Door lock grimlins Help - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 12-10-2014, 06:19 PM Thread Starter

Door lock grimlins Help

Hello any help would be nice ..... I have a 07 4d Sahara and all my doors and rear will lock with the remote or with the button inside from any door and at 15 mph they all lock ..... But the only door that will unlock is the drivers door with the remote or from any switch on any door but none of the others will even try to unlock or even make a noise when trying to unlock ...... Had it to the dealer and they pluged in their computer and after fooling with it for a hour and a half they scratched their head and said ..... Well it should be working and they have never seen this before but if I want to leave it with them they would try some more at 95.00 hr ..... So I took it home and now hoping you guys can help me out on this one ? Sorry for the long post but any help would be appreciated Thank you !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 12-10-2014, 06:53 PM

I eagerly await the responses to this one. I too have an 07 Sahara that has the exact opposite issue. The buttons (key fob or interior) will unlock, but while the key fob lock will set the alarm and beep the horn, neither fob lock or interior lock buttons will lock the doors...
post #3 of 10 Old 12-13-2014, 01:49 AM
Wheeler

I don't know if this will help or not and is off the top of my head. I have a '13 JKU Rubicon and i thought you could access some of the door lock/unlock features from the steering wheel (at least on my jeep) going in to the settings. I seem to remember seeing something about which doors get unlocked using the FOB.

I can't believe it would be as simple as changing the programming settings like this but take a look.

Last edited by GoPrepared; 09-05-2015 at 10:14 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 12-13-2014, 04:57 AM
Rock God

Garage

I've had the same exact problem as @lightning for a while now. I too have the 07 4d Sahara. I've haven't been able to remedy the problem and I've asked every mechanic I've ever come in contact and no one has a solution. Sorry that really didn't help.

I usually just keep hitting manual the door unlock button and at about the 10th time it finally kicks in and unlocks the doors. Then everything works well for a while, anywhere from 1-2 days to 1 month, then it happens again.

I have noticed that sometimes, if I manually unlock a door where the lock seems to be stuck halfway, then hit the unlock button it works correctly immediately. I'm suspecting that the problem is arising from a door lock plunger not moving the lock mechanism in and out all the way and the "system/computer" not knowing what to do. I've looked for frayed wires and loose connections but everything always checks out fine. The half-lock syndrome doesn't always happen with the same door, but it seems to be more prevalent in the rear doors.

Thanks @GoPrepared, but unfortunately '07s don't have steering wheel controls.

My dog is worried about the economy because Alpo is up to 99 a can. That's almost $7.00 in dog money.
post #5 of 10 Old 12-13-2014, 07:29 AM
Rock God

Garage

i have all manual for a reason

just an idea of what i was fighting with my old GMC, has anyone tried lubing the locks? our 07's are starting to get some age to them.

"Gremlin"
Nothing in my jeep is sacred, except my jelly beans and apple liquorice. Don't touch those...
post #6 of 10 Old 12-13-2014, 09:02 PM Thread Starter

Unfortunately mine doesn't even click or try to unlock that's why I thought it was a programming problem but after the dealer and also a friends shop that has the newest snapon computer we still just can't get anywhere with it .... We checked all plugins and unhooked the battery overnight reset all codes but nothing seems to work ....... Even when you control it with the computer it thinks it's working correct and that it is unlocking its self and that's where everyone gets stumped but I am determined to get to the bottom of it and will keep you guys updated if and when I get this figured out ...... I just can't stand not having something on a vehicle that doesn't work !!! (I spent 8 hrs in the shop today fixing the parking brake to work like a parking brake should)
post #7 of 10 Old 12-13-2014, 10:22 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
Unfortunately mine doesn't even click or try to unlock that's why I thought it was a programming problem but after the dealer and also a friends shop that has the newest snapon computer we still just can't get anywhere with it .... We checked all plugins and unhooked the battery overnight reset all codes but nothing seems to work ....... Even when you control it with the computer it thinks it's working correct and that it is unlocking its self and that's where everyone gets stumped but I am determined to get to the bottom of it and will keep you guys updated if and when I get this figured out ...... I just can't stand not having something on a vehicle that doesn't work !!! (I spent 8 hrs in the shop today fixing the parking brake to work like a parking brake should)
have you looked to see if something slipped mechanically? my GMC jimmy's door locks all failed at the same time one winter

"Gremlin"
Nothing in my jeep is sacred, except my jelly beans and apple liquorice. Don't touch those...
post #8 of 10 Old 12-13-2014, 10:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneJK View Post
have you looked to see if something slipped mechanically? my GMC jimmy's door locks all failed at the same time one winter
That's my next step I'm gonna put a meter on the wires going to each door and see what and if I have any current ...... It's just weird that the other 3 doors and even the rear swing locks correct but just won't unlock :/
post #9 of 10 Old 12-15-2014, 06:13 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneJK View Post
i have all manual for a reason

just an idea of what i was fighting with my old GMC, has anyone tried lubing the locks? our 07's are starting to get some age to them.
I was thinking exactly the same thing. mine are all manual as well, and even they get a little sticky now and than and need some attn.

especially when it is cold/ice/salt season.
post #10 of 10 Old 12-16-2014, 09:32 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
I was thinking exactly the same thing. mine are all manual as well, and even they get a little sticky now and than and need some attn.

especially when it is cold/ice/salt season.
i usually pop off my doors and bring them in my grandpa's old workshop RIP Gramps and grease everything internally with smurf blue marine grease. it holds up to the salt and moisture.

"Gremlin"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode