jeep wrangler straight piped video - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 01-09-2015, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

jeep wrangler straight piped video

hey guys here is a pretty good video of my jeep straight piped filmed with a iphone 6 its pretty good quality but jeep still sounds better in person! if you have a stock exhaust system and muffler i would highly recommend pulling off that bath tub of a muffler and hearing how it sounds because its better than you think and also with all the weight off the rear i feel a little more power not much but it is noticeable and if you decide to pull off the muffler just use a saw people, you will save so much time and energy trying to get it off! my jeep has 58k miles and it was so rusted after undoing the clamp we had to tie a tie down strap to one end of the muffler and one to a light pole and drive forward to get it off. not to mention the little hangers that have rubber things on them that you are suppose to be able to just pull off, that is what you are going to want to use a saw for because it took a hour to get each of them off and a hour to get muffler off overall three hours of hell!if anybody else didnt have a saw and knows my pain feel free to talk about it lmao! but heres the video have a great day everybody!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 01-09-2015, 02:40 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
OKAY FUCKMOUTH.
post #3 of 15 Old 01-09-2015, 03:18 PM
Granite Guru

On my... Where to begin.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 01-09-2015, 03:50 PM
Granite Guru

You did not notice the weight reduction. Plain and simple.

I never had to cut anything. Just use penetrating oil on everything. The rubber exhaust hangers only need some WD-40 and they'll slip right off.

I am not exaggerating, it only took me 5 minutes to get it off. And another 10 to get the rest of it off to install an AFE catback.

Last edited by The_Punisher; 01-09-2015 at 03:55 PM.
post #5 of 15 Old 01-09-2015, 04:17 PM
Granite Guru

I cut off the stock muffler on my 2013 3.6 JK. Was too loud. Welded on a cherry bomb and is not only quieter but sounds better too. Tucks up really nice under the trunk too. No way anything can damage it and is out of sight
post #6 of 15 Old 01-09-2015, 04:57 PM
JKowners Vendor

Dealer for: MoTech, Atlas, Dynatrac, Rock Krawler, ORO, Currie, Poison Spyder, Bilstein, Fox, SWAY-A-WAY, Ridid, Adams and Tom Woods DS's. And much more!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 15 Old 01-09-2015, 07:04 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtljeep View Post
I cut off the stock muffler on my 2013 3.6 JK. Was too loud. Welded on a cherry bomb and is not only quieter but sounds better too. Tucks up really nice under the trunk too. No way anything can damage it and is out of sight
Isn't it great though how much room is back there with no muffler? I feel like that scene from Step Brothers, "So much room for activities". I want to put dual batteries, an air tank, and extra fuel cell and on and on hahaha
post #8 of 15 Old 01-10-2015, 09:27 AM
Granite Guru

I cut mine off as well, but put a resonator of some sort off a brand new dodge truck that my local 4WP was throwing a way, under the rear drivers door. Sounds similar to the video above, but a bit quieter.

No noticeable power, fuel or weight savings. The stock setup did have some weight to it, but probably only 20lbs or so.

Jeepless
post #9 of 15 Old 01-10-2015, 10:38 PM
Comfortably Numb

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinkimball52 View Post
hey guys here is a pretty good video of my jeep straight piped filmed with a iphone 6 its pretty good quality but jeep still sounds better in person! if you have a stock exhaust system and muffler i would highly recommend pulling off that bath tub of a muffler and hearing how it sounds because its better than you think and also with all the weight off the rear i feel a little more power not much but it is noticeable and if you decide to pull off the muffler just use a saw people, you will save so much time and energy trying to get it off! my jeep has 58k miles and it was so rusted after undoing the clamp we had to tie a tie down strap to one end of the muffler and one to a light pole and drive forward to get it off. not to mention the little hangers that have rubber things on them that you are suppose to be able to just pull off, that is what you are going to want to use a saw for because it took a hour to get each of them off and a hour to get muffler off overall three hours of hell!if anybody else didnt have a saw and knows my pain feel free to talk about it lmao! but heres the video have a great day everybody!
Oh my that is going to have a killer sound at the mall.

08 Rubi Unlimited named Freebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Cat killing would almost certainly decline if we were allowed to hunt liberals.
Asylum media group llc all rights reserved 2015
post #10 of 15 Old 01-11-2015, 08:31 AM
Granite Guru

Learn how to write and get a flag that is not torn.

Todd
First Jeep the govt hasn't owned.
post #11 of 15 Old 01-11-2015, 10:19 PM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via MSN to b1pig

retire the flag properly.

the coupler used to attach a flowmaster cracked and caused the exhaust to blow out on my recent trip. i drove from Oklahoma City to S. Ga with no muffler. i had a damn headache. the stock muffler went back on when i got home.

some people like it. i hate it. it doesnt even make cool noises... it just goes: "buuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhh".....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'19 Ram 1500, '01 BMW R1100RT, '99 Fat Boy
needed: ̶b̶o̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ plane
post #12 of 15 Old 01-11-2015, 11:11 PM
Granite Guru

Thanks for the revs in reverse. That was going to be my question..

Sent by packets

RIP 2010 jku "stretch"

2010 bright silver jku
2.5 teraflex coil lift
35 toyo open country m/t
Bilstein 5100's on all
Bilstein 5100 steering dampner
Smittybilt safari top
smittybuilt fender flares
One off front bumper/vks additions
Rubicon rails
Or-Fab Tire carrier
17 inch black MB TKO wheels
post #13 of 15 Old 01-12-2015, 07:44 AM
JKO Addict!

You still have cats so its not straight pipe.

post #14 of 15 Old 01-12-2015, 08:32 PM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via MSN to b1pig

i'll match your straight pipes... and raise you two more.... (cylinders)

'19 Ram 1500, '01 BMW R1100RT, '99 Fat Boy
needed: ̶b̶o̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ plane

Last edited by b1pig; 01-12-2015 at 08:39 PM.
post #15 of 15 Old 01-14-2015, 08:45 PM
Granite Guru

Oh man - I'd keep that LS7 on the stand for BBQ's and just start it up to listen to it idle instead of putting on some music.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode