30 minutes to do all of it, and I look at it as good preventative maintenance and my arms never make noise.

Jason
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode