Lights: Halo or Gaylo - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
View Poll Results: What do you think of Halo headlights on a Jeep?
Halo lights look great 8 9.20%
Halo lights look gay 54 62.07%
I don't care 17 19.54%
Bacon 36 41.38%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 90 Old 02-17-2015, 06:12 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!
 
BigMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: GA
Age: 56
Posts: 3,341
Garage
Feedback: 1 reviews
Lights: Halo or Gaylo



I've seen a few mall crawlers around town with them. WTF are people thinking?


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Granite,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles

Last edited by BigMike; 02-17-2015 at 06:14 AM.
BigMike is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 90 Old 02-17-2015, 07:50 AM
Rock God
 
Victim Of Pain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Age: 51
Posts: 1,397
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews

Gay and Bacon should be an option together....

2008 JKU Rubicon. 2.5" Rock Krawler Stock Mod lift, 35x12.50x15 Cooper STT's on Pro-Comp D-windows, 5:13 gears, Uconnect Microphone mod, Husky Floor Liners, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, Hitch mounted D-Ring, Rancho Oil Pan Skid, Skid Row Evap Can Skid, and a Rugged Ridge Front Skid. Solid Diff Covers front and rear. Rock Slide Engineering Sliders.
Victim Of Pain is offline  
post #3 of 90 Old 02-17-2015, 07:58 AM
Granite Guru
 
Hartj17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Dripping Springs, Texas
Age: 44
Posts: 400
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victim Of Pain View Post
Gay and Bacon should be an option together....
but bacon is too good to be gay!!!
Hartj17 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 90 Old 02-17-2015, 08:04 AM
Rock God
 
Victim Of Pain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Age: 51
Posts: 1,397
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartj17 View Post
but bacon is too good to be gay!!!

Agreed, but lights are so gay I couldn't leave that out. And can never leave bacon out... It was a hard choice.

2008 JKU Rubicon. 2.5" Rock Krawler Stock Mod lift, 35x12.50x15 Cooper STT's on Pro-Comp D-windows, 5:13 gears, Uconnect Microphone mod, Husky Floor Liners, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, Hitch mounted D-Ring, Rancho Oil Pan Skid, Skid Row Evap Can Skid, and a Rugged Ridge Front Skid. Solid Diff Covers front and rear. Rock Slide Engineering Sliders.
Victim Of Pain is offline  
post #5 of 90 Old 02-17-2015, 09:10 AM
Rock God
 
2Door's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 979
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victim Of Pain View Post
Gay and Bacon should be an option together....
You know you can vote for more than one option right?

2011 Sahara Tan 2dr Rubicon
Rock Krawler Stock Mod w/ Fox Evolution 2.0's - 36 X 12.5 X 15" Interco TSL's on Black Steel wheels - Rock Krawler track bars front and back - Poison Spyder Customs BFH front bumper w/ Brawler bar - Warn HS9500i winch w/ synthetic rope - Trail Head Deflators - Viair 440P Compressor Instagram: jeepethan
2Door is offline  
post #6 of 90 Old 02-17-2015, 12:12 PM
A JKO DICK
 
ASSFROW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Mt. Airy, MD
Age: 49
Posts: 3,677
Garage
Feedback: 1 reviews

I don't care that Halo lights look gay and......................BACON!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
What is wrong with stupid people? Never mind
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
If I'm gonna kiss a man, I want it to be hard and rough... not gay!
ASSFROW is offline  
post #7 of 90 Old 02-17-2015, 12:32 PM
Wheeler
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Age: 45
Posts: 62
Feedback: 0 reviews

Why isn't J-Lo an option here? J-Lo would look f*ck*ng AWESOME on a Jeep! Especially mine. Naked. With bacon...

2013 COMMANDO GREEN
6-Speed, A/C, 3.73's
Support the 2nd Amendment - It's your right!
MOLON LABE
Scott2373 is offline  
post #8 of 90 Old 02-17-2015, 07:46 PM
Wheeler
 
WanderingJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Central Arkansas
Age: 46
Posts: 30
Feedback: 0 reviews

I've seen some on JK's that looked pretty cool - I could see it for a "themed" Jeep build. Not for me though, I've got way more important mods I need to budget for...

2012 Black Forest Green JK Sahara "Artemis"
WanderingJK is offline  
post #9 of 90 Old 02-17-2015, 08:26 PM
Rock God
 
greenmeanie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Age: 43
Posts: 1,145
Garage
Feedback: 10 reviews

Halos are with a dash of <8.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


JOIN THE NRA NOW!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
greenmeanie is offline  
post #10 of 90 Old 02-18-2015, 10:17 AM
JKO Dickhead
 
Asmmns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Southcoast, MASS
Age: 44
Posts: 3,522
Garage
Feedback: 6 reviews

I wish I had more hands.... so I could give halo lights four thumbs down !

Seriously. we should be able to vote multiple times !

__________________
CURE SMA !

Building a capable off road Jeep is easy...building a street legal one that you can drive two hours away to wheel and then drive to work the following morning is the challenge...
Asmmns is offline  
post #11 of 90 Old 02-18-2015, 10:59 AM
JKO Addict!
 
Jaybee1669's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Age: 46
Posts: 2,507
Garage
Feedback: 2 reviews

run what you like. I wouldn't put them on mine, but i don't know that i would go so far as to call them full on gay.

I think this thing is finally coming together. Still Needed: drive shafts, frame mount rails...then done son! For a while...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jaybee1669 is offline  
post #12 of 90 Old 02-18-2015, 09:28 PM
Wheeler
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Age: 39
Posts: 12
Feedback: 0 reviews

Gay? Really? They may look ridiculous to some, but to use words like gay, retarded, etc is so ignorant and disrespectful in today's day and age. i guess stock setups are "so straight", Huh?

Last edited by Randy5280; 02-18-2015 at 09:33 PM.
Randy5280 is offline  
post #13 of 90 Old 02-18-2015, 09:44 PM
JKO Dickhead
 
Asmmns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Southcoast, MASS
Age: 44
Posts: 3,522
Garage
Feedback: 6 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy5280 View Post
Gay? Really? They may look ridiculous to some, but to use words like gay, retarded, etc is so ignorant and disrespectful in today's day and age. i guess stock setups are "so straight", Huh?
Lighten up francis !

It may not be politically correct but I cant find a better word to describe them !

__________________
CURE SMA !

Building a capable off road Jeep is easy...building a street legal one that you can drive two hours away to wheel and then drive to work the following morning is the challenge...
Asmmns is offline  
post #14 of 90 Old 02-18-2015, 09:46 PM
Super Moderator
 
StubEXrube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Austin Texas
Posts: 15,341
Garage
Feedback: 5 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy5280 View Post
Gay? Really? They may look ridiculous to some, but to use words like gay, retarded, etc is so ignorant and disrespectful in today's day and age. i guess stock setups are "so straight", Huh?
Well.... You're the only one that used the word "retarded" so you might want to consider those people that might take offense to you bringing up THAT particular word.

I don't find the word "gay" to be all that offensive in most contexts. I mean... fuck! Have you seen my Valentines Day posts? Now THOSE are full on gay!

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
StubEXrube is offline  
post #15 of 90 Old 02-18-2015, 09:49 PM
Wheeler
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Age: 39
Posts: 12
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmmns View Post
Lighten up francis !

It may not be politically correct but I cant find a better word to describe them !
It's not a matter of political correctness, its a matter of respect. If you can't manage to utter the words "looks terrible," "looks, disgusting," etc because its too much effort, than its not a matter of being able to describe them differently, its a matter of equating negative connotations with the word gay, which just screams underlying homophobia above all else. Do yourself a favor and remove the word gay from your vocabulary if you don't truly understand the word.
Randy5280 is offline  
post #16 of 90 Old 02-18-2015, 09:49 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
 
JKCTAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: AZ
Age: 44
Posts: 8,957
Feedback: 2 reviews

^^^^



Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
JKCTAZ is offline  
post #17 of 90 Old 02-18-2015, 09:52 PM
Wheeler
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Age: 39
Posts: 12
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Well.... You're the only one that used the word "retarded" so you might want to consider those people that might take offense to you bringing up THAT particular word.

I don't find the word "gay" to be all that offensive in most contexts. I mean... fuck! Have you seen my Valentines Day posts? Now THOSE are full on gay!
I didn't call anyone or anything retarded, in fact, I was discouraging the use of the words gay and retarded and other slurs that are often used with negative connotations to refer to something unrelated to the words themselves.
Randy5280 is offline  
post #18 of 90 Old 02-18-2015, 09:56 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
 
JKCTAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: AZ
Age: 44
Posts: 8,957
Feedback: 2 reviews

Friendly advice, lighten up. Coming into this forum with a few posts and immediately trying to be the PC police won't really work out well. Just chill. I have custom projector headlights with shrouds painted to match the vehicle and the wheels on my Jeep and even I find halos to be rather goofy because they don't add any functional purpose to a purpose driven vehicle. I will say that I have seen switch back halos that go from bright white DRL's to a functional turn signal, those would be welcome. The rainbow colors, GTFO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
JKCTAZ is offline  
post #19 of 90 Old 02-18-2015, 09:59 PM
JKO Dickhead
 
Asmmns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Southcoast, MASS
Age: 44
Posts: 3,522
Garage
Feedback: 6 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy5280 View Post
It's not a matter of political correctness, its a matter of respect. If you can't manage to utter the words "looks terrible," "looks, disgusting," etc because its too much effort, than its not a matter of being able to describe them differently, its a matter of equating negative connotations with the word gay, which just screams underlying homophobia above all else. Do yourself a favor and remove the word gay from your vocabulary if you don't truly understand the word.
If it makes you feel better that I am not a homophobe, I would rather taste a penis than have halo lights on my jeep !

__________________
CURE SMA !

Building a capable off road Jeep is easy...building a street legal one that you can drive two hours away to wheel and then drive to work the following morning is the challenge...
Asmmns is offline  
post #20 of 90 Old 02-18-2015, 10:01 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
 
JKCTAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: AZ
Age: 44
Posts: 8,957
Feedback: 2 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmmns View Post
If it makes you feel better that I am not a homophobe, I would rather taste a penis than have halo lights on my jeep !
I forwarded this quote to Esteban. He bought you pink halos...

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
JKCTAZ is offline  
post #21 of 90 Old 02-18-2015, 10:01 PM
Wheeler
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Age: 39
Posts: 12
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKCTAZ View Post
Friendly advice, lighten up. Coming into this forum with a few posts and immediately trying to be the PC police won't really work out well. Just chill. I have custom projector headlights with shrouds painted to match the vehicle and the wheels on my Jeep and even I find halos to be rather goofy because they don't add any functional purpose to a purpose driven vehicle. I will say that I have seen switch back halos that go from bright white DRL's to a functional turn signal, those would be welcome. The rainbow colors, GTFO.

I'm not trying to be the PC police and I could care less about being new to the site and risking a reputation. If I overheard a grown man at the auto parts store or a kid at the mall saying something like, "that's so gay," I'm going to say something. When you've known someone who has hurt themselves over the negative words people use, you realize the good in telling people when they're flat out wrong. They're not words to describe things in a negative manner. Call a homosexual gay and it's fine, call something you don't like gay, and you've sent a different message. That's my point.
Randy5280 is offline  
post #22 of 90 Old 02-18-2015, 10:03 PM
JKO Dickhead
 
Asmmns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Southcoast, MASS
Age: 44
Posts: 3,522
Garage
Feedback: 6 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy5280 View Post
I'm not trying to be the PC police and I could care less about being new to the site and risking a reputation. If I overheard a grown man at the auto parts store or a kid at the mall saying something like, "that's so gay," I'm going to say something. When you've known someone who has hurt themselves over the negative words people use, you realize the good in telling people when they're flat out wrong. They're not words to describe things in a negative manner. Call a homosexual gay and it's fine, call something you don't like gay, and you've sent a different message. That's my point.
I would never call a homosexual gay.. I like homosexuals... its halos I detest !

__________________
CURE SMA !

Building a capable off road Jeep is easy...building a street legal one that you can drive two hours away to wheel and then drive to work the following morning is the challenge...
Asmmns is offline  
post #23 of 90 Old 02-18-2015, 10:05 PM
JKO Dickhead
 
Asmmns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Southcoast, MASS
Age: 44
Posts: 3,522
Garage
Feedback: 6 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKCTAZ View Post
I forwarded this quote to Esteban. He bought you pink halos...
don't forget Estaban has commented on my pics on here and even suggested I enter the DILF contest as I was assured his vote ! but thanks bud !

__________________
CURE SMA !

Building a capable off road Jeep is easy...building a street legal one that you can drive two hours away to wheel and then drive to work the following morning is the challenge...
Asmmns is offline  
post #24 of 90 Old 02-18-2015, 10:07 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
 
JKCTAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: AZ
Age: 44
Posts: 8,957
Feedback: 2 reviews

Dear Captain Sensitive,

My best friend of almost twenty years is gay, he doesn't correlate the word "gay" when used like that with offense towards his community and preference. It is a context biased sentiment. Even he wouldn't own a vehicle with cheesy aftermarket halo headlights because he has far better taste than that. Some battles are worth fighting, that is one that isn't. This thread is making me gay, it's a little chilly outside so I should grab a faggot and stoke up the fire.

Love,

Someone who thinks you're being far too serious on a public forum full of dudes who are not homophobes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
JKCTAZ is offline  
post #25 of 90 Old 02-18-2015, 10:16 PM
Super Moderator
 
StubEXrube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Austin Texas
Posts: 15,341
Garage
Feedback: 5 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy5280 View Post
I didn't call anyone or anything retarded, in fact, I was discouraging the use of the words gay and retarded and other slurs that are often used with negative connotations to refer to something unrelated to the words themselves.
I understand that. That's why I said that other people might take offense to you just throwing that word out there.

See... If I said:

"Please don't use words like horse-fucker, or Chris, or freak, or Allan"... then maybe Chris might come into the conversation and say "Hey... Are you comparing me to that freaky horse-fucking, Allan???" I would then have to tell him "Whoops... I'm sorry... I didn't mean to lump you in with the likes of those kinds of folks". I think you see what I'm saying.

Anyway... censorship isn't something that I particularly care for. There will always be non-politically correct phrases words, terms, and phrases that are going to be thrown around in life and on the internet. Just the way that it is.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
StubEXrube is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome