Leveling Spacer kit/size - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 01-15-2015, 10:46 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Leveling Spacer kit/size

Okay I finally got my tires picked out and planning a swap from 17" wheels to 16"'s.
I am only looking to get rid of the rake on the jeep. But cant seem to find some solid info on what to chose as to get it to sit level with 285/75/16's. I dont want to go much higher than stock but I would like to just level it out and rid the rake.
I read .75" to 1" for the front and .5" for the rear.
Is that the best size to use?
Also will I get any rubs on this size tire with a 4.75bs wheel?
Anyone care to share some pics so I can see what Im looking at? Or even some knowledge would be appreciated.
I assume I would want to go with tera flex brand or is there any better?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 01-15-2015, 10:50 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderx View Post
Okay I finally got my tires picked out and planning a swap from 17" wheels to 16"'s.
I am only looking to get rid of the rake on the jeep. But cant seem to find some solid info on what to chose as to get it to sit level with 285/75/16's. I dont want to go much higher than stock but I would like to just level it out and rid the rake.
I read .75" to 1" for the front and .5" for the rear.
Is that the best size to use?
Also will I get any rubs on this size tire with a 4.75bs wheel?
Anyone care to share some pics so I can see what Im looking at? Or even some knowledge would be appreciated.
I assume I would want to go with tera flex brand or is there any better?
You'll want a 1.5" spacer in the front. TeraFlex offers a complete leveling kit with front and rear spacers along with a pair of extended sway bar links.

You'll be fine with the 4.75" back spacing.

Welcome to JKO!

Marcus

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 10 Old 01-16-2015, 08:46 AM
Rock God

I used Synergies 1.75" and it worked out great the rake I had was due to the weight of a bumper and winch though. If your planning on a bumper and winch you may want to use this one.

2014 JKU Rubicon, 2007 Superbee #692/1000, BMC Hooligan (my chopper yea it's a Rigid)
"There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don't care who gets the credit."
- Ronald Reagan 40th President of the United States (1981-1989)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 01-17-2015, 04:05 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCityOffroad View Post
You'll want a 1.5" spacer in the front. TeraFlex offers a complete leveling kit with front and rear spacers along with a pair of extended sway bar links.

You'll be fine with the 4.75" back spacing.

Welcome to JKO!

Marcus
1.5" in front if you have winch/bumper combo, if stock bumpers and no winch then you may just want 1" in the front with no rear spacer.
post #5 of 10 Old 01-17-2015, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

That was what I was kinda thinking to RedundanT but wasnt exactly sure I could do that and if I would rub or not.
I measured it up last night. I have a set of rock rails on it so just measured from the garage floor up to the bottom of that. I got 16" & 1/8 in the front(front of rail) and 17" in the rear. I forgot to mention that is a stock sport with 265/75/17 duratracs on it. No weight on the front. Only plans are some lights and a hoop bar but nothing heavy.
So adding 285/75/16's Im thinking the rear will be fine and either adding a 3/4 spacer or 1" spacer to level it out.

Do you know if the spacer sags over time? If I go with a 3/4 Ill be 1/8 under from the rear and if I go 1" Ill be 1/8" over than the rear. My thinking is if it sags Im better off with the 1" up front. Never ran spacers before so I have no clue what Im in for. For now I kinda dig the 285's on stock ride minus the rake on it.

Also will I need to recalibrate my speedometer for 285/75/16's?
I looked high and low for a load range C and it seems as tho Eldorado or Cordovan are my best option for likeness factor and it being a Load range D tire. I have C on there now how much ride difference will I incur with the D range?

Last edited by spiderx; 01-17-2015 at 04:45 PM.
post #6 of 10 Old 01-17-2015, 06:12 PM
Granite Guru

Sounds like you want a full 1" lift in front, so you will need to go the 1.75" front and .75" rear route. Reason being I've not seen a full 1" front spacer. Those tires are only 11.50x33 so should be fine height wise, width would depend on backspace of your rims but don't see any problems. If your butt can tell the difference between a D and an E rated tire it is more sensitive than mine.
post #7 of 10 Old 01-20-2015, 02:16 PM
Granite Guru

First change I made to my JK was to add a Teraflex leveling kit, 2" spacers in front and 1" spacers at the rear. I ran the stock Rubi wheels and tires for a very short time (4,000 miles) before I went to 33" Duratracs. Loved the look. Sat up an inch higher than stock and gave me more tire clearance so it didn't look silly with the 33's.

2014 Rubicon Unlimited with Sponge Bob Squarepants Floor Mats.

Get your FREE college education here

post #8 of 10 Old 02-17-2015, 11:33 AM

I have the TeraFlex 1.5" leveling kit (2" front/1" rear) and run 285/75/17 (34x11.50) Nitto Trail Grapplers and with extended bumpstops and trimmed pinch seams I don't rub at all.

If all you want to do is even out the factory rake you can run 1" spacers in the front and leave the rear alone. The 33" tires you want to run are only an 1" bigger than stock, so you should be fine.
post #9 of 10 Old 02-18-2015, 12:47 AM
Granite Guru

Rake is independent of wheel (rim+tire) size. Due to the large variety of coils that "seem" to be installed most randomly on JKs and the variations in weight due to bumpers and winches, it's hard to determine how much more lift you need in front than in the rear to eliminate all rake but usually 1-1.25" gets rid of all but the most stubborn cases of rake caused by heavy front end mods.

Like everyone said 4.75" of rim backspacing will provide sufficient clearance.
post #10 of 10 Old 05-08-2015, 07:37 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Well I finally ordered the tires and wheels. Hopefully they arrive next week. Debating on ordering the 1" spacer for the front until I see what they look like on the stock suspension. I dont want too big of a tire look on the stock suspension where it looks like I need a lift.
Wanted to keep some space between the top of the tire and flare but not overly high either. Im thinking 1" spacer up from for now.
I saw this one http://www.quadratec.com/products/16190_1003.htm

Think Ill take it from there and see what the rear looks like. If I dont like it I can go the route you mentioned RedundanT with 1.75 and .75 rear.
I have no plans for a winch or replacment bumpers.
If I order the 1" and install its only $20 to waste. Not sure if I can resell to someone else and reclaim that loss and then just buy the 1.75 and .75 spacer kit.
How long do the spacers last? They made of good rubber?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode