Flares: Metalcloak or PoisonSpyder? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 02-02-2015, 03:13 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Flares: Metalcloak or PoisonSpyder?

I searched, but couldnt find a good answer..

I am deciding between Metalcloak overline flares and the poison spyder aluminums.

If I go poison spyder I will also get their boxed sliders, if metalcloak, their sliders that bold up to the flares.

Planning on no - low lift and 35s - 37s.

Not hardcore wheeling, but I am going for tank strength for when armageddon hits.

if there is another recommended option, I am open to them as well.

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 02-02-2015, 03:20 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Either option will get the job done and withstand any misery that you inflict upon them. What it really comes down to in my opinion is what look you like the best.

Check out Crawler Conceptz too. They make a nice flare and have an inner fender setup for the front that is unique.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 9 Old 02-02-2015, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Those are slick. I like the metalcloak look, but do they mount as sturdy as the poison spyders?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 02-03-2015, 07:50 AM
Granite Guru

I know Crawler Conceptz wasn't one of your choices but these are on my short list.
post #5 of 9 Old 02-03-2015, 09:12 AM
Granite Guru

I would say either way you go you wont be disappointed. Both are bomb proof, both mount very strong(they both transfer the load to the sub-frame assembly) and will give you years of enjoyment.

It basically, IMO, comes down to which do you like the looks of better. Metal Cloak has the various flair options as well that you can change as you go compared to Poison Spyder.

I personally went with Poison Spyder as I didnt like the way the Metal Cloak's looked on the JK. I think they look fantastic on TJ's, but I just couldnt come to like their look on the JK, again, personal preference based on looks, not function.
post #6 of 9 Old 02-03-2015, 11:59 AM
JKO Addict!

Both of the made my short list as well...

The overlines are supposed to have higher clearance for larger tires and more stuff for a given lift height. I think that they claim 37" tires on 2.5" lift and 40" tires on a 3.5" lift.

The overline fenders can be easily unbolted and removed when off road, which is really cool.

Negative for me on the MC fenders is that you are locked into their funky side and rear corner armor and no option for aluminum.

PSC aluminum fenders = lighter.
post #7 of 9 Old 02-03-2015, 04:00 PM
Wheeler

I have the Nemesis Industries flares and I've been super happy with them. They're super strong with the skeletos upgrade and they're aluminum.

post #8 of 9 Old 02-03-2015, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Thanks for all the replies, friends. Lots of good info. I am not sure what I am getting yet, but I'll be ordering from RiverCityOffroad because he is clearly deserving of some business!
post #9 of 9 Old 07-21-2015, 04:58 AM
Wheeler

I know this is a bit tardy for a reply but I recently put PSC aluminum fenders (narrow width) up front and am doing it in the back too. The fit is fantastic and installation took about 3 hours (took my time on the first and ran with the second). Really liked the aluminum, just put 3 coats of clear coat on them and they looked great. Bought some additional rubber washers and put them on every bolt that touched steel to avoid any potential eloctrolysis but I've never heard of anyone having an issue, even contacted PSC about it. My fenders came with NO hardwarde but PSC shipped it right out to me and were great over the phone (no excuses or B.S., just an apology and said it was on its way).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode