JKO Addict!

Garage
Neoprene seat covers?

Few Questions about them..

What brand did you get?
Who did you get them from?
How well did they hold up?
Are they worth the $$$$?

and is there a cheaper alternative that can compare to them?

and of coarse pics would be great

How I LEARNED TO STOP GIVING A SHIT AND LOVE MINDLESS SELF INDULGENCE

Its time to reevaluate the way we coddle the future generation. Making mistakes and getting hurt is how you grow. Teaching kids to fear Pop Tarts is how you promote xenophobia. Lets get it together, America.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 12-26-2014, 06:28 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

The neoprene covers that I had were Cover Kings.

At about $140 for driver & passenger fronts, I wouldn't think there are any fitted/ JK specific covers to be found much cheaper.

They fit great but wore like crap. Less than a year... faded and stitching coming apart... as well as padding coming apart underneath.

With seat covers, it makes sense to go for quality and a little steeper price to get ones that you won't want or need to replace within a year or two. You'll spend 2-3x as much ( or more) for shitty covers if you have to keep replacing them.

IMO... Do it right the first time and spend some more money on good ones.

Trek Armor on my seats now. Fit like a glove, look great, super nice quality and durability.

Got my Cover Kings thru Marcus at RCO. Got my Trek Armors direct.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #3 of 10 Old 12-26-2014, 07:31 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Thanx Stubs that was (nlgrav182) suggestion as well..

On a side note do you have seat air bags...
I see on their site they do not offer any that suport seat air bags .
I am not a fan of the seat air bag...but have them none the less...
and am not sure what hppens if you have seat covers with an air bag under it

And looks like I may need to abandon the idea of having neon green (to mach the rest of the rig) unless I go with wet Okle

How I LEARNED TO STOP GIVING A SHIT AND LOVE MINDLESS SELF INDULGENCE

Its time to reevaluate the way we coddle the future generation. Making mistakes and getting hurt is how you grow. Teaching kids to fear Pop Tarts is how you promote xenophobia. Lets get it together, America.

Last edited by Blackout; 12-26-2014 at 07:34 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 12-26-2014, 08:13 AM
Rock God

I have the wet Okole seat covers with the neon green piping. They are less than 2 years old but show no signs of wear at all. Color in the pictures is poor but you get the idea.

I ordered them from Wet Okole directly

Since I wanted the black with neon green, they were and are the only game in town

I think they are worth the money; for the color choices and the quality. If I were just getting something basic, probably go Trek Armor

Last edited by Nucleophile; 06-21-2015 at 07:43 AM.
post #5 of 10 Old 12-26-2014, 09:06 AM
Granite Guru

i have coverkings as well. the fit is decent, but they faded really quickly. after about a month of topless driving the black had turned to grey. and the jeep is always in a covered garaged both at home and at work. so this fading occurred while driving and running errands over the course of 4 weekends...
post #6 of 10 Old 12-26-2014, 11:42 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by boopiejones View Post
i have coverkings as well. the fit is decent, but they faded really quickly. after about a month of topless driving the black had turned to grey. and the jeep is always in a covered garaged both at home and at work. so this fading occurred while driving and running errands over the course of 4 weekends...
i had cover king for my old GMC jimmy to cover the ripped leather seats( it was my first vehicle, not a scratch scrape or ding when i drove ) they faded horribly and the black had turned almost a dark ash grey when we traded it in on my jeep.

Edit: i was told that was the brand but i dont know. wasnt the one who put them on

"Gremlin"
Nothing in my jeep is sacred, except my jelly beans and apple liquorice. Don't touch those...
post #7 of 10 Old 12-26-2014, 12:11 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
Thanx Stubs that was (nlgrav182) suggestion as well..

On a side note do you have seat air bags...
I see on their site they do not offer any that suport seat air bags .
I am not a fan of the seat air bag...but have them none the less...
and am not sure what hppens if you have seat covers with an air bag under it

And looks like I may need to abandon the idea of having neon green (to mach the rest of the rig) unless I go with wet Okle
I don't have seat air-bags in my 08. Trek Armor made the call to eliminate the cut-outs... at least for my year JK. I know that they have been revised for the new model JK's but not sure if they added a cut-out option.

I will say that when I had my CoverKings... the sides were automatically cut-out when I received them. Not just b/c I didn't need the cut-outs, but also because the cut-outs on the CoverKings were actually flaps that opened up and flapped in the wind while driving ( with no doors)... I opted to take them to a guy to sew them shut... Another pain in the ass with the CoverKings.

To the best of my knowledge.. no one has really done any extensive ( or conclusive) tests to see what kind of effect a seat cover has on a deployed air-bag. I will say however that with the durable construction and materials of the Trek Armor.. ain't no air-bag gonna pop or rip it open imo.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #8 of 10 Old 12-26-2014, 06:31 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

I also have the Wet Okole seat covers all around. The previous owner said they have been on since he bought the Jeep new (2007). The only time they have been taken off is when I bought the Jeep about 2 years ago, and then again when I installed a seat heater on the driver side. I am very impressed with the quality, they are a bit dirty, but have held up well. No rips or tears and the seams are all good. There hasn't been any fashions (Damn auto correct *fading) either, which can't be said for the cheap knock off center arm rest cover. Not sure of the price because they were on the Jeep when I bought it, but I have nothing but good to say about them. The fit is perfect, no fading and durability is excellent. My factory seats still look brand new beneath the covers. Hope this helps. Here are some pics.
Attached Images

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If you don't like it, go break it!

'07 JKRU
3.5" RK X-Factor Lift on 37x12.5x17 MTR-K's wrapped around AEV Pintler Wheels

Last edited by Landoom; 12-26-2014 at 06:34 PM.
post #9 of 10 Old 12-28-2014, 03:52 PM
Rock God

I have Smittybilt covers. Bought them through 4wheel drive hardware. They do a buy the fronts and gear a rear cover free promo several times a year. I've had them for four years now with no signs of wear and are holding up pretty good. They add a decent amount of cushioning to the seats, especially the headrests. Worth the money to me.

Wrangler Mountain Edition

Rock Krawler Synergy JKS LoD Goodyear
post #10 of 10 Old 12-28-2014, 07:14 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

I had the shittybuilt covers on my '07. I go topless (sort of) with a spiderweb shade during the summer, garaged most of the time and only got 1 year and 7,000 miles before they split at the seams, faded and were just trashed. I am not hard on my seats either!. I replaced them with Marathon seat covers and could not be happier. My dogs hate the marathons as they are slick so I tuck a towel on the seats for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STUPIDFACE View Post
I have 2 legs, but 3 knees....right knee.....left knee.....wee knee....
Jack of all Trades, Master of Some
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode