SPOD Remote Control Power Module - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 01-22-2015, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

SPOD Remote Control Power Module

Anyone use this guy? Sounds great I just installed my SPOD unit today thinking this would be nice to have for remote access.

http://www.4x4spod.com/product_p/rcpm.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-26-2015, 03:03 PM
Wheeler

I was pondering if this could be used like hidden kill switch. Hook up a battery isolator and the Spod to the battery so that when the battery is isolated ONLY the SPOD gets power. Use the SPOD's remote to trip a relay which then trips the battery isolator letting you unlock, start, etc. your Jeep.

1. Don't lose your phone
2. You'll have to reset your sterio presets
post #3 of 5 Old 01-26-2015, 05:09 PM
Rock God

Garage

I have one. I've had it for about a year or more. It took a crap on me a few months back, of course, out of warranty. Sent it back to sPOD and they replaced it for a fee. I haven't bothered to put the new one back in yet.

It works pretty well with both my Galaxy S3 and iPhone6. I'm pretty sure you could use it as a remote kill, just wire a relay into the starter or fuel pump leads.... easy.

You could also remove the inside switch panel and run without any physical switches either for additional security or to gain the space for an overhead CB or something.

_
'76 CJ-7, '43 CJ-2a, '78 Bronco,'78 CJ-7, '75 CJ-5, '78 CJ-7, '80 CJ-7, '78 SJ, '79 SJ, '78 and a '76 FJ-40 , '90 XJ, '91 XJ, '86 CJ-7, '95 ZJ, '68 CJ-101 Commando, '00 TJ, '68 M-715, 2 '86 Military Blazers, '96 LR Discovery, '86 CJ-7, '91 YJ, '99 TJ, 07' JKU Rubi, 1988 YJ, 1973 Commando, 3 Diesel Excursions....
Now back to a 2013 JKU Rubicon with "stuff", planning 37's with minimal lift.

I've tried them all... Jeeps are still the best. (0||||0)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 01-26-2015, 09:20 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

I have installed one pretty trick will be adding one to my jk using the iPad mini as a radio

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #5 of 5 Old 02-01-2015, 06:10 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

OK cool thanks for the replies.. I am still on the fence about this, I planed to wire in a 12v block heater to my sPOD that way I can use my phone to turn the heater on and off.

Heater
http://www.ebay.com/itm/220294161814...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode