Mastercraft Seats - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 12-29-2014, 05:30 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Mastercraft Seats

I am getting ready to pull the trigger on 2 of the Front RS seats for my 09 JK...

Any of you guys running them?
-if so did you get the lumbar support or heat?

I am thinking if I am spending this much money and I am in the seat a lot of the time it may be worth it....

Please let me know you opinion if you have these seats!!

Chad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 12-29-2014, 05:39 PM
Rock God

I have these seats without liar or heat and love them. I don't see the need for the lumbar, but heat would be nice at times. I may add it to mine.
post #3 of 20 Old 12-29-2014, 05:41 PM
Wheeler

Just installed a set this weekend. I love the seats. I put my own seat heaters in and I personally love them. Nice to just flip a switch and have instant heat. I did get the lumbar supports and I'm not that impressed. They are ok but not as adjustable as I had hoped.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 Old 12-29-2014, 06:36 PM
JKO Addict!

Had Mastercraft seats in my TJ. Money well spent.

It isn't so much that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so many things that aren't so.― Ronald Reagan
post #5 of 20 Old 12-29-2014, 09:20 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

i am jealous. I like those a lot ;
however, I love ( and am saving for ) these in this color scheme:
but I have become nore awre of the Mastercraft's having the 9 position tilt lever and am starting to lean towards them....

you chose well....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 20 Old 12-30-2014, 09:51 AM
Random Dude

azrockzuk,

I have Mastercraft Baja RS's just like your picture except for the color, and would buy the exact same thing again.

The factory seats in my 2010 Rubi were horrendous on any drive over an hour, and the MC Bajas are good for 4+ hours.

When I'm belted in, sometimes I wish the side bolsters were a little deeper, but as this is my daily driver, I find them to be the perfect compromise depth. Anything deeper would be ridiculous to get in/out of on a regular basis. I think Mastercraft hit the nail on the head with these.

My boss has the adjustable headrest versions in an FJ40 - skip 'em - the headrests don't stay up, so the fixed headrest is the way to go.

The adjustable recline is essential for long road trips IMHO, at least for the passenger seat (at least the one my wife sits in for 4 hours )

The storage pockets on the back are huge! I have a decent first aid kit behind the driver and a shitload of maps and books behind the passenger.

No experience with the seat heaters - please don't let my wife know that option is available

The lumbar setup is worthwhile in my book, but as oleskool said, the adjusters border on crappy: you can't really adjust while driving, more like find a good setting while parked with time to fook around with them. If you have a Tuffy console insert, one of the lumbar adjusters may become very familiar with the console - no biggie unless that kind of thing irks the shit out of you.

That's all I got, except to suggest you park your ass in the seats you're considering.
Just like shoes, it's easiest to tell how they fit when you're not looking at 'em.

PLEASE BUY AMERICAN SO I DON'T HAVE TO LEARN CHINESE
-The 4th little pig made his house of reinforced concrete, with wolfskin rugs in every room-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<-- Random crap you might find useful
post #7 of 20 Old 12-30-2014, 02:53 PM
Rock God

I can not speak of the lumbar or the heated seat options. But Mastercraft will make you pay through the taint for those options. Including an up charge for them to just build a custom seat, beyond the price of the options themselves.

We have been running the MS seats for a couple years now and the suspension in the MS seats vs the foam in the stock seats has been huge. It really take the edge off the pounding of long wheeling trips.
post #8 of 20 Old 12-30-2014, 04:51 PM
Wheeler

The seats are worth it in my opinion like I said before. If your mechanically inclined you can buy heated seat inserts off amazon and install them yourself. This is what I did. The fun part was bypassing the srs airbags and the passenger pressure sensor to activate the airbags.
post #9 of 20 Old 12-30-2014, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Thanks for all you input guys!!!!

I pulled the trigger on the seats today !!! With the seat heaters in both!!!

Thanks again...

EXWRENCH- don't worry i won't tell your wife about the seat heaters. If you don't tell my wife how much these seats cost $$$

Chad

Last edited by azrockzuk; 12-30-2014 at 05:11 PM.
post #10 of 20 Old 12-31-2014, 01:01 AM
Random Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrockzuk View Post
Thanks for all you input guys!!!!

I pulled the trigger on the seats today !!! With the seat heaters in both!!!

Thanks again...

EXWRENCH- don't worry i won't tell your wife about the seat heaters. If you don't tell my wife how much these seats cost $$$
Deal, and thank you!

I thought of one more thing: if you have Tuffy gun drawers under the front seats, stack an extra washer or 2 under the front bolts when installing the Bajas onto the seat tracks.
Otherwise, the fore-aft adjusters don't have room to disengage and allow you to slide the seats. This sucks to find out after installing.
No idea if the same applies to under-seat storage drawers from SmittyRidge, RuggedBilt, ChopstixAda, etc.

OK, now I'm out of relevant info (but well-stocked on bullshit )

-The 4th little pig made his house of reinforced concrete, with wolfskin rugs in every room-

post #11 of 20 Old 12-31-2014, 06:05 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
re: Mastercraft Seats

azrockzuk
very cool that you got the seats!
Of course, once the bruising/contusions/doghouse is over w/ the missus , we all expect installation pics & the first mud being thrown upon your beautiful seats!

post #12 of 20 Old 12-31-2014, 06:35 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post
azrockzuk
very cool that you got the seats!
Of course, once the bruising/contusions/doghouse is over w/ the missus , we all expect installation pics & the first mud being thrown upon your beautiful seats!
DONE!!!

Chad
post #13 of 20 Old 01-02-2015, 10:17 AM
JKowners Vendor

Location: behind a computer answering questions. Wish it was a trail.

One other thing to add, I found I didn't like to wear a multitool on my belt with these seats, the bolsters pushed the tool into my hip. For reference I am 6'6" tall and skinny.
Other than that they are a great seat. I have a set for my 2013 but stock is fine for now, honesty.

post #14 of 20 Old 01-06-2015, 06:56 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Is there a pressure switch for the air bags in the front stock seats?

Do you re-use the pressure switch in the new master craft seats?..

Chad

Last edited by azrockzuk; 01-07-2015 at 07:47 PM.
post #15 of 20 Old 03-09-2015, 05:18 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Installed

Just 1 new one in....

Chad
post #16 of 20 Old 03-10-2015, 04:34 PM
Rock God

Nice work.

Really made a difference for us
post #17 of 20 Old 03-10-2015, 05:02 PM
Random Dude

So azrockzuk,

After you get some quality time in your new ass buckets, ya' gonna' give your take on the answers to your OP questions?

You've created a place to compile information, so let's have a good argumen... er, um, discussion on Mastercraft options.

Everyone has different needs / opinions, and yours are most important to you, so where were we "right" or "wrong".

post #18 of 20 Old 03-11-2015, 05:27 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
So azrockzuk,

After you get some quality time in your new ass buckets, ya' gonna' give your take on the answers to your OP questions?

You've created a place to compile information, so let's have a good argumen... er, um, discussion on Mastercraft options.

Everyone has different needs / opinions, and yours are most important to you, so where were we "right" or "wrong".
x2 would love to hear your take on these after some use.

I want to move to a new seat and thought these would be the ones but would like to hear more from users.

TC
Crawling For Reid March 23, 2019 Adventure OffRoad Park

post #19 of 20 Old 03-11-2015, 03:59 PM
Rock God

Garage

I pulled the trigger on the Mastercraft Baja RS with Heater and Lumbar... The seats only set me back $750 but it was another $200 for the mounting brackets. Once I get some time I have a wall of parts in my garage that I need to install on my JK.
post #20 of 20 Old 03-11-2015, 04:26 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Mastercraft Seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpstick View Post
I pulled the trigger on the Mastercraft Baja RS with Heater and Lumbar... The seats only set me back $750 but it was another $200 for the mounting brackets. Once I get some time I have a wall of parts in my garage that I need to install on my JK.

$750 for 2? That seems like a darn good deal. I "built" a seat on the Mastercraft website and it was way more than that.

Where did you get them for that price?

TC
Crawling For Reid March 23, 2019 Adventure OffRoad Park

Last edited by TCdawg; 03-12-2015 at 05:47 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode