KOH Help... First time with a camper - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 01-29-2015, 09:28 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

KOH Help... First time with a camper

I've been to KOH a few times, but this year a friend that has raced Baja and has a cool LS sand buggy is meeting me with his toy hauler/camper.

He may not arrive until Thursday. Where should we camp? Would like to pull in near some of you guys if possible. Will anyone have a spot on Thursday we can pull into?

Any advice and input is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks for any help.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 01-29-2015, 10:13 AM
Rock God

Just find a spot off the road and park.

2015 JK Unlimited Anvil
SOLD -2009 JK Unlimited Rubicon Deep Water Blue
1987 YJ Stretched 60/14 40" LTB's
post #3 of 9 Old 01-29-2015, 11:11 AM
Granite Guru

You can pretty much park/camp where every you'd like. What we usually do (and are doing again this year) is go down the main road to hammer town, and where it splits right/left, we take the left, drive past hammer town, and find a spot within walking distance. A good marker (if he's here in the same spot this year) is the wood selling guy.

I'm planning on getting there on Wed afternoon(with the rest of the gang coming in later that night) and you're more than welcome to camp near/with us. I'm in a black JKU with half doors on 35's with a sticker on the driver's side (I also have a "For rectal use only" sticker as well but that's another story).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 01-29-2015, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfnSnow View Post
You can pretty much park/camp where every you'd like. What we usually do (and are doing again this year) is go down the main road to hammer town, and where it splits right/left, we take the left, drive past hammer town, and find a spot within walking distance. A good marker (if he's here in the same spot this year) is the wood selling guy.

I'm planning on getting there on Wed afternoon(with the rest of the gang coming in later that night) and you're more than welcome to camp near/with us. I'm in a black JKU with half doors on 35's with a sticker on the driver's side (I also have a "For rectal use only" sticker as well but that's another story).
I know exactly where you mean.

I'll be out ahead of time in my rental car awaiting his arrival, so I'll keep an eye out.

Thanks

post #5 of 9 Old 01-29-2015, 12:58 PM
Granite Guru

SLippery: Cool

If any other JKO folks want to meet up or camp in the same area, you're more than welcome.
post #6 of 9 Old 02-02-2015, 06:31 AM
Granite Guru

It's a long shot, but I'll be there on Friday, and so far, my luck hasn't been great with finding a rental 4x4.

Would someone mind if we (the GF and I) tagged along for the day? I would be nice to be able to get to the nice spots.
post #7 of 9 Old 02-02-2015, 04:50 PM
Granite Guru

Dark_Reaper: we're using my rig to get around but I don't have any free seats however if you're able to rent a 4x4, you're more than welcome to meet up with us.
post #8 of 9 Old 02-02-2015, 05:37 PM
Granite Guru

Maybe I'm not looking at the right place.. but everywhere I've looked, they only have FWD SUVs or they strictly forbid off-road driving.

Do you have any recommendations?
post #9 of 9 Old 02-02-2015, 09:08 PM
Granite Guru

Not sure but there may be UTV/ATV rentals if that'll work. A stock Suv can work to get you around to the major obstacles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode