Lights: Halo or Gaylo - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
View Poll Results: What do you think of Halo headlights on a Jeep?
Halo lights look great 8 9.20%
Halo lights look gay 54 62.07%
I don't care 17 19.54%
Bacon 36 41.38%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 90 Old 02-17-2015, 06:12 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
Lights: Halo or Gaylo

I've seen a few mall crawlers around town with them. WTF are people thinking?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Granite,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles

Last edited by BigMike; 02-17-2015 at 06:14 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 90 Old 02-17-2015, 07:50 AM
Rock God

Garage

Gay and Bacon should be an option together....

2008 JKU Rubicon. 2.5" Rock Krawler Stock Mod lift, 35x12.50x15 Cooper STT's on Pro-Comp D-windows, 5:13 gears, Uconnect Microphone mod, Husky Floor Liners, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, Hitch mounted D-Ring, Rancho Oil Pan Skid, Skid Row Evap Can Skid, and a Rugged Ridge Front Skid. Solid Diff Covers front and rear. Rock Slide Engineering Sliders.
post #3 of 90 Old 02-17-2015, 07:58 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victim Of Pain View Post
but bacon is too good to be gay!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 90 Old 02-17-2015, 08:04 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartj17 View Post
but bacon is too good to be gay!!!

Agreed, but lights are so gay I couldn't leave that out. And can never leave bacon out... It was a hard choice.

2008 JKU Rubicon. 2.5" Rock Krawler Stock Mod lift, 35x12.50x15 Cooper STT's on Pro-Comp D-windows, 5:13 gears, Uconnect Microphone mod, Husky Floor Liners, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, Hitch mounted D-Ring, Rancho Oil Pan Skid, Skid Row Evap Can Skid, and a Rugged Ridge Front Skid. Solid Diff Covers front and rear. Rock Slide Engineering Sliders.
post #5 of 90 Old 02-17-2015, 09:10 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victim Of Pain View Post
You know you can vote for more than one option right?

2011 Sahara Tan 2dr Rubicon
Rock Krawler Stock Mod w/ Fox Evolution 2.0's - 36 X 12.5 X 15" Interco TSL's on Black Steel wheels - Rock Krawler track bars front and back - Poison Spyder Customs BFH front bumper w/ Brawler bar - Warn HS9500i winch w/ synthetic rope - Trail Head Deflators - Viair 440P Compressor Instagram: jeepethan
post #6 of 90 Old 02-17-2015, 12:12 PM
A JKO DICK

Garage

I don't care that Halo lights look gay and......................BACON!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
What is wrong with stupid people? Never mind
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
If I'm gonna kiss a man, I want it to be hard and rough... not gay!
post #7 of 90 Old 02-17-2015, 12:32 PM
Wheeler

Why isn't J-Lo an option here? J-Lo would look f*ck*ng AWESOME on a Jeep! Especially mine. Naked. With bacon...

2013 COMMANDO GREEN
6-Speed, A/C, 3.73's
Support the 2nd Amendment - It's your right!
MOLON LABE
post #8 of 90 Old 02-17-2015, 07:46 PM
Wheeler

I've seen some on JK's that looked pretty cool - I could see it for a "themed" Jeep build. Not for me though, I've got way more important mods I need to budget for...

2012 Black Forest Green JK Sahara "Artemis"
post #9 of 90 Old 02-17-2015, 08:26 PM
Rock God

Garage

Halos are with a dash of <8.

JOIN THE NRA NOW!

post #10 of 90 Old 02-18-2015, 10:17 AM
JKO Dickhead

Garage

I wish I had more hands.... so I could give halo lights four thumbs down !

Seriously. we should be able to vote multiple times !

Building a capable off road Jeep is easy...building a street legal one that you can drive two hours away to wheel and then drive to work the following morning is the challenge...
post #11 of 90 Old 02-18-2015, 10:59 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

run what you like. I wouldn't put them on mine, but i don't know that i would go so far as to call them full on gay.

I think this thing is finally coming together. Still Needed: drive shafts, frame mount rails...then done son! For a while...
post #12 of 90 Old 02-18-2015, 09:28 PM
Wheeler

Gay? Really? They may look ridiculous to some, but to use words like gay, retarded, etc is so ignorant and disrespectful in today's day and age. i guess stock setups are "so straight", Huh?

Last edited by Randy5280; 02-18-2015 at 09:33 PM.
post #13 of 90 Old 02-18-2015, 09:44 PM
JKO Dickhead

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy5280 View Post
Gay? Really? They may look ridiculous to some, but to use words like gay, retarded, etc is so ignorant and disrespectful in today's day and age. i guess stock setups are "so straight", Huh?
Lighten up francis !

It may not be politically correct but I cant find a better word to describe them !

Building a capable off road Jeep is easy...building a street legal one that you can drive two hours away to wheel and then drive to work the following morning is the challenge...
post #14 of 90 Old 02-18-2015, 09:46 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Well.... You're the only one that used the word "retarded" so you might want to consider those people that might take offense to you bringing up THAT particular word.

I don't find the word "gay" to be all that offensive in most contexts. I mean... fuck! Have you seen my Valentines Day posts? Now THOSE are full on gay!

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #15 of 90 Old 02-18-2015, 09:49 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmmns View Post
Lighten up francis !

It may not be politically correct but I cant find a better word to describe them !
It's not a matter of political correctness, its a matter of respect. If you can't manage to utter the words "looks terrible," "looks, disgusting," etc because its too much effort, than its not a matter of being able to describe them differently, its a matter of equating negative connotations with the word gay, which just screams underlying homophobia above all else. Do yourself a favor and remove the word gay from your vocabulary if you don't truly understand the word.
post #16 of 90 Old 02-18-2015, 09:49 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

^^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #17 of 90 Old 02-18-2015, 09:52 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Well.... You're the only one that used the word "retarded" so you might want to consider those people that might take offense to you bringing up THAT particular word.

I don't find the word "gay" to be all that offensive in most contexts. I mean... fuck! Have you seen my Valentines Day posts? Now THOSE are full on gay!
I didn't call anyone or anything retarded, in fact, I was discouraging the use of the words gay and retarded and other slurs that are often used with negative connotations to refer to something unrelated to the words themselves.
post #18 of 90 Old 02-18-2015, 09:56 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Friendly advice, lighten up. Coming into this forum with a few posts and immediately trying to be the PC police won't really work out well. Just chill. I have custom projector headlights with shrouds painted to match the vehicle and the wheels on my Jeep and even I find halos to be rather goofy because they don't add any functional purpose to a purpose driven vehicle. I will say that I have seen switch back halos that go from bright white DRL's to a functional turn signal, those would be welcome. The rainbow colors, GTFO.

Quote:
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
post #19 of 90 Old 02-18-2015, 09:59 PM
JKO Dickhead

Garage

Quote:
It's not a matter of political correctness, its a matter of respect. If you can't manage to utter the words "looks terrible," "looks, disgusting," etc because its too much effort, than its not a matter of being able to describe them differently, its a matter of equating negative connotations with the word gay, which just screams underlying homophobia above all else. Do yourself a favor and remove the word gay from your vocabulary if you don't truly understand the word.
If it makes you feel better that I am not a homophobe, I would rather taste a penis than have halo lights on my jeep !

post #20 of 90 Old 02-18-2015, 10:01 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmmns View Post
If it makes you feel better that I am not a homophobe, I would rather taste a penis than have halo lights on my jeep !
I forwarded this quote to Esteban. He bought you pink halos...

Quote:
post #21 of 90 Old 02-18-2015, 10:01 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKCTAZ View Post
Friendly advice, lighten up. Coming into this forum with a few posts and immediately trying to be the PC police won't really work out well. Just chill. I have custom projector headlights with shrouds painted to match the vehicle and the wheels on my Jeep and even I find halos to be rather goofy because they don't add any functional purpose to a purpose driven vehicle. I will say that I have seen switch back halos that go from bright white DRL's to a functional turn signal, those would be welcome. The rainbow colors, GTFO.

I'm not trying to be the PC police and I could care less about being new to the site and risking a reputation. If I overheard a grown man at the auto parts store or a kid at the mall saying something like, "that's so gay," I'm going to say something. When you've known someone who has hurt themselves over the negative words people use, you realize the good in telling people when they're flat out wrong. They're not words to describe things in a negative manner. Call a homosexual gay and it's fine, call something you don't like gay, and you've sent a different message. That's my point.
post #22 of 90 Old 02-18-2015, 10:03 PM
JKO Dickhead

Garage

Quote:
I'm not trying to be the PC police and I could care less about being new to the site and risking a reputation. If I overheard a grown man at the auto parts store or a kid at the mall saying something like, "that's so gay," I'm going to say something. When you've known someone who has hurt themselves over the negative words people use, you realize the good in telling people when they're flat out wrong. They're not words to describe things in a negative manner. Call a homosexual gay and it's fine, call something you don't like gay, and you've sent a different message. That's my point.
I would never call a homosexual gay.. I like homosexuals... its halos I detest !

post #23 of 90 Old 02-18-2015, 10:05 PM
JKO Dickhead

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKCTAZ View Post
I forwarded this quote to Esteban. He bought you pink halos...
don't forget Estaban has commented on my pics on here and even suggested I enter the DILF contest as I was assured his vote ! but thanks bud !

post #24 of 90 Old 02-18-2015, 10:07 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Dear Captain Sensitive,

My best friend of almost twenty years is gay, he doesn't correlate the word "gay" when used like that with offense towards his community and preference. It is a context biased sentiment. Even he wouldn't own a vehicle with cheesy aftermarket halo headlights because he has far better taste than that. Some battles are worth fighting, that is one that isn't. This thread is making me gay, it's a little chilly outside so I should grab a faggot and stoke up the fire.

Love,

Someone who thinks you're being far too serious on a public forum full of dudes who are not homophobes.

Quote:
post #25 of 90 Old 02-18-2015, 10:16 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
I didn't call anyone or anything retarded, in fact, I was discouraging the use of the words gay and retarded and other slurs that are often used with negative connotations to refer to something unrelated to the words themselves.
I understand that. That's why I said that other people might take offense to you just throwing that word out there.

See... If I said:

"Please don't use words like horse-fucker, or Chris, or freak, or Allan"... then maybe Chris might come into the conversation and say "Hey... Are you comparing me to that freaky horse-fucking, Allan???" I would then have to tell him "Whoops... I'm sorry... I didn't mean to lump you in with the likes of those kinds of folks". I think you see what I'm saying.

Anyway... censorship isn't something that I particularly care for. There will always be non-politically correct phrases words, terms, and phrases that are going to be thrown around in life and on the internet. Just the way that it is.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode