Phone number for chrylser that gets results??????? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 06-25-2008, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
Phone number for chrylser that gets results???????

anyone have a number for chrylser that actually gets results? i have a feeling ill need to call tomorrw. o just got my jeep back from the dealer for the slave cly leaking and my ebrake not working, i was charged $70 for what i think should be awarranty fix and they didnt even put my console back together right (shifter boot not installed right) now i can fix the shifter boot but i shouldnt have to.im goin to try to call the dealer firat but i have afeeling it wont get me very far.

'92 YJ
'13 WK2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 06-25-2008, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

OMFG im gonna flip out at the dealer. i just crawld under my jeep to see whatthey did and guess what i find A LEAK IN THE SAME SPOT all they did was change the slave cly which is external, theres still fluid leaking out the bell housing

'92 YJ
'13 WK2
post #3 of 12 Old 06-25-2008, 07:50 PM
JKO Addict!

I got screwed out of $160.00 by a Chrysler dealership in my area just to confirm an overheat condition. Naively told them that I drove the jeep through water ( You know, it's a go anywhere do anything vehicle) and the cooling fan motor failed. They did not perform any diagnostics. they simply said they found mud in the part.

Took my complaint to Chrysler customer service and they simply took the word of the dealership and would not consider my concerns. I pressed on for further assistance and was transfered from India back to The States to speak with a so called senior customer service rep. who once again said their decision was final.

Still not satified, I filed a complaint with the Bureau of Automotive Repair. They found that I was over charged for services and I had a valid complaint.
B.A.R. goes to the dealership with my case and guess what. Their no longer in business. I have no recourse. S.O.L.

So good luck to you and the so called Chrysler Customer Service.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 06-26-2008, 02:41 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

called the dealer anf they basiclly said to pound sand and i can bring the jeep back in and they can try again. i took it to the dealer i bought it from this time they actually listned to me when i told them what the problem was and they said they will get it right and not to go back to the othe rplace, which ny the was was Tunkhannock Auto Mart, so avoid that place if you can

'92 YJ
'13 WK2
post #5 of 12 Old 06-27-2008, 11:04 AM
Rock God

Send a message via AIM to jocrazy0

Just a stock dealership phrase "Its YOUR fault". You actually USED the jeep like in the brochure. Silly you.

I have said elsewhere the dealer will avoid warranty work almost to the extreme. The dealerships appear to train the reps to find any excuse to assign the failure to misuse by the customer.

I go through this every time I take mine in for warranty work (which will be less now I hope). Oh, you have a supercharger! That is why the radio flashes and the engine dies and the right turn signal won't turn off and I wouldn't be surprised if you overtorqued your frame and thats why the top leaks. I just say fine, why don't you give me a written explanation of why you think that is the cause and I'll take your explanation and all the posts I can find on the various forums from people who DON'T have modified vehicles, who are complaining about the same thing, to the arbitrator and we'll let the arbitrator decide. Hey! Sometimes that even works.

What can work is: "I can always take my vehicle elsewhere for servicing. You look up my records and see how much work I've had done over the years here and I think I can get the work done as good as and much cheaper than I can here." I don't have to resort to that (only once) or the above (only once) because my dealer's service department does have my records and can see how much money I have spent there.

You might try a few searches on the jeep forums (even the forum that must not be named) and take a list of people having the same issue with you. I did that on my transmission issue and they shut up about the supercharger.

2007 Rubicon, Graystone, Auto, Dual, Power, Tow,GENTEX autodim mirror,COOL TECH antenna mount&exhaust,CIBIE,HELLA TPMS,AEM CAI, Fuel Door, Grab Handles,Tuffy,Thule,Olympic,HESCO Supercharger, HID, RR XHD FB w/stinger,DRAKE hoodlatch with locks
1972 C104 Commando - Bone stock
post #6 of 12 Old 06-27-2008, 12:59 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

well i gto the jeep back from a differtn deale rtoday and the first dealer didnt tighten the bleeder for the clutch so it seems to be fixed now, i hope i get ne of those surveys like chevy dealers give out after service

'92 YJ
'13 WK2
post #7 of 12 Old 07-13-2008, 10:46 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Take your Jeeps to a "JEEP Freindly dealership", There are plenty out there that will help unless you live in a small town.

1800-chrysler or ask to speak to the stores GM

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #8 of 12 Old 07-14-2008, 06:35 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

yeah i live in a small town. otten county chry seems to be the closest wheeler frendly jeep dealer

'92 YJ
'13 WK2
post #9 of 12 Old 07-14-2008, 08:04 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

i just got off the phone and chry says the warranty doesnt cover the dealer finding what was wrong and i was charged correctly.

'92 YJ
'13 WK2
post #10 of 12 Old 07-14-2008, 05:12 PM
lbh
Rock God

I hate the dealer, the service is crap, and I know DC is paying for it. My t-case cracked and I had to pay extra since I didn not have the factory skid. I laughed and said that they would not have had to take that off, same number of bolts, if the t-case had not broken. Even better, they had my Jeep for a fricking month! If I did not like Jeeps so much I would never buy another one again. I have just learned to bypass the dealership! Chrysler Customer Service sucks, I too filed a complaint with BAR regarding issues--perhaps enough of these and they will get the hint, I doubt it.

2007 JK

Last edited by lbh; 07-24-2008 at 11:04 PM.
post #11 of 12 Old 07-14-2008, 08:14 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerMonkeY View Post
i just got off the phone and chry says the warranty doesnt cover the dealer finding what was wrong and i was charged correctly.
Chrysler customer service told me that they can't control what a dealer charges for service. It's clear to me that they do not have the customers best interest in mind. Given the state of the american auto industry it should not be a surprise that they fight so hard not to cover repairs under warranty.
post #12 of 12 Old 07-15-2008, 06:00 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

well i told the dealer that charged me i wont be returing for any service or to buy a jeep fro my wife there and i will be goin to ertley (competing dealer where i bought mine from) from now on because they dont charge me fro warranty work.

'92 YJ
'13 WK2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode