Rock Krawler JK 3.5 Rock Runner System - Stage 2 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 01-07-2015, 08:40 AM Thread Starter

Rock Krawler JK 3.5 Rock Runner System - Stage 2

Hi All,

Does anyone have expirence with the Rock Krawler JK 3.5 Rock Runner System - Stage 2 lift? I currently have a Rock Krawler 1.5" Max travel on my 2014 Unlimited Rubicon X and have been thinking about upgrading to the JK 3.5 Rock Runner System - Stage 2 lift.

If you are running this how was the install and how does it handle on the streets and offroad?

Any regrets on going with this system?

What size tires are you running and did you have to replace the drive shafts?

Thanks,

DIDS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 01-07-2015, 11:03 AM
JKowners Vendor

DIDS,

Maybe we can help. For the past 2 year, I have been running not the Stage 2 system but close. The only difference is that mine does not have the rear coilovers. It is the RRD's in the rear with the remote res. The front, I do have the RK coilovers with the remote res.

Install, it was a long one. When you go to the long arm, there is a lot of cutting and welding that take place. Add the front and rear coilovers and it just adds to that. All in all, it was worth it. On road, it rides and handles great. We take our JKU to a lot of different events. This past year, we had it as far south as FL all the way up and through KY. We drive it everywhere and it has never been on a trailer. Offroad, it does amazing! The amount of flex and control this setup gives is amazing.

Any regrets, not one!

And we are running this setup with Goodyear MTRK's in a 40x1350x17.

If you have any questions or if there is anything we can do for you, please let us know...

-Jason

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phone: 864-437-8029
post #3 of 12 Old 01-07-2015, 11:05 AM
JKowners Vendor

Here is a older picture of our JKU. Since then, we have added the front coilovers and the new RK Pro Aluminum Tie Rod. We also changed the bumpers as well. This will give you a good idea of the stance you will be looking at.

-Jason

:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 01-08-2015, 06:09 AM Thread Starter

Hi Jason,

Thank you for the information. I don't know much about Long Arms and have some more questions if you don't mind answering.

Do you need to cut into the floor of the Jeep when putting coil overs in the back or front? Or is it just all cutting and welding on the from removing and installing the mounts?

Did you need to replace your drive shafts?

I plan on running my stock Rubicon X axles with the 35" DuraTracs until I get enough money to replace them with Dynatrax PR60's front and rear running 37" tires. Do you see any issues with this?

Thanks,

DIDS
post #5 of 12 Old 01-08-2015, 06:54 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIDS View Post
Hi Jason,

Thank you for the information. I don't know much about Long Arms and have some more questions if you don't mind answering.

Do you need to cut into the floor of the Jeep when putting coil overs in the back or front? Or is it just all cutting and welding on the from removing and installing the mounts?

Did you need to replace your drive shafts?

I plan on running my stock Rubicon X axles with the 35" DuraTracs until I get enough money to replace them with Dynatrax PR60's front and rear running 37" tires. Do you see any issues with this?

Thanks,

DIDS
You don't cut into the floor of the JK with the kit you are referring to.

You will need driveshafts with 3.5"+ of lift and long arms.

To be perfectly blunt, if you don't know much about long arms, chances are you don't need them. You probably want to do more research as this most likely isn't the kit for you. You can save a bunch of money by going a different route and sticking to a short arm set up

post #6 of 12 Old 01-08-2015, 07:00 AM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALASHA View Post
You don't cut into the floor of the JK with the kit you are referring to.

You will need driveshafts with 3.5"+ of lift and long arms.

To be perfectly blunt, if you don't know much about long arms, chances are you don't need them. You probably want to do more research as this most likely isn't the kit for you. You can save a bunch of money by going a different route and sticking to a short arm set up
Nailed it!

But, if you do have questions, let us know. We are here to help anyway we can!

-Jason

:

post #7 of 12 Old 01-08-2015, 09:12 AM
JKowners Vendor

Dids

Is there anyway you can give us a shout to go over your build and try to find the best application that meets your needs now as well as plan for your future with some Pro Rocks? 518-270-9822.

We will be more than happy to help you out...

RK
post #8 of 12 Old 01-09-2015, 09:50 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension View Post
Dids

Is there anyway you can give us a shout to go over your build and try to find the best application that meets your needs now as well as plan for your future with some Pro Rocks? 518-270-9822.

We will be more than happy to help you out...

RK
Sounds Good. I will call on Monday. As I mentioned earlier I am currently running a 2014 Unlimited Rubicon X with a RK 1.5" Max Travel. Basically the end result of my build is I want the following:

1. 3.5 Lift with coil overs that I can run 37" or 40" tires during the Spring, Summer, and Fall. Then switch to my 35" Duratracs for winter. The upgrade on the tires and axles wont happen for another year.

2. Able to add Dynatrac PR60's to handle the 37" and 40" tires.

3. Be able to tackle any trails at Rausch Creek in PA or Whispering Pines Hideaway in NY.

Thanks,

DIDS
post #9 of 12 Old 01-09-2015, 11:10 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrawlOff-Road.com View Post
Here is a older picture of our JKU. Since then, we have added the front coilovers and the new RK Pro Aluminum Tie Rod. We also changed the bumpers as well. This will give you a good idea of the stance you will be looking at.

-Jason
Looks great!

JOIN THE NRA NOW!

post #10 of 12 Old 01-09-2015, 05:03 PM
JKowners Vendor

May want to revise the Rear D60 and get a PR80...for 40" tires.

Dealer for: MoTech, Atlas, Dynatrac, Rock Krawler, ORO, Currie, Poison Spyder, Bilstein, Fox, SWAY-A-WAY, Ridid, Adams and Tom Woods DS's. And much more!

post #11 of 12 Old 01-10-2015, 06:46 AM Thread Starter

Hi Jason,

If you don't mind me asking. What is the overall height of that rig?

Thanks,

DIDS

Thanks,

DIDS
post #12 of 12 Old 01-12-2015, 04:50 AM
JKowners Vendor

Honestly, I would have to measure and get a exact height. It is not bad. It is still driveable, meaning I can still get it in parking garages and things like that. We have a 07 2Dr as well run a RK 2.5" and 35's and it is not a LOT taller than that one.

-Jason

:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode