transmission issue 6spd, HELP - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 02-14-2010, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

transmission issue 6spd, HELP

So driving on the highway yesterday coming back from the US picking up jeep parts, and the clutch pedal started to lose all resistance in the first 3" of pedal travel, Once I got to the border I had to press the pedal all the way to the floor to get it in gear, and ended up stalling several times just getting up to the border guard. managed to get just across the border and then that was it, could not get it in gear, clutch straight to the floor. Bell housing was leaking from the openings, there was both some dark looking fluid as well as lighter colored one, I'm not sure what either is, i was under the impression ATF4 was red? anyways ended up having it flatbedded to the deal who is not open till tuesday.

does anyone have an ideas about what could be the issue? I dont' wanna get screwed by the dealer....If it matters this was my first somewhat long trip 2hrs, highway driving with my new 37's. thanks all

2007 2dr Rubi: lifted, 37's, custom fab work, lots of other stuff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 02-14-2010, 11:54 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to JohnnyWalker

Sounds like the crummy hydraulic clutch slave cylinder leak...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlime? View Post
Did you just search for "gay" or "halo" and bump those threads?
post #3 of 14 Old 02-14-2010, 06:45 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

X2 on slave cylinder leak.

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 02-14-2010, 09:02 PM
Rock God

Garage

Same thing happened to me on last Monday. I lost the whole clutch, slave cylinder, TOB, some pressure plate thing, and everything else involved with the clutch. If you have less than 12k miles, the whole thing should be covered under warranty, if not the slave and tob should be covered under the bumper to bumper thing (from what I've been told).
post #5 of 14 Old 02-15-2010, 07:14 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmg5819 View Post
Same thing happened to me on last Monday. I lost the whole clutch, slave cylinder, TOB, some pressure plate thing, and everything else involved with the clutch. If you have less than 12k miles, the whole thing should be covered under warranty, if not the slave and tob should be covered under the bumper to bumper thing (from what I've been told).
shit that is not good news....i am out of my bumper to bumper warranty but still have powertrain, hopefully that will cover it.....

post #6 of 14 Old 02-15-2010, 07:18 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmg5819 View Post
You sure you lost the whole clutch, or is that what they told you? Sounds like they just upsold a clutch to me. The slave will not "just take out" a clutch. If they replaced the slave, then you drove it to find chatter/clutch slipping..then thats possible. But if they just up and told you that you needed that without replacing just the slave first, i think they saw you comin'.

Was it all warranty?

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
post #7 of 14 Old 02-15-2010, 09:14 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXASKEV View Post
X2 on slave cylinder leak.
x3 on slave cylinder.
post #8 of 14 Old 02-15-2010, 09:18 AM
Granite Guru

slave cylinder X4 and mine went out after warrenty its only around 100 dollars for the part and an hour or 2 install

2007 black sahara
35 nitto mud grapplers
3 inch BDS/Teraflex lift
Built D44 front
Flat fenders
river raidor rock sliders
kc 6 inch slim lites
HID head lights
rock krawler hd tie rod
rock krawler hd drag link
river raider front bumper
river raider full skids
river raider crusher corners and led circle tail lights
river raider rear bumper and tire carrier

post #9 of 14 Old 02-15-2010, 09:27 AM
Wheeler

I got 36,000 on my rubi and it has happened two times to me repalce the slave cylinder and you should be fine.
post #10 of 14 Old 02-15-2010, 09:37 AM
Granite Guru

anything that has to do with the powertrain is covered under your powertrain warranty. this includes transmission and all clutch parts.

Nice one Codd. Why dont you go have a Crainal Anal Inversion and call me tomorrow?

Thanks to people like you I have job security!

Why no officer this is not a potato launcher. Potato launchers are illegal. Why this, this is a Yam launcher!
post #11 of 14 Old 02-16-2010, 08:01 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter_EMT View Post
anything that has to do with the power train is covered under your power train warranty. this includes transmission and all clutch parts.
Where did you hear this? I just heard back from the dealer who states it is not covered under power train, which doesn't make any sense since it controls the clutch!! I hate chrysler. I don't get it at all, its obviously a known issue yet they won't take responsibility for it.

post #12 of 14 Old 02-16-2010, 08:59 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodysgotacuda View Post
You sure you lost the whole clutch, or is that what they told you? Sounds like they just upsold a clutch to me. The slave will not "just take out" a clutch. If they replaced the slave, then you drove it to find chatter/clutch slipping..then thats possible. But if they just up and told you that you needed that without replacing just the slave first, i think they saw you comin'.

Was it all warranty?
they replaced the whole thing under warranty. They showed me the clutch, but I have no idea what I am looking at. I posted a thread under dirty laundry with the pics that I took of it. It looked beat to hell, and anyone in the NE can tell you that I was not gentile on the clutch during our rides. I think mine was a combination of shitty driving and shitty clutch.

Sorry for the hijack.
post #13 of 14 Old 02-16-2010, 12:05 PM
Granite Guru

what i have been told is powertrain is internals of motor and transmission nothing external other wise they would have to replace a alternator because it is connected to the engine just my .02 cents good luck X5 on the slave cylinder.
post #14 of 14 Old 02-18-2010, 10:11 AM
Granite Guru

Alternators are considered parts that wear out over time just like brakes now if the pulley had broken away and just spun freely at an early mileage then it shouold be covered but here's the kicker the dealership decides what milage that is

Nice one Codd. Why dont you go have a Crainal Anal Inversion and call me tomorrow?

Thanks to people like you I have job security!

Why no officer this is not a potato launcher. Potato launchers are illegal. Why this, this is a Yam launcher!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode