Does anybody make a bolt-on hydraulic bump stop for the rear? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 02-04-2015, 09:13 AM Thread Starter

Does anybody make a bolt-on hydraulic bump stop for the rear?

I've seen the King bolt-on setup for the front, but nothing for the rear? I'm looking for a solution to the harsh bottoming out I experience at Silver Lake sand dunes. The rear seems to bottom out as much as the front, if not more.

I've read about the Teraflex speed bumps and it sounds like I'd be better off with a full hydraulic bump. Is any company making or developing a bolt on kit?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 02-04-2015, 09:39 AM
PIG
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strehler View Post
I've seen the King bolt-on setup for the front, but nothing for the rear? I'm looking for a solution to the harsh bottoming out I experience at Silver Lake sand dunes. The rear seems to bottom out as much as the front, if not more.

I've read about the Teraflex speed bumps and it sounds like I'd be better off with a full hydraulic bump. Is any company making or developing a bolt on kit?
Yea I know its not a "bolt on" solution but for the price its a pretty good value. The install isn't that bad either...

Synergy Jeep JK Rear Air Bump Kit

CLICK HERE TO READ THE INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

USE CODE: JKO10 FOR 10% SAVINGS ON YOUR NEXT ORDER!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
//
//

//
//

post #3 of 18 Old 02-04-2015, 10:14 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIG View Post
Yea I know its not a "bolt on" solution but for the price its a pretty good value. The install isn't that bad either...

Synergy Jeep JK Rear Air Bump Kit
Link wasn't working for me but I googled it:
http://www.synergymfg.com/Synergy-Je...l#.VNJhd2bn_cs

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 02-04-2015, 10:35 AM
PIG
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALASHA View Post
Link wasn't working for me but I googled it:
http://www.synergymfg.com/Synergy-Je...l#.VNJhd2bn_cs
FIXED. Thanks for the heads up.

//
//

//
//

post #5 of 18 Old 02-11-2015, 01:45 AM
Granite Guru

JKS makes one for the rear similar to the one TF makes for the front.
post #6 of 18 Old 02-18-2015, 12:16 PM
Granite Guru

Hey Pig, what length air bumpstop would you suggest for an unlimited with 4-5" of lift in the rear with 40's on a PR80 rear axle with the fox 2.0 shocks appropriate for that lift?
post #7 of 18 Old 02-18-2015, 02:39 PM
PIG
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJk View Post
Hey Pig, what length air bumpstop would you suggest for an unlimited with 4-5" of lift in the rear with 40's on a PR80 rear axle with the fox 2.0 shocks appropriate for that lift?
2.0" or 2.5"

http://www.polyperformance.com/Fox-2-0-Air-Bump-Stops

FOX-983-02-091
2.0" Air Bump Stop, 2.0" Travel

FOX-980-02-311
2.0" Air Bump Stop, 2.5" Travel

//
//

//
//

post #8 of 18 Old 02-20-2015, 01:47 AM

post #9 of 18 Old 02-20-2015, 06:51 AM
Granite Guru

post #10 of 18 Old 02-20-2015, 07:05 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrousian View Post
This thread is about a JK specific mounting solution for bump stops that doesn't require fabrication. Its not about who actually makes bump stops...

post #11 of 18 Old 02-20-2015, 09:36 AM
PIG
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrousian View Post
Search FOA on your own... let know what you come up with.

//
//

//
//

post #12 of 18 Old 07-09-2015, 09:14 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIG View Post
Search FOA on your own... let know what you come up with.
Yea... Wow!!! Is there anything good to be found online about these guys. I really would love to read some good stuff.
post #13 of 18 Old 07-11-2015, 02:01 PM
PIG
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangbuster View Post
I really would love to read some good stuff.
Keep dreaming man...

//
//

//
//

post #14 of 18 Old 07-21-2015, 04:36 AM
Wheeler

here you go, found it! Rubicon Express are doing what i reckon JKS should of done years ago! its basically a JKS ACOS Rear, just without the Coil Adjuster which adds a minimum of 2" to you ride. JKS offer this in a front set up Hydraulic Bump i.e without spright height adjuster, just not the rear? They've been sitting on the solution of not having to weld in 'cans' to the chassis but did nothing about it? all as they had to do was modify to take out the coil spacers, now Rubicon Express has picked up the idea.
Full Bolt On No Welding Rear 2" Hydraulic Bumpstops now available
This system works in conjunction with the OEM Chassis Bump Stops as they take the final bottoming out blow, so whatever bump stop extension height your running with (in my case 3" AEV) that stays the same. (same deal if you were fitting jks, oem bumps remain)
Ive ordered the kit (RE1382 Front & RE1384 Rear) from 4wheelparts, i'll post up pics of product & installation once done.

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lift-Kits...view_Container

"JK Wrangler Hydraulic Air Bump Stops" you can download a sales flyer on them from this link.
http://downloads.rubiconexpress.com
Attached Images

Last edited by OZJEEP; 07-23-2015 at 10:16 PM.
post #15 of 18 Old 07-23-2015, 06:31 PM
Wheeler

2009 Rubicon Express with Light Racing Hydraulic Bump Stops, the Rear has either a Weld in cup or Bolt on version, but no 'frenching' of the chassis required.
https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10371
http://www.offroadadventures.com/art.../id/334/page/1

And we all know Teraflex bolt on Rear Speed Bump. (ive had TF before on last JK, ok, but limiting range of rear unit and loss of rear suspension travel bugged me, the front would go tap tap tap as it contacted their bump stop too),
Out of these two i'd choose RE/Light Racing because its a proper hydraulic unit and its tuneable but both have limited travel of 1.5" and compressed height of 4.7" , due to their location they limit suspension UP travel. That's why ive gone for the new RE Kit in the above post.
Attached Images

Last edited by OZJEEP; 07-23-2015 at 10:30 PM.
post #16 of 18 Old 09-28-2015, 08:41 AM
Granite Guru

Any more news on the RE units in the rear?
Has anyone actually installed them and driven some bumps
Do they make noise driving around town?
Do you lose up travel?
post #17 of 18 Old 09-28-2015, 11:23 AM
PIG
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus-jeep View Post
Any more news on the RE units in the rear?
Has anyone actually installed them and driven some bumps
Do they make noise driving around town?
Do you lose up travel?
They are ALL gonna make noise man...

//
//

//
//

post #18 of 18 Old 09-29-2015, 08:25 AM
Rock God

i have the 2.5" TF Speedbumps kit and can do most of the whoops up at Pismo Beach in 3rd gear 90% throttle but the rear is the limiting factor from going any faster or bigger.
I plan to french in some air bump stop into the rear hopefully before the next trip.

09' White JKU Rubicon with some stuff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode