Hello all. Build will go slow, but I want to start a thread early for advice, and for posterity sake. So outside of a complete overhaul of my stereo, speakers, and a custom Subwoofer enclosure in the back (irony, it is in the same place as the old Subwoofers due to the proprietary OVAL sub by Alpine), My Jeep is completely stock.
Heres what I am starting with:
2015 JK Unlimited Rubicon - Anvil
4.1 Axle ratio
Premium Soft Top
Added a Hitch receiver and waiting harness from Quadritech.
Phase I - Trail ready - 4-5 months - Getting the Jeep light trail ready. Keeping the stock bumpers, buying trail gear, Budget Lift, Wheels and Tires, and a slider/step for my 5'nothing girlfriend. Would love input on my choices all around, especially the items that are "Pending"
Upgrades: Total Cost to date $5025
- Cobra 75 CB, Coax Cable, Antenna, stud and mount bracket. - Installed - $170
- Budget Lift - Rough Country 2.5" Spacer Lift
- Delivered - Install 1/24/15 - $200
***CAVEAT*** THIS IS NOT A LONG TERM LIFT - I am choosing to get this lift now, as It will allow me to move to a 35" tire quickly for light trail, and looks...and also allow me to sell my Rubicon takeoffs with less than 3K miles on them. I should be able to come close to recouping the cost of this lift with the added $ for selling nearly new Rubi takeoffs.
- ACE JK Rock Sliders - Install OVER Rubi Rails (4 Door)
- ORDERED 1-21-15 - $395
- Recovery Strap, 20K Lbs. - Pending
- 5 Wheels ProComp 7069's - Ordered - Price below
- 5 Tires GY 35x12.50R17 - Ordered - Set of 5 wheels and tires - $2425
- Rear Bumper - ACE JK Pro Series Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier
- ORDERED 1-21-15 - $935
Phase II - Trail Capability - 1-2 Years - Permanent lift kit and armor. This Jeep is my DD so nothing too outlandish. Good looking with an edge, and capable.
- Lift - Metalcloak 3.5" GameChanger ARB/FOX/6PAK?
- Front Bumper - ?
- Fender Flares - Poison Spyder?
- Under Body Armor - ?
Cant wait till parts begin to arrive!